Advice On Literbikes In Thailand

The more that buys the 600 is even better for me. :) At least they stay out of the way and at the back of the pack where they belong. :)

I luv it when guys with big egos buy litrebikes and join the rides with me. I will always remember the dude showing off on his brand new CBR1000RR. Sticking his knee out as hard & as far as he could, when in the curves.

He had a fright when I overtook him on the outside in a corner riding two up with my chick. The look on his face was priceless.:)

My bike? 115hp & probably twice as heavy as the latest Superbike on the market. LOL Mind you, 3 years of solid track days helps a lot!!

errrmmmm. :ermm:

Spud.... are you the Dude?

Nope.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBR,

I see you have been promoted to Fat Member. has someone been peeking through your curtains.laugh.gif

:D Ya must have. My ever increasing waistline is kinda inline with my bike riding downtime. So this weekend i'm gonna finish putting my bike back together (wrong season but what the hel_l) :P

Go 2-stroke: Light and maximum performance.

It's the closest thing you'll find to a genuine Grand Prix racing machine on the road, be it two wheels or four. Its 250cc two-stroke motor produces in excess of 60 brake horses, giving it a specific output of 240 bhp per litre - more than the fastest MotoGP bikes and on a par with competitive Formula One engines. And it's the last one - the fire-breathing two-stroke racer-roadster is about to become extinct. The next batch of Aprilia RS250 road bikes will be the last - as the last bike of its type. Standard top speed of 220 km/h.

ApriliaRS250nero.jpg

• Like 1

The more that buys the 600 is even better for me. :) At least they stay out of the way and at the back of the pack where they belong. :)

I luv it when guys with big egos buy litrebikes and join the rides with me. I will always remember the dude showing off on his brand new CBR1000RR. Sticking his knee out as hard & as far as he could, when in the curves.

He had a fright when I overtook him on the outside in a corner riding two up with my chick. The look on his face was priceless.:)

My bike? 115hp & probably twice as heavy as the latest Superbike on the market. LOL Mind you, 3 years of solid track days helps a lot!!

Kind of ironic that your last big wreck was on a puny little Triumph 675 huh? :giggle: Don't forget-

Looking forward to our epic ride over the long holiday weekend!

BKK-Tak-Mae Sot-Mae Sariang-Mae Hong Song-Pai-Chiang Mai-Nan-Loei-Bangkok in 4 days! EPIC!!!

Ride On!

Tony

And there you go again....:)

Still it shows does not matter what bike you have, it all down to the rider.

Even good ones crash on 600cc. :)

It's the closest thing you'll find to a genuine Grand Prix racing machine on the road, be it two wheels or four. Its 250cc two-stroke motor produces in excess of 60 brake horses, giving it a specific output of 240 bhp per litre - more than the fastest MotoGP bikes and on a par with competitive Formula One engines. And it's the last one - the fire-breathing two-stroke racer-roadster is about to become extinct. The next batch of Aprilia RS250 road bikes will be the last - as the last bike of its type. Standard top speed of 220 km/h.

ApriliaRS250nero.jpg

OR

NSR.jpg

Haha, yeah I guess now people are just posting their own favorites... At least I think none of these can be described as new-ish inline four sportbikes :-)

The 2007-2008 CBR600RR has been heaped with praise and I will be bidding on one in a Japanese auction this Wednesday. Wish me luck.

Kind of ironic that your last big wreck was on a puny little Triumph 675 huh? :giggle: Don't forget-

Looking forward to our epic ride over the long holiday weekend!

BKK-Tak-Mae Sot-Mae Sariang-Mae Hong Song-Pai-Chiang Mai-Nan-Loei-Bangkok in 4 days! EPIC!!!

Ride On!

Tony

And there you go again....:)

Still it shows does not matter what bike you have, it all down to the rider.

Even good ones crash on 600cc. :)

You know I'm just teasing in good fun- for the record you are a track god and I hope some day when I grow up I can be as cool and fast as you! :lol: Woohoo!

