Which Visa Should I Get?

Hey!

I'm looking to fly over to Thailand this month.. I have accommodation sorted for free in Koh Samui.. my flight is 16th July returning 16th Sept.. I understand that is over 60 days....

Which VISA should I be getting?

Fees:

Tourist visa: one entry = £ 28.00

two entries = £ 56.00

three entries = £ 84.00

Non-Immigrant visa: one entry = 45.00

multiple entries = £100.00

Really confusing me!

Any help appreciated!

Joe

Here are some literature off the website on a tourist visa. Just my opinion (some may have different views) into which tourist visa to obtain but I would

opt for a 'multiple entry' visa. You will get 60 days upon entry (an extension MAY be granted for..not more than 30 days), but you will still need to go to the immigration

bureau for any extension permission. If you have a multiple entry visa, this will enable you to leave the country by land, air, sea and re-entry for another 60 days extension

without any paperwork hassle, also you will enjoy other scenery of neighboring countries. (places like Lao, Cambodia will give you Visas on arrival at a reasonable cost about $30-$35US) Good luck to you.

((outdated and totally false information quoted from website removed))

Edited by lopburi3
false information removed

Get a 90 day non 'o' visa which would avoid any trips to a border or immigration and would work out about the same price as a 60 day tourist with an immigration office extension. I always say its better to come here with the correct visa, it saves any problems down the line.

A single entry Tourist Visa will give you 60 days.

This can be extended at Samui Immigration for a further 30 days for a fee of 1,900 Baht.

Cheers guys this one sounds like the best one? But what if I want to stay over those 90 days? Would I regret not originally getting the multiple entry one?

It sounds like I would need the multiple one to last longer than 90 days right?

Thanks everyone.

I'll apply for a double entry tourist visa for 60 quid then.. I'm going in September (12th to be precise).. should I get it closer to the date or does it start when you arrive there?

One last thing (sorry)... my return is 2 weeks later.. I plan on getting the return flight seperately in a few months (depending on how much I like Thailand!).. the cheapest flight I could find had to fit in with certain dates.. will this cause me any problems at all?

Thanks again people!

Edited by jc7

Thanks everyone.

I'll apply for a double entry tourist visa for 60 quid then.. I'm going in September (12th to be precise).. should I get it closer to the date or does it start when you arrive there?

Thanks again people!

It starts on the day it is issued so do not apply too early.

Tourist Visas are free at the moment. Whether they will issue a double for free will be up to them. You may have to pay for one.

You have gone from over 60 to over 90 to as long as possible.

They have different answers. If you know someone in Thailand and can provide information on them required by Hull to issue the one year non immigrant O visa that would be the best solution for long term stay.

Put my flight back a bit so no rush now :)

Thanks for all the advice, it seems Non Imm O Visa Multi Entry is the one... 100 quid.. I don't mind that if it saves hassle down the line...

I have no idea what the difference between non immigrant and tourist has but perhaps they will explain that over the phone!

Thanks!

hi guys I am wondering which visa can I get, I am planning to semi-retire in Thailand, I might stay there for half year to a year and fly back and forth between USA and Thailand, maybe eventually just live in Thailand but if it doesn't work I will move out. So I am wondering what kind of visa should I get? I am not 55 yet so I can't get the retirement visa...what are my options? thanks guys

Are you age 50? That is the requirement for retirement extension of stay or long term visa.

If not the multi entry non immigrant O visa is the best option but requires evidence of someone in Thailand that you will be visiting and currently only know of Hull in UK and Perth in Australia to be reliable source. Most Consulates will not issue without direct family relationship with a Thai.

If you would like to lean Thai you have the ED visa/extension of stay option. Cost is about 30k for school and 1,900 baht for extension every three months.

Below that is only tourist visa entry which is 60 days that can be extended 30 days and can be used consecutively (but require exit for new visas).

thanks for the responses

so for the tourist visa entry, I have to exit the country every 90 days and just repeat? for this visa can I own condo/house, open up a bank account etc? any limitation on this visa that I need to know about if I wanna semi retire in Thailand.

so they no longer have investment visa eh? like for 3 million baht house and you can get a visa and live there

The lowest investment would be 10 million and that only allows a one year stay at a time, the same as retirement. Tourist visa usage requires a Consulate willing to issue the visa. If you are leaving for a period each year that should not be a problem finding. Staying without leaving occasionally does raise a red flag but most people do not have serious problems even then.

Ahh so I can't get Multi Entry Non Imm Visa... I'm 27, and live in UK.. No Thai friends over there?

So I have to get tourist visa... and if I want to stay as long as possible I should get the 3 entry one???