Tourism-Related Business Pleads For Thai Govt Help

webfact

got to be one of the wooliest pieces of information ever!

The truth is that in Thailand I would think the normal failure rate of "tourist related" (whatever that is) businesses fail anyway - largely due to imbecilic management and ludicrous market research.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were they giving extra money back to the government when they were raking in crap tons of cash and taking tourists for all they're worth? Rise and fall with the tide.

And attract tourists with a Lanna festival in BANGKOK??? Oh, look there's a Lanna festival in BKK, let's go to Thailand for vacation... :huh:

That is an Idea set out so well connected northern Thailand tourist businesses can over charge the government to attend and promote there businesses. It is an idea of the larger and more politically aware operators who will reap the rewards and assure their place in the Thai peeking order of old boys club. It has nothing to do with promoting foreign tourists, just trying to bring the BKK people back as visitors, who no longer want to support "Red Chiang Mai". Remember CNX was well supported by central Thai tourists in spite you could not see them but they used too greatly out number the western tourist.

<br>How sad... but how many have been closed due the sight of soldiers killing people in the street? How many businesses have been closed because of the airport occupation and how many have been closed due to the incompetence of Abhisit's boss Suthep? Lots more, the difference is that it is pretty convenient to complain when business is bad with this bunch of yellow shirt lovers, they will pay out and they can easily do so by cutting the absurd military budget.<br>
<br><br>But the tourist industry only represents 6% of the overall economy, at least that's what the government says, so nothing to worry about here.

Unfortunate for those caught up in it,but as long as "the thai way" of business strategy/thinking is applied nothing will ever change,

I dont think there is any other country in the world that uses the logic that if there are VERY few customers the prices GO UP to make up for lost business

I just cant fathom the idea of a hotel operator who would rather have an empty house instead of lowering costs to attempt to attract extra business, UNLESS of course, they are already running at a loss, in which case its time to get out.

One case from personal experience..visiting the backwaters of hua hin (somewhere in Pranburi actually) in the middle of nowhere, ran into a small hotel, which they called..resort

Looked like no-one had been there for years..it had beach frontage but was absolutely desserted, no sign of life anywhere..the only sign the place was in fact inhabited was that the pool had clear water in it :rolleyes: and the only reason we even found the place was because we were exploring obscure beach roads by bike

When we finally found someone to ask the question of price, the answer was 3,500 baht per night :blink::blink:

the bike couldnt start up fast enough:lol:

Hi, I read your comments with interest. My wife & I spend 4 months in Chiang Mai every year we are 65'ish. However Thailand is not the only Country that in these Economic bad times increases it's prices. We have an apartment in Florida in the past 2 years the local Council have tripled the Car Tax increaed property taxes & so on. Shopping prices, hotel prices etc are all on the increase. This year there is a threat of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, "any accommodation bargains to be had" NO!!! I think the attitude in this crazy capitalistic society is that we have less clients so the ones we do have will pay more. We spent 4 nights in Bangkok "Riverside" last year after a trip to Kanchanaburi. The particular hotel "Navalai" has increaed online it's prices by around 500baht+ a night this year. In Chiang Mai we stay at one of 2 privatly owned Hotels who's prices have not increased in 5 years. Online brokers are killing the prices for hotels, flights etc. :annoyed:

Edited by cdnvic

Have indeed seen a few travel agencies and guesthouses close down or change hands unable to pay the bills here in Chiang Mai the past couple months, but some of these were also getting desperate in the lean times and practicing very dodgy business, e.g. selling tours at net price or just 20-50 baht over, selling higher priced tours then substituting a cheaper operator, and even selling phony airline tickets. Those that started living on "credit" and not paying their bills finally got caught up and disappeared. So in a Darwinist sense it's cleared out some of the riffraff.

Thailand is starting to see the  longer term effects of the GFC. Less tourist arrivals from Europe with less money to spend.<br><br>

What are these businesses bitching about? don't they know that they have nothing to worry about the TAT has already been reported on Thai Visa for having looked into its crystal balls and are predicting a great year for tourism next year, don't forget that they are the experts and they couldn't possibly get it wrong could they?;)

Edited by landofthefree

Lets see, we had the closure of the airport in 2008 where all the tourists were left on their own and get stuck for several days.

