Premium Kibble In Bangkok

Currently im living around Lad Prao near to Major Ratchayothin and Central.

Been searching for proper kibble for my coming to 3 mth old poodle.

The kibble currently all the pet shops carry are not really good... brands like Hill's science , Pedigree , ANF , ALPO , AvoDerm.

Been feeding him AvoDerm and he has been showing signs of allergies likes itching , licking , biting his paws and tail.

Felt sorry for him for the past 2 weeks so i went out today and found Earthborn Holistic Primitive Natural and its grain-free so im slowly changing the kibble and hope he will stop itching.

Im searching for kibble brands like Innova , Innova EVO , Wellness Core , Artemis , Fromm , Orijen , Taste of the Wild , Acana.

Does anyone know where i can get them anywhere in Bangkok ?

Thanks.

At 3 mths could easily be mange, I would suggest you find a good vet. Our dog had mange as a pup they get immune to the mange mites when they get to about 18mths. After initial treatment oor vet provided a shampoo that we used until dog was old enough to have resistance to the mites. Be careful about the vet you use, get a recommendation some of these clinics/kennels are not clean.

As for food we feed Pedigree food sachets and kibble doing fine...

Taste of the Wild is made by Diamond Pet Foods.. They have a very poor record for QC and have many recalls in the past ... Most dog owners I know will not go near a Diamond product.

can you tell us where to get better dog food in thailand? and dont say fresh food, thats not what this thread is about. i am using a mix of fresh and kibble, and dont want to do only fresh.

The puppy does not have Mange been to the vet recently.

Taste of the Wild is made by Diamond Pet Foods.. They have a very poor record for QC and have many recalls in the past ... Most dog owners I know will not go near a Diamond product.

So where can we get better kibble? :)

Hi, I for one have found that both earthborn and pinnacle are pretty good.. Both are available from Shamu Shamu , this is their number in Bangkok 022 1291 72

i was deciding between Pinnacle and Earthborn cause of what they have in the food. And i took Earthborn as it's grain-free. The diff between Earthborn and Pinnacle is as below. The 2 below are considered the best of Pinnacle and Earthborn.

Pinnacle Peak Protein formula -

Ingredients:

Chicken Meal, Chicken, Potatoes, Oats, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Ascorbic Acid), Tomato Pomace, Organic Quinoa, Salmon Oil, Dried Egg Product, Potassium Chloride, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Vitamin E Supplement, Bromelain, Papain, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Product, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Sulfate, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Riboflavin Supplement (Source of Vitamin B Complex), Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1), Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate.

Pros- First two ingredients are named meat products, good quality ingredients, solid meat content.

The first two ingredients in this food are named meat products. The first is in meal form, and the true first ingredient in the food.

Earthborn Holistic Primitive Natural -

INGREDIENTS:

Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Whitefish Meal, Potatoes, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), Dried Egg Product, Tomato Pomace, Apples, Blueberries, Carrots, Peas, Spinach, Garlic, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Taurine, Cottage Cheese, L-Lysine, DL-Methionine, Beta-Carotene, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Niacin, D-Calcium Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, L-Carnitine, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Ferrous Sulfate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K Activity), Biotin, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Manganese Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum, Enterococcus Faecium, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Products.

Pros: First three ingredients are named meat products, grain-free.

Edited by spacemunk

Funnily enough, I posted the same question on the same day as you. Shabu Shabu was suggested to me also and after speaking with them I decided on Pinnacle. Though Earthborn came a very close second. What swung it for me is that the earthborn has chicken product in it which could be beaks, feet, bones which is not too great. And the Pinnacle is grain free which is brilliant.

They are both excelent premium foods though.

If you deal with Shabu Shabu ask for Faye. She spent ages giving me impartial advice and was very helpfull.

Carnac - Pedigree chum is one of the worst foods you can buy for a dog. Its just full of filler and complete crap. Its almost like the McDonalds of dog food. Most people think it is good food simply because it is well branded. However it is cheap, easy to find, tasty and its not going to hurt the dog as such - but it is not very healthy.

Funnily enough, I posted the same question on the same day as you. Shabu Shabu was suggested to me also and after speaking with them I decided on Pinnacle. Though Earthborn came a very close second. What swung it for me is that the earthborn has chicken product in it which could be beaks, feet, bones which is not too great. And the Pinnacle is grain free which is brilliant.

If you deal with Shabu Shabu ask for Faye. She spent ages giving me impartial advice and was very helpfull.

Im pretty sure she gave you wrong information. The quote below is the correct info. Earthborn doesn't use any by-products. :)

On the whole, it is best to steer clear of foods that use meat by-products. If you must feed a food with by-products, at least choose one that lists the specific source. For instance, chicken by-product is not a great protein source but it’s better quality than meat by-product. Meat by-product is a mix of beaks, feet, feathers, hooves, hair, tumors, and other low quality products made into a meat mix.

Im pretty sure she gave you wrong information. The quote below is the correct info. Earthborn doesn't use any by-products. :)

On the whole, it is best to steer clear of foods that use meat by-products. If you must feed a food with by-products, at least choose one that lists the specific source. For instance, chicken by-product is not a great protein source but it's better quality than meat by-product. Meat by-product is a mix of beaks, feet, feathers, hooves, hair, tumors, and other low quality products made into a meat mix.

Hi. That quote just repeats what I said..... So Im not sure why you are correcting me? The quote states that by products is comprised of beaks, feet etc - and thats what I said also.

Also I should just point out that Shabu Shabu did not give me the ingredients for Eartborne - I looked it up on ww.dogfoodanalysis.com Shabu Shabu actualy said that Eartborne Puppy Vantage would be the best food they have for Puppys.

Oh well. (EDIT for some reason my next paragraph has jumped down to the bottom, see below sentance begining with HOWEVER) !) I must have just mis read it. Its not a problem though as Pinnacle is very high quality and its grain free which is a bonus. Like I said, they are both real good kibble.

The things we do for our dogs eh?

Good luck with your pup. Imk sure the Earthnorne will make him/her feel 100% again in no time.

HOWEVER - it seems io was wrong on earthborne using by products.... I just looked on the review website again (hoping to quote them and prove you wrong lol) and I must have read it wrong. It contains meat products, not by products. I totaly mis read it which is a shame as I was going to go woth Earthborne in the first place. I changted my mind as I thought it said by products.

Edited by HuaHin2010