Personally, I'd rather have a 500cc or 250cc two stroke, instead of a " heavy " 1 litre 4-stroke. Powerbands of the 2 stroke is also way more agressive. But it's what you are looking for. The 250cc bike I posted above, is very light and powerfull, which gives you the great handling you asked for, as you said, didn't like the heavy weight in corners of the big bikes. Second question is: are these even availbe in thailand? I guess not, but I guess two strokes are. If you hate maintenance, don't buy a two stroke.

Personally, I'd rather have a 500cc or 250cc two stroke, instead of a " heavy " 1 litre 4-stroke. Powerbands of the 2 stroke is also way more agressive. But it's what you are looking for. The 250cc bike I posted above, is very light and powerfull, which gives you the great handling you asked for, as you said, didn't like the heavy weight in corners of the big bikes. Second question is: are these even availbe in thailand? I guess not, but I guess two strokes are. If you hate maintenance, don't buy a two stroke.

Lots of NSR's. You can even have 300cc if you want.whistling.gif

Edited by VocalNeal

I own a Triumph Street Triple R, never seen one in Thailand though but they will be around.

As they have only been out for a couple of years the price will be high I guess.

Great bike, perfect for this place (Singapore) anyway.

I was lining up an R1 last year in Korat but I was offered a job here, so I,m glad I did'nt go for it in the end.

post-8817-024956300 1279012849_thumb.jpg

I own a Triumph Street Triple R, never seen one in Thailand though but they will be around.

As they have only been out for a couple of years the price will be high I guess.

I was lining up an R1 last year in Korat but I was offered a job here, so I,m glad I did'nt go for it in the end.

This is one of my favorite Bikes here...a real hot & Naked Bike...and i love the triple in any case. One day i will have one ...oh yes i will :-)

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

There is one listed atBritBike. Not sure if is in stock or has to be ordered. There is at least one regular Street Triple here and most certainly more.

Edited by VocalNeal

Street Triple is a phenomenal bike!

Lightweight, Superb handling & looks good.

Goes round corners like it's on rails.

Make for a very good urban bike and fantastic tool to carve up the twisties.

But it's a pain on the King's highway. Anything over 120km/h is hard work. Still add a little screen and this will help a little.

Triple engine offers the torque of a V-twin and the power of an inline four. Perfect combination for Thailand.

But it's a pain on the King's highway. Anything over 120km/h is hard work. Still add a little screen and this will help a little.

Triple engine offers the torque of a V-twin and the power of an inline four. Perfect combination for Thailand.

But does it have ABS??? ;)

Does have any of the current crop of the Jap four Superbike have ABS? Perhaps the OP can increase the budget and opt for 2009 CBR600RR. The only Supersport bike fitted with ABS.

If there is an option to get ABS then it is a definite plus, street or track use.

To answer the question directly, it does not have ABS. Is the OP specifically looking for a bike fitted with ABS? If so, then I recommend the Ninja 650R or 2009 CBR600RR.

Does have any of the current crop of the Jap four Superbike have ABS? Perhaps the OP can increase the budget and opt for 2009 CBR600RR. The only Supersport bike fitted with ABS.

If there is an option to get ABS then it is a definite plus, street or track use.

To answer the question directly, it does not have ABS. Is the OP specifically looking for a bike fitted with ABS? If so, then I recommend the Ninja 650R or 2009 CBR600RR.

Chill Bro! 5chillpill.gif

It was a trick question. ;)

And you failed! :lol:

:cheesy:

Friday the 23rd- the adventure begins!!! :w00t:

Can't wait! :thumbsup:

SSRLogo.jpg

Chill Bro! 5chillpill.gif

It was a trick question. ;)

And you failed! :lol:

:cheesy:

Friday the 23rd- the adventure begins!!! :w00t:

Can't wait! :thumbsup:

SSRLogo.jpg

I deflected it.

It's getting old.

ApriliaRS250nero.jpg

I would own one in a heartbeat, even if parts maybe as rare as rocking horse sh$t in the future. Beautiful machines