Then we had our airport scams, the Jet Ski scams, the outraged prices of the toek toeks in Phuket and the beating of an older couple because of a parking spot in Phuket. Off course we also have our occasional tourist drugging in Pattaya and Phuket.

If you are able to survive all these things then the fun really starts. Triple prices for foreigners at zoo's and national parks, two menu prices, 1 for Thais and 1 for foreigners and the constant overpricing of your local toek toek drive and don't forget, the all year around open hunting season on tourists for their money.

Then off course we have our nice and flexible visa rules for people who want to extend their vacations in the LOS. We had our 2 months of smog problems in Chiang Mai with sometimes visibility of 10 meters and we had our own warzone in Bangkok.

I can see how appealing Thailand must be in the eyes of all of these tourists. And to make things even more appealing, raising prices sometimes with 20% due to a lack of customers.

It would be nice if Thais who work in the tourist business would start with the most important thing, threating tourists again as guests instead of walking ATM machines.

After spending here nearly 2 years i have to say that the charm of what was once Thailand, i drifting away very quickly. Been to the Philippines recently, so scams, every speaks an understandable language, everybody pays the same price, what a relief......, and people are more friendly there than here in Thailand. And yes, that will be my next destination and prob the country were i'm going to settle myself. I know, i'm just a small vis in the pound, but like me, there are many more who get tired of all this BS.

For all those who run an honoust buisiness, i hope you guy's manage. For all the rest, get broke or change you're attitude.

How many have closed because they should not have opened in the first place.

Too many people jump on the band-wagon without first doing their homework. Some will open a bar, restaurant or guest house because their neighbour is doing it and has a few customers. Those customers won't just multiply overnight - they will spread themselves over all the available establishments and everyone loses out..

To be sure the recent protests by all colours have not helped tourism, but neither they not the government can be blamed for all the tourism ills. There is just over-supply, through lack of planning.

The government should not bail everyone out.

How can you plan for an airport take over and protesters being allowed to take a city hostage for 8 weeks? No one saw that coming!

Our business was doing very well until the red shirts turned the city upside down. Same happened with the yellow shirts.

Thailand needs stability or many small to large business will take their jobs elsewhere. We're already making plans to invest elsewhere.

One more big episode and few people will ever invest in Thailand again.

Instead of whining, maybe they should drop down their overpriced chargings for everything. Its the old Thai-Game, less customers have to pay double to guaranty the same income as before with more tourists.

Thailand is by far not a cheap travel destination anymore since the Thaibaht is very strong against USD Euro and other currencys. For better knowing whats going on in the WORLD AROUND THAILAND I suggest Thais watching something else as only Thai-Soap-Operas and Thai-News. As long as they see Foreigners only as the goose which lay the golden eggs things will not change

How sad... but how many have been closed due the sight of soldiers killing people in the street? How many businesses have been closed because of the airport occupation and how many have been closed due to the incompetence of Abhisit's boss Suthep? Lots more, the difference is that it is pretty convenient to complain when business is bad with this bunch of yellow shirt lovers, they will pay out and they can easily do so by cutting the absurd military budget.

Don't blame politics! Although I'm sure the government would love to blame political unrest. The Baht is only just starting to drop in value and with a global recession people don't want to go to a country where their GBP, Euro or Dollar is worth 30% less than it was 2 years ago. Home grown tourism must be booming as the price you'd pay for a flight to come here can get you a good few nights in a nice hotel or a cottage rental. The math's simple! With airfares and hotels it's cheaper to stay at or near home without the worry of crap exchange rates. And it's summer!

How sad... but how many have been closed due the sight of soldiers killing people in the street? How many businesses have been closed because of the airport occupation and how many have been closed due to the incompetence of Abhisit's boss Suthep? Lots more, the difference is that it is pretty convenient to complain when business is bad with this bunch of yellow shirt lovers, they will pay out and they can easily do so by cutting the absurd military budget.

Your comments are so patently absurd that they define logic.

As the article stated and I had written even before reading it - Thailand has nothing to offer except for a beach and they have shit all those up as well.

If you want to see temples - its Cambodia and Burma

If you want to visit tribes - its Myanmar, Lao and N.Vietnam

If you want to be in nature - its Malaysia

If you want to shop - its Singapore and HKG

The only thing Thailand has left to offer is a beach and as the article stated and I can truly attest (and hookers from Issarn). The beaches are a catastrophic mess. A mess from over development, garbage/sewage issues, fisheries, water pollution, garbage both from tourism and especially dumped of fishing boats.

Tourism is truly zero sum. What is spent there is not spent here. Further, in some people modest situation, an international holiday is a big event, especially if a family is involved.

Then there is a darker side, that the article does not go into. The nasty hookers, druggings, dope, muggings, thefts, hiv, the utter lack of assistance by police. The rudeness of Immigration officers when attempting to extend a visa and he need for a ticket out here as well. Dengue...

Finally, there s the total hassle of getting a TR from ones own country. A ticket out? The nation is connected to three countries and through hem an additional three. Bank account statements &lt;deleted&gt;!!

Yes, and as mentioned - people have rushed into many tourist services with mad abandon. How many massage parlors in Pattaya trying to stay alive on B100 hr massages? How many other me-too services of poor quality.

But it's funny because in the end, the wealthy in his country will remain so and they will enjoy their fancy cars and houses, maids, security guards and KTV girls. They are quite alright with the chaos. I guarantee. Bring on more if it insures their power and wealth. Property market in the dumps? You have to sell short your property in the years to come, nothing but opportunity for the wealthy Thai guy - stoopid farang.

Great article, I could have written myself. Been preaching it for years.

Is there a Cambodia Visa or Vietnam Visa website to help get a feeling for things in those countries?

I couldnt agree more. As much as these politicians in office point the finger at everything/everyone but themselves, it has become obvious to me that there is no proverb with Thai that matches that western one; "Everytime you point a finger at someone else, there are always 4 other fingers pointing back at you".

Love it! "define logic"

but Navalator - doesn't that make your post a bit oxymoronic?

mind you what d'you expect ?????

The Thai government need to ease restrictions on visas, how much money do expats spend in other Asian countries doing needless visa runs,the money wasted would be spent in Thailand. Yes, do all the checks, but just make it a bit easier for us, make it look like you like us staying here!!

Good post

The Thai government need to ease restrictions on visas, how much money do expats spend in other Asian countries doing needless visa runs,the money wasted would be spent in Thailand. Yes, do all the checks, but just make it a bit easier for us, make it look like you like us staying here!!

Good post

Logically, one can only assume that the government, as a rule, doesn't want to make it too easy for us to stay here.

This headlines go well along with previous ones that tourism will rebound in 6 months and that they planning to reach 1 trillion from tourism and BOT showing very strong signs of tourism recovery and so on.

Little like that Thailand was not affected by US financial meltdown because Thai banks were not exposed to US markets. Now Thailand is not affected by European troubles because Thai banks are not exposed to EU markets, SO what markets is Thailand exposed to?-African?

I have always believed that the main threat to the Thai banks comes from their own owners and people with a "controlling interest".

These membrs of FETTA obviously did not read the happy news about the tourist trade rebounding in 6 months, but probably did read the news that the TAT was splashing out loads of government money on promotional campaigns to convince everyone that Thailand was just as perfect as ever.

As the article stated and I had written even before reading it - Thailand has nothing to offer except for a beach and they have shit all those up as well.

If you want to see temples - its Cambodia and Burma

If you want to visit tribes - its Myanmar, Lao and N.Vietnam

If you want to be in nature - its Malaysia

If you want to shop - its Singapore and HKG

The only thing Thailand has left to offer is a beach and as the article stated and I can truly attest (and hookers from Issarn). The beaches are a catastrophic mess. A mess from over development, garbage/sewage issues, fisheries, water pollution, garbage both from tourism and especially dumped of fishing boats.

Tourism is truly zero sum. What is spent there is not spent here. Further, in some people modest situation, an international holiday is a big event, especially if a family is involved.

