Us Added Pages

I just went to the US consulate and added pages on my one year old passport?Why?"Because they will start charging $83.00 on July 14 for a service that was free up until now.:guitar:I guess this is the change that Oilbama promised.I advise anybody that may need new pages in the future to do it NOW. :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Old news.

Old news with a few days left.Old to me too,not meant for a know it all,some may find it useful.If I can save one person $83.00 the old news will be worth it to me,and that one person.In the time I was there most were there to get extra pages.You have nothing better to do?:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

i have heard it before about charging for visa pages, but im looking at the US Embassy website it didn't say anything about charging a fee for visa page yet, maybe the website is not up to date.

Bangkok US Em adding pages

something doesn't sound right, a new passport cost $100 and adding pages cost $83

where did you get this info from alwaysright?

Edited by chowder

Think yourselves lucky!

As a Brit we cannot have new pages added so have to get a new passport. My current passport is 2 years old (valid for 10) and will be full in the next few months so I will have to fork out the equivalent of over $300 to get a new one:annoyed:

Make an appointment and service is immediate (you do not have to queue). You must arrive before 11 or during the one hour after lunch that they are open. Believe visa also use appointment system no so not sure if the early morning is the mad house it was in previous years or not but if it is I would avoid opining time with everyone in line to clear phone/weapons check.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/acsappointment.html

Make an appointment and service is immediate (you do not have to queue). You must arrive before 11 or during the one hour after lunch that they are open. Believe visa also use appointment system no so not sure if the early morning is the mad house it was in previous years or not but if it is I would avoid opining time with everyone in line to clear phone/weapons check.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/acsappointment.html

I made an appointment for 0900 for yesterday, Tuesday, got there at 0800, no problem, flashed the appointment sheet I'd printed out and submitted my form for additional pages and the passport. There were quite a few walk-ins with no appointment so if you've got time, best to do so, but not necessary.

FYI, this was my 2nd set of extra pages, 1st set was this past March, and still unused. Thought there might be some question on this but none, they went ahead and did the deed.

Mac

i have heard it before about charging for visa pages, but im looking at the US Embassy website it didn't say anything about charging a fee for visa page yet, maybe the website is not up to date.

Bangkok US Em adding pages

something doesn't sound right, a new passport cost $100 and adding pages cost $83

where did you get this info from alwaysright?

USA Today,from the Consulate today,and yes depending on the time left on your passport,maybe better off getting a new one.I couldn't believe it either,from a free service to $83.00 ,it is screw you time at the USA .Trust me it is true.They have to wait two weeks to impose the new fees.The window is NOW.Bye the way passport fees are going up too!Notary too and no more discount for more than one.Change I don't want to believe in!!!:bah: :bah: :bah: :bah:

just made an appointment for Friday to go down there and get added, hope they don't just said that will be 83 dollar please :D,

<_< atleast i can say new rule don't start till the thirteen.

once again thank for that...damnn from 0 dollar to 83 that is the biggest ripoff i ever seen, US is getting broke.

Stop blaming Obama. Don't blame Bush either. Look in the mirror! We wanted it all but someone else is supposed to pay, eh? Doesn't work that way.

I looked in the mirror and blamed myself for the 83.00 charge --- I have to admit though, myself gave me back a bewildered look

Old news.

Old news?I can see how you are a Plat. member with usless comments.I would be a Plat. plus if you counted the times I was banned for telling it like it is.When the US Gov. posts a rate change there is a two week window before a change takes place.If that is old to you I see why you have many posts.The change takes place July 14,2010,if you want to save $83.00 dollars go get it done.I did and I have pages for a few more years,but then I would have to pay the OBAMA tax.I did not:bah: want to. :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah:

Speaking of fees. This is kind of funny. It costs 450 dollars to renounce your US citizenship. If you don't have the cash, forgettaaboutit, you must stay American!

