Royal Thai Navy Unmanned Underwater Vehicle

webfact

I understand that only one HArrier is now serviceable The other 9 were bent or have been canabalised. They copuldn't afford the spare parts. The Harrier is a very difficult plane to fly.

The Gulf and most of the Malacca Strailt is shallow and only 60 metres at the deepest points. Subs were not permitted to operate there in WW2 as considered too dangerous. The RN sent in midget subs and sank a Jap cruiser in Singapore Roads. 

Even if they failed to keep it waterproof for longer than 30 minutes, they will learn from it and the research will improve and develop new and better technologies. I would not call it wasted many, in research you have to be prepared to fail, that is part of the process otherwise there would be no progress at all.

Its odd but the reality is that many technologies of the modern world have their roots in the military field.

Submarines are fascinating, we know more about the moon, than what is going on deep under water.

at 3knots the tide better be moving the same direction

can anyone seriously suggest one possible use for this waste of money, I had to do a check on the date just now, making sure it wasn't 1st April