English Teaching Certification

I'm curious what sort of certification is needed (or preferred) to teach english in Thailand and other SE Asian countries. There are lots of different training schools offering their certificates and I'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions as to what training/certification is widely accepted. Currently I'm in another line of work in the States and looking for a career change as well as a country change. Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill

All of them are pretty much accepted here in Thailand, it's the quality of training you need to look at mate! And as they're pre-grad qualifications in most other countries it will be your degree that gets you a job there (your Japan's, Taiwans etc.), the certificate will be the icing on the cake.

Who, where and what do you wish to teach?

Well no you don't want to teach it as a second language rather as a foreign language. ESL is for countries like India or European countries, or for forgeigners living in a native speaking country.

Before you asked about other countries in Asia, now you only plan on teaching in Thailand?

The more info YOU give the more info I can give :o Previous quals and experiences will also help? Age and nationality too.

Edited by kenkannif