17Q: Why does it cost so much money for me to renounce my U.S.

citizenship?

A: Renouncing one's U.S. citizenship is a significant step

that requires thorough and careful attention. We take

seriously our responsibilities for ensuring that people know

the consequences of their decision and that each case is

properly handled. As a result, the adjudication of

renunciation cases is very costly per case. The new fee of

$450 helps cover those costs.

Stop blaming Obama. Don't blame Bush either. Look in the mirror! We wanted it all but someone else is supposed to pay, eh? Doesn't work that way.

If you look at all the charges,especially the Foreigners for visa's that they usually deny,they have to be making a huge profit.The least they can do is give a refund for denied visas.Or give a pay cut to the US window clerks.My maid has a bigger space to live in than they provide for the citizens services.Across the street they have this huge compound for the embassy,why do we have to pay for that too!Where is my tax money going to?I guess not to my consulate service.?The last prices(Bush) lowered notary fees,now they raise them and charge $83.00 for pages that were free.Don't tell me pant suit Hillary and Obama had nothing to do with this.I have a bridge I want to sell you.:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Edited by Alwaysright

The land across the street has always belonged to the US Embassy (at least back to the 1960's) and was used for housing until the new Embassy building was built there. The current Consulate was an addition to the then Embassy when opened about 30 years ago. It is a small physical area - but it still provides good service in my experience.

The land across the street has always belonged to the US Embassy (at least back to the 1960's) and was used for housing until the new Embassy building was built there. The current Consulate was an addition to the then Embassy when opened about 30 years ago. It is a small physical area - but it still provides good service in my experience.

Yep, the "Purifoy Compound," also included the med unit.

Re the fee increase for the added passport pages, yes, "old news." For those who donhttp://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#documentDetail?R=0900006480a8ffe8't read the Federal Register (???!!!) here, the Notice of Proposed Rule Making, dated 8 February 2010: SUMMARY: This rule proposes adjustments in current fees for consular services. The Department of State is adjusting the fees in light of an independent cost of service study's (``CoSS'') findings that the U.S. Government is not fully covering its costs for providing these services under the current fee structure. The primary objective of the adjustments to the Schedule of Fees is to ensure that fees for consular services reflect costs to the United States of providing the services.DATES: Written comments must be received on or before 30 days from February 9, 2010.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThis info was also in the LA Times, which is where I was alerted to it: http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/state-department-def-6492/And, also posted to ThaiVisa here on 28 Feb, which is where I saw The Word, and why I went down on 3 March and got my 1st set of additional pages:

Mac

Thank you ,but it(embassy) still looks expensive to maintain to me.You didn't answer one thing,maybe you don't want to or have no answer.Everytime I go to the consulate(today) I see long lines of mostly Thais and others that are applying for a visa to the good old USA.The good old USA charges hundreds of dollars$$$ to them and to many,unlike you and me,this is a large investment.Many are turned down and given no reason why,I would like it if my government would return the money when they turn someome down.To me it is stealing from the people that are turned down.To the people that are turned down for good reasons,keep the money but tell them why.Talk about the "ugly American" just look at my consulate. :( :( :( :(

Think yourselves lucky!

As a Brit we cannot have new pages added so have to get a new passport. My current passport is 2 years old (valid for 10) and will be full in the next few months so I will have to fork out the equivalent of over $300 to get a new one:annoyed:

Hey Brit I would be annoyed too,I suspect the US watched the negative comments from the Brits and got the idea to charge.It is just another tax and get ready for a lot more.They will never downsize,and cut cost and help us "peasants".:ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

from 0dollars to 83 for only a few pages of paper, man! thats over board, if it was 25-30dollar that i can understand, but 83 from nothing that's suck big time.<br>

That is why I wrote in,it was not for the know it alls.0 to $83.00 is a huge rip off,and Hillary and her puppet Obama had to sign off on it.:whistling:Change you can see.To the wise you have a few more days to beat them. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: