Brace Yourselves Against Robberies

jaideeguy

to a certain extent i agree.

I have a neighbor who is a bit of a prick. treats his maid like crap, rude to the motorcycle guys, doesnt eat at the food stalls out front. his house has been burgled thrice in 5 years.

i live 30 meters away. I have lost a pair of shoes in 10 years. We have another neighbor who as also never had an issue. So why him?

This is a dangerous and foolish line of thought. You are trying to imply that bad things happen to bad people and if you are polite and good you will be ok. Outrageous, bad things happen to good people every minute of every day. Wrong place wrong time wrong meeting of the wrong people.... If what you are trying to say were true why does every house in Bangkok have glass shards lining the tops of the WALLS surrounding each home? Are all those home owners bad?

• Like 1

I have a neighbor who is a bit of a prick. treats his maid like crap,  rude to the motorcycle guys, doesnt eat at the food stalls out front. his house has been burgled thrice in 5 years.

i live 30 meters away. I have lost a pair of shoes in 10 years. We have another neighbor who as also never had an issue. So why him?

he has nicer shoes?

I have a neighbor who is a bit of a prick. treats his maid like crap, rude to the motorcycle guys, doesnt eat at the food stalls out front. his house has been burgled thrice in 5 years.

This is a dangerous and foolish line of thought. You are trying to imply that bad things happen to bad people and if you are polite and good you will be ok. Outrageous, bad things happen to good people every minute of every day. Wrong place wrong time wrong meeting of the wrong people.... If what you are trying to say were true why does every house in Bangkok have glass shards lining the tops of the WALLS surrounding each home? Are all those home owners bad?

i don't disagree, there are always random elements, but in an established community, people are less likely to rip off someone they like (knocks wood). Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?

oh, and there are no glass shards on my walls. nor any other house on the sub soi and the house is some 40 years old.