Then there is a darker side, that the article does not go into. The nasty hookers, druggings, dope, muggings, thefts, hiv, the utter lack of assistance by police. The rudeness of Immigration officers when attempting to extend a visa and he need for a ticket out here as well. Dengue...

Finally, there s the total hassle of getting a TR from ones own country. A ticket out? The nation is connected to three countries and through hem an additional three. Bank account statements &lt;deleted&gt;!!

Yes, and as mentioned - people have rushed into many tourist services with mad abandon. How many massage parlors in Pattaya trying to stay alive on B100 hr massages? How many other me-too services of poor quality.

But it's funny because in the end, the wealthy in his country will remain so and they will enjoy their fancy cars and houses, maids, security guards and KTV girls. They are quite alright with the chaos. I guarantee. Bring on more if it insures their power and wealth. Property market in the dumps? You have to sell short your property in the years to come, nothing but opportunity for the wealthy Thai guy - stoopid farang.

Great article, I could have written myself. Been preaching it for years.

Is there a Cambodia Visa or Vietnam Visa website to help get a feeling for things in those countries?

Actually you can go to the Cambodian Embassy website and check some things out. Like a 1 year Business Visa that, if I remember correctly, is about $25 U.S. With that you can do business, or just go lay on the beach somewhere, and not have to report every 90 days like here. There is also a web site on how to open your own bar in Cambodia as well. And it is YOURS, not 49% yours and the other 51% Thai. (Cambodian). Lao has as many restrictions on owning things like cars, motorbikes, property, houses, etc., as Thailand, so it's a nice place to visit, but not really live.

its not just Bangkok problems.

Just in the past 2 days

a bar girl killed and stuffed in suitcase in Phuket and

an Irish tousit had his ATM stolen and then 750,000.

Thailand over the yeasr has gotten less safe and people relaze this and head elsewhere

The party's over.With the world starting to have A double dip look out.It might be worse in the next year or so then it was in 2008.hold on to your seats,it might be A rough ride.

I see it the same way. We run a small Thairestaurant in Phuket Nai Harn. Business is down but its not just because the tourists not come anymore. When we open the restaurant there were 3 other Thairestaurants around on a 3km stretch...now there are 30 (THIRTY) !!! one could ask itself HOW stupid are Thais? Same on the viewpoint. 5 years ago someone opened a Sunset Bar, now he got 6 neighbors but still not 6times more customers like 5 years ago. Thais cant count and dont have own businessideas, COPY the neighbor and everything will be fine...if not ask the government for help or blame whoever but itself.....

I dont care less Tourists will come, I HOPE they find other, cheaper destinations and we get the Thailand back we loved once. :rolleyes:

I couldnt agree more. As much as these politicians in office point the finger at everything/everyone but themselves, it has become obvious to me that there is no proverb with Thai that matches that western one; "Everytime you point a finger at someone else, there are always 4 other fingers pointing back at you".

Deeral also replies to TheBarbarian's comment:

Love it! "define logic"

but Navalator - doesn't that make your post a bit oxymoronic?

mind you what d'you expect ?????

What does this have to do with the topic. I'm sure there's some old thread you can find to post this on, or start a new one.annoyed.gif The topic is what again? Tourism Related Businesses Pleas For Thai Government Help?

So in the current world economy, which Thailand seems to think it's immune to a downturn? Bail out tourist businesses for what? There are way too many! Might as well let some of the worst ones fold. Including Thai Airways and TAT!

logbags user_popup.png

I will tell you there are a number of scammy Indians working the streets in Bangkok and Pattaya as con artists. I just gave one the finger straight up in his face yesterday. A Kashmiri sure. Then there was the "student astrologer" a Punjabi that took me for some sucker when I got off the BTS at Thong Lor. They are everywhere and especially a greasy mob is up on Khao Sarn Road. Never met a Kashmiri I liked, let alone trusted.

I am amazed at all the Indian riff-raff working the tourists. The word must be out.

