The Ultimate Car

daleyboy

Just been watching top gear on tv and they featured Aston Martin b5 and a jag e type

Mine would have to be the db5

As for a modern car it would have to be pagini zonda

What are your ultimate cars? :o

Edited by daleyboy

THE ultimate car is without doubt the Jaguar XJC...

V12 version if you can afford the petrol  :D

This one in the photo is a 4.2 model which I finished restoring last year.

(shame about the colour) :D

Lovely , I have had a few Series 3 V12's but never a coupe. I once drove one to my parents in Fort William , a round trip of 1000 miles, using 100 gallons of fuel.

I could have bought a return flight to Bkk for less.

My dream car would be an original Gullwing Merc , or the S-type Jag in Inspector Morse... :o

I have to say i am currently driving round in one of the cars i always wanted to own as a kid

My nissan skyline

Sweet , is that a gtr-32 ?

I once had a 3000zx TT but always lusted after a skyline.

Its only the baby r33 gts couldnt afford the 13k needed to buy a 1995 gtr

As a fan of old school muscle cars and being an Aussie , these rides are my ultimate

You'll appreciate this, then:

I had one of these, but with a Chevy 427 and extensive suspension mods...

Sweet motor matey, what do they handle like? i would imagine it is like driving a boat on wheels :o

As a callow youth in the late 60’s I acquired a XK 120 which I managed to wright off 3 days later. :D

Something I have regretted ever since. :D

Still brings a tear to the eye just thinking of the beautiful machine I managed to destroy. :o

Just been watching top gear on tv and they featured Aston Martin b5 and a jag e type

Mine would have to be the db5

As for a modern car it would have to be pagini zonda

What are your ultimate cars? :D

Few days ago I saw the DB9 convertible for the first time at my cardealer... :D forget the DB5 my friend....just forget about it.

2 guys took it out for a testdrive; 1 of them the toplawyer in my country, the other one a CEO of some company. Cost? 220.000.-- euro, some 275.000.-- US$ :o

Well, what are dreams for...rigth?

As  a callow youth in the late 60’s I  acquired a XK 120 which  I managed to wright off 3 days later. :D

Something I have regretted ever since. :D

Still brings a tear to the eye just thinking of the beautiful machine I managed to destroy. :o

Whats an xk120?

Just looked it up is the one you mean?

If it is i can see why you regret smashing it up :D

Edited by daleyboy

Lovely , I have had a few Series 3 V12's but never a coupe. I once drove one to my parents in Fort William , a round trip of 1000 miles, using 100 gallons of fuel.

My dream car would be an original Gullwing Merc , or the S-type Jag in Inspector Morse... :o

mmmmm... V12 series III Jaguar aren't they something. Had one a few years back before jumping into the XJC's.

Just one small correction.... Morse drove a Mark II Jaguar not the S-type.

It was sold a few years back I think, auction in London ?

mmmmm... V12 series III Jaguar aren't they something. Had one a few years back before jumping into the XJC's.

Just one small correction.... Morse drove a Mark II Jaguar not the S-type.

It was sold a few years back I think, auction in London ?

Yep you got me , serves me right for correcting peeps in the guitar solo section...lol

Do you many stares driving the Coupe in Los , or are you elsewhere?

Souped-up Chinese moped - 128cc. 100+miles to the gallon. Park anywhere. Zip through the closest BKK traffic jam (nippy in the jungle too). Does 60 mph on a straight run. Virtually no pollution. Pay a pittance for tax and insurance.

Don't need anything else - no sublimation required.

Edited by Thomas_Merton

Do you many stares driving the Coupe in Los , or are you elsewhere?

I wish I did have that XJC in LOS :o no, I had that one in Sydney,Oz.

There is only 1 XJC in the whole of Thailand.

It is a Daimler Sovereign model, extremely rare cat as only 1,677 of this type were produced. They were never exported into LOS so the one for sale is a private import. It was advertised on the internet (Pasar Thai) and was then in the Bangkok Post (English) for about a month. From memory he was asking 650,000 baht.