Three Wheel Motorbikes

In phuket town I saw a unique motorbike, only had a glimpse before they pulled away. It had a liner to protect from the rain, quite possible a cage for protection but couldn't tell. I'm not even sure if it was two, three, or four wheels, or if it was a conversion that can be installed on any bike or a unique type of new motorbike. On the back it said something along the lines of "Safey Bike". Anyone have more info on this? Google doesn't help.

Out by Sam kong / Mission hospital I have seen (what I think is) someone riding a silver BMW C1 a bunch of times..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_C1

BMW%20C1%20125.jpg

Unusual thing to see in Phuket.

There is a yeallow one in Hua Hin too, with a seat belt:lol:

I personally think the C1 is butt ugly.. But when we saw it my missus was "wow cool.. Great idea" (mno accounting for taste.. shes with me after all ;)).. and it did get me thinking.

In a country in the tropics that has such high rainfall, and such a high useage of small cheap 2 wheel transport.. It is kinda surprising there hasnt ever been much evolution of the 'enclosed cockpit' scooter ideas.. I assume side winds would be a big deal, but I can see a real need that simply has never been serviced.

I personally think the C1 is butt ugly.. But when we saw it my missus was "wow cool.. Great idea" (mno accounting for taste.. shes with me after all ;)).. and it did get me thinking.

In a country in the tropics that has such high rainfall, and such a high useage of small cheap 2 wheel transport.. It is kinda surprising there hasnt ever been much evolution of the 'enclosed cockpit' scooter ideas.. I assume side winds would be a big deal, but I can see a real need that simply has never been serviced.

the food stall bikes have solved it by covering it all with one roof, and riding max 30 kmh;)

the rest use umbrella:D

Edited by katabeachbum

• 1 month later...

I have seen 2.. 3 wheel motor tricycles here in Thailand, but not the 2 wheels at the front type

NEW Peugeot-hybrid3-evolution

post-42643-088923200 1278322398_thumb.jp

why would anyone desire to own a tiny weeny toy.... :lol:

when you can have a batman auto like the one below.... :D

There are some of us that like the small soi bikes just for getting around town. Pure convenience in a packed community. I have an old classic Honda Gyro scooter that weighs 60 kilos, as thin as any scooter on the road and goes like a "bat out of hel_l" up to 40 km. I'm here in TH 10 years having gone through bikes, cars, condos and girls etc. I can speak good enough to get around and have been to every conceivable motorcycle shop in Pattaya area looking for a shop that can maintain this bike. Does any body out there in the Pattaya area know of a decent shop that can help me maintain this fun toy. 49cc/2 cycle, centrifuge clutch/single speed, electric start, leading link front end. I've had bikes of all sizes and this is the most fun one ever.

post-35484-007179200 1288335599_thumb.jp

post-35484-086262000 1288335663_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...