Exactly, Australia is probably going to be worse sooner rather than later as well. The Thais just don't realise how annoying tourists find these people. I'm a very easy going person but when someone thrusts a greasy hand in my face and then mimmicks my accent with some smart-arse remark I don't appreciate it. These people are obviously uneducated and clueless because if they were business savvy they would just politely ask if you were interested in a non threatening manner.

I left Patong recently as I nearly launched a prison style bashing on a couple of them who followwed me taking the piss. I just totally ignored them but I was fuming inside and felt like getting on the first bus out of town. When I get approached by an Indian fortune scammer I usually tell them wait, I will tell your future, I see an Indian getting pounded out by an angry farang in about 2 minutes.

I actually chased one off Surin beach and told him to never come back, he ran so fast it was hilarious. God help me if one ever darkens my doorstep trying this out in Australia. He'll be in the boot along with my pointy nosed shovel.

Im surprised that he did not offer you Kashmiri carpets or hashish.

Good post

Logically, one can only assume that the government, as a rule, doesn't want to make it too easy for us to stay here.

Thais really have never wanted us here. It is reflected in all areas other than maybe in respect to women looking for a ferang to support them. The Chinese basically run the economy here they are the ones who build the buildings we live in and wholesale all the items that you see for sale, directly or indirectly, unless "made in Thailand". It is too bad that they have become attached to foreign money and how to use foreigners to get it. Remember if you are a foreigner here you are temporary, whether your retire and die here or not, you are disposable, like a bic lighter for 5 bhat.

The party's over.With the world starting to have A double dip look out.It might be worse in the next year or so then it was in 2008.hold on to your seats,it might be A rough ride.

I see it the same way. We run a small Thairestaurant in Phuket Nai Harn. Business is down but its not just because the tourists not come anymore. When we open the restaurant there were 3 other Thairestaurants around on a 3km stretch...now there are 30 (THIRTY) !!! one could ask itself HOW stupid are Thais? Same on the viewpoint. 5 years ago someone opened a Sunset Bar, now he got 6 neighbors but still not 6times more customers like 5 years ago. Thais cant count and dont have own businessideas, COPY the neighbor and everything will be fine...if not ask the government for help or blame whoever but itself.....

I dont care less Tourists will come, I HOPE they find other, cheaper destinations and we get the Thailand back we loved once. :rolleyes:

Hear hear! I totally agree! It's gotten out of hand here ever since the tsunami brought a big world spotlight on Phuket. I hope many speculators crash and burn. I used to see abandoned projects years ago and I'm seeing a few again. But more stupid developments are starting as well.huh.gif

As foreigners living here full time we need to form an organization to demand certain rites from the government and or protest the lack of. Until we take to the streets all our comments here are in vain. If we can prove to the government here that we are a valuable source of income and even then I am afraid that our efforts may be wasted.

Why don't we take over an area of Bangkok and ask politely for certain rights? Thais seem to do it on a regular basis.

If I don't get banned again for posting here, then what is my purpose for living?

It is as it is and always was in Thailand, the mentality like a 3 year old one, who wants everything but if giving service, things go sour and out of control. The Land of the Free as they call themselves. Land of Free Corruption maybe, Till 1992 it was the military government which filled the pockets of its Members. Then come the prosperous and as well catastropic Years where everyone was thinking play Prime Minister and you are on top. Then the blunder of 1997, where the rich lost within weeks half of their fortune, and you could buy on Sundays expensive things cheap.

Then the Chuan Government brought the TB back on track, while most of the Thais where whinning that it does not go as fast as they want it. To do some things on their own never occured to them.

Then come TRT and through his business he could blow around money as if it is nothing, and the Former Prime Minister and Team has filled the vaults, so easy for TRT to trow money out. As even his biggest friend realized how corrupt he are they have formed the PAD and get him out and out as well the cronies teams, in the end the Democrats take over and then the Terror of the Red starts. To say they are peaceful is a big lie and deceive factor, all the Red gaterings where based on violence. No question about it that there have to be chances to be made in Thailand, and the country in the middle of it, in which way it goes we could see on the action of the Red Shirts. The Temples have become places of Business and all other distracting action. Greed is the motor for it, make the money as you want but share some with me. Now Society has got shaken up in all branches of Life and it is time now to grow up and think in a new way and act in a new way.

