Baggage Allowance Etihad Airways

nitnoymoy

Anybody flown Etihad from Manchester lately? the checkin staff used to allow 30kg coral class although it said 20kg on your ticket. Had an email from Etihad recently stating 23kg max for coral and talking about charges for taking more,Just wondering about enforcement before booking next flight.Qatar and Emirates both allow 30kg with a freqent flier card

Just returned 2 weeks ago...

Coral Economy Class

Luggage checked in and stowed in the hold Bags with a total not exceeding 23kg.

(for tickets issued before June 15th 2010, only 20kg is permitted)

Items must not exceed the dimensions 45cm x 72cm x 90cm

Even if you choose to exceed your luggage allowance (at additional cost) each item must not exceed 32kg

Etihad Guest Gold members receive 38kg

Etihad Guest Silver members receive 33kg.

As a tip, you only need to take 2 trips in a year, return from Manchester to Bangkok with Ethiad which takes you to the 25,000 miles required to get to Silver membership which also gives you access to lounges free of charge at certain airports.

As for Qatar, if you have a Burgundy Privelege Card you get an extra 10kg baggage allowance, Siver gives you 15kg, and gold gives you an extra 20kg.

Edited by MB1

One other thing to be careful of is that the carry on bag maximum weight is 7kg with Etihad - much lighter than other airlines, and they do check. However I've carried on a flight bag & laptop bag at Manchester, both of which weighed just on 7kg with no problem.

Edited by sandmike

Emirates, Qatar and Ethiad when flying economy all have a weight restriction of 7kg hand luggage and also have size restrictions on the carry on luggage, your allowed more when flying first or Buisness class with all 3 of these airlines.

Flying economy recently with Ethiad my carry on bag was 9.6 kg and I had no problem but another day it could be a different story but when checking in I always show my Ethiad guest card which is now silver which is easily attainable as you only need to take 2 flights in a calendar year from Manchester to Bangkok return, maybe the silver card did the trick.

Also on top of the 7kg limit with Ethiad your allowed to carry on a briefcase or laptop in a bag which is not being used as a container for transportation of items that are classed as baggage.

Qatar and Emirates have a similar policy.

Edited by MB1