Visa For India In Cm

Andreas84

I might travel to India soon, on a tourist visa, and I found there is an indian embassy in Chiang Mai .

It seems from the website, that foreign nationals resident in Thailand for less than 3 years, usually get the visa issued after 5 working days. it also said "Foreign nationals who do not hold resident visas in Thailand are dealt with in a case by case basis".

I guess it should not be a problem to contact the embassy on monday, and to get the visa within a reasonable time. But does anyone have any experience with this, how much time it takes etc?

It takes 5 working days.

Note the consulate is on Thon Hotel not Chareonrat as some sites list. I've had at least 5 tourist visas from them over the years and pretty straight forward although they do now have a 2 month out of India before reapplying rule.

It takes 5 working days.

Note the consulate is on Thon Hotel not Chareonrat as some sites list. I've had at least 5 tourist visas from them over the years and pretty straight forward although they do now have a 2 month out of India before reapplying rule.

Yes. This reply says it all ( as, I found it a few months back ) . I would like to add that, I think there is provision for express service for the issue of certain types of visas at an additional cost - if there is urgency.

Dear OP: Please post what you do, how much it costs, etc. I need to go to India in a few weeks myself and I would appreciate to hear about your experience and costs.

BTW, I'm going to New Delhi, which airline should I fly. I want the cheapest since it's such a short flight.

Thanks

• Like 1

BTW, I'm going to New Delhi, which airline should I fly. I want the cheapest since it's such a short flight.

Take a look at Jet Airways who are an excellent Indian airline that offers very decent fares. They fly from Bangkok direct to Delhi. From memory it's best part of 5 hours flight so not so short.

As for tourist visa you need passport/2 photos/fee. Never been asked for a ticket. Fill out the form and pay and you'll receive your passport back with a receipt. Return to collect visa in 5 working days. Actual fee depends on single or multiple entry visa but usual validity is maximum of 6 months.

Excellent time of year to hit the hills in India.

Enjoy.

I handed in my application yesterday (monday), for a 6 month tourist visa. They told me to come pick it up monday next week. Very easy :-)

I saw that jet airways has a good deal for doubleway ticket BKK-Mumbai. Although my plan is to come back to Thailand after India, I wonder if it is mandatory to have return ticket when entering India by plane? 

Also, does Jet Airways offer open return ticket (did not find this as an option, when searching for flights.)