The Red Shirts will not go away, neither will the other Colors. The Police need a total overhaul and get rid of the corruption and useless action. That a big lot of them on the Red side could be seen during the terror action of the Red Shirts. The set up of the baricades in the Ratprasong area is and was an act of terror, no other Country in the world would have tolerated what the Thai Government did tolerate.

The Guys in black where not of Thai origin, heard them talk a few times, sounded for me more in the eastern region to thailand and there are only one neighbor where they could come from, The message this has left with Bangkok are the one that everything is possible and when we run, we do not dare to lay fire to some buildings, I have to show of my mental quality.

The Tourists are not there and will not come that easy back, as the costs of living in Thailand have become far to expensive, The political clima, the double pricing, the cheating practice and having even fun at it. The Selfishness when driving, cut in front of everyone, why should I wait! let them wait. The same at cashiers and any other places as well.

get up and build a new Country where the best thing would be to name it back in to "Siam" but my dear Thais the ball is now in your field, and you can not blame it on to the Falangs this time, it is your own personal making as a nation, our countries are the place we the people make out of them, and of course the biggest problem here the corruption in all scales of daily life.

And it does include us foreigners as well, is not the corruption here a part of why we are here? A speeding ticket in our home countries heavy fined, is solved here with 500 THB, and any other trouble can be paid for, do we not like it, or better said use it for our advantage, so we are as well a part of the corruption, that can be only stopped when from the top down to earth it would stop on any level. Only then which would result in better immigration laws, a police force who is effective but unseen, love Singapore for that live your life there, walk along the road and find every 10 meter or so a trashbin with an attached ashtray. Have fun and as long as you follow the rules you get no trouble at all, Fast and friendly immigration a service and business oriented city with some fun factor. Or Malaysia, 90 days of welcome to Malaysia without a visa, even get a Business entry and allowed to do some presentation for the business, thats the way Guests are treated who I am welcome in a Country without hassle of obtain a stay, when it expires make a day trip to Singapore and return the next day back and you can stay another 90 days. Thats what Tourism service is all about. I embrace the Guests and not only their pockets.

Masive changes will take place here within the next few weeks and years and in which direction it goes is not clear to see now, to many shadows behind the scenes. This the Thai way of Life.

Let’s see, we had the closure of the airport in 2008 where all the tourists were left on their own and get stuck for several days.

Then we had our airport scams, the Jet Ski scams, the outraged prices of the toek toeks in Phuket and the beating of an older couple because of a parking spot in Phuket. Off course we also have our occasional tourist drugging in Pattaya and Phuket.

If you are able to survive all these things then the fun really starts. Triple prices for foreigners at zoo's and national parks, two menu prices, 1 for Thais and 1 for foreigners and the constant overpricing of your local toek toek drive and don't forget, the all year around open hunting season on tourists for their money.

Then off course we have our nice and flexible visa rules for people who want to extend their vacations in the LOS. We had our 2 months of smog problems in Chiang Mai with sometimes visibility of 10 meters and we had our own warzone in Bangkok.

I can see how appealing Thailand must be in the eyes of all of these tourists. And to make things even more appealing, raising prices sometimes with 20% due to a lack of customers.

It would be nice if Thais who work in the tourist business would start with the most important thing, threating tourists again as guests instead of walking ATM machines.

After spending here nearly 2 years i have to say that the charm of what was once Thailand, i drifting away very quickly. Been to the Philippines recently, so scams, every speaks an understandable language, everybody pays the same price, what a relief......, and people are more friendly there than here in Thailand. And yes, that will be my next destination and prob the country were i'm going to settle myself. I know, i'm just a small vis in the pound, but like me, there are many more who get tired of all this BS.

For all those who run an honoust buisiness, i hope you guy's manage. For all the rest, get broke or change you're attitude.

Good post. maybe off topic but the thai girlfriend who wants to marry me admitted that she is $56,000 in back payments to the bank on her house, pretending that her ex husband was making the payments while she was living with a guy in Peru. She knew dam_n well that her ex was not paying for her house, while she was hoping for a better life in Peru, she now hopes that I will pay the bank payments to marry her. I would like to but also suggested let the bank take your house and we can buy a tent and sleep outside the bank. What do these women think? That they work and make money and not pay the mortgage on their houses. Already after receiving permission to marry I am having second thoughts about Thailand and Thai women and living in another country.

It is as it is and always was in Thailand, the mentality like a 3 year old one, who wants everything but if giving service, things go sour and out of control. The Land of the Free as they call themselves. Land of Free Corruption maybe, Till 1992 it was the military government which filled the pockets of its Members. Then come the prosperous and as well catastropic Years where everyone was thinking play Prime Minister and you are on top. Then the blunder of 1997, where the rich lost within weeks half of their fortune, and you could buy on Sundays expensive things cheap.

Then the Chuan Government brought the TB back on track, while most of the Thais where whinning that it does not go as fast as they want it. To do some things on their own never occured to them.

Then come TRT and through his business he could blow around money as if it is nothing, and the Former Prime Minister and Team has filled the vaults, so easy for TRT to trow money out. As even his biggest friend realized how corrupt he are they have formed the PAD and get him out and out as well the cronies teams, in the end the Democrats take over and then the Terror of the Red starts. To say they are peaceful is a big lie and deceive factor, all the Red gaterings where based on violence. No question about it that there have to be chances to be made in Thailand, and the country in the middle of it, in which way it goes we could see on the action of the Red Shirts. The Temples have become places of Business and all other distracting action. Greed is the motor for it, make the money as you want but share some with me. Now Society has got shaken up in all branches of Life and it is time now to grow up and think in a new way and act in a new way.

The Red Shirts will not go away, neither will the other Colors. The Police need a total overhaul and get rid of the corruption and useless action. That a big lot of them on the Red side could be seen during the terror action of the Red Shirts. The set up of the baricades in the Ratprasong area is and was an act of terror, no other Country in the world would have tolerated what the Thai Government did tolerate.

The Guys in black where not of Thai origin, heard them talk a few times, sounded for me more in the eastern region to thailand and there are only one neighbor where they could come from, The message this has left with Bangkok are the one that everything is possible and when we run, we do not dare to lay fire to some buildings, I have to show of my mental quality.

The Tourists are not there and will not come that easy back, as the costs of living in Thailand have become far to expensive, The political clima, the double pricing, the cheating practice and having even fun at it. The Selfishness when driving, cut in front of everyone, why should I wait! let them wait. The same at cashiers and any other places as well.

get up and build a new Country where the best thing would be to name it back in to "Siam" but my dear Thais the ball is now in your field, and you can not blame it on to the Falangs this time, it is your own personal making as a nation, our countries are the place we the people make out of them, and of course the biggest problem here the corruption in all scales of daily life.

And it does include us foreigners as well, is not the corruption here a part of why we are here? A speeding ticket in our home countries heavy fined, is solved here with 500 THB, and any other trouble can be paid for, do we not like it, or better said use it for our advantage, so we are as well a part of the corruption, that can be only stopped when from the top down to earth it would stop on any level. Only then which would result in better immigration laws, a police force who is effective but unseen, love Singapore for that live your life there, walk along the road and find every 10 meter or so a trashbin with an attached ashtray. Have fun and as long as you follow the rules you get no trouble at all, Fast and friendly immigration a service and business oriented city with some fun factor. Or Malaysia, 90 days of welcome to Malaysia without a visa, even get a Business entry and allowed to do some presentation for the business, thats the way Guests are treated who I am welcome in a Country without hassle of obtain a stay, when it expires make a day trip to Singapore and return the next day back and you can stay another 90 days. Thats what Tourism service is all about. I embrace the Guests and not only their pockets.

Masive changes will take place here within the next few weeks and years and in which direction it goes is not clear to see now, to many shadows behind the scenes. This the Thai way of Life.

Agree totally with your comments, thanks for taking the time. Remember Thais still believe in Mai nak and nang nak. They believe in their ghosts more that themselves.