Pressure Washers

I want to buy a pressure washer for cleaning the driveways, pool area and car.

My experience in Uk of these machines was that most of them were unreliable.

Has anyone bought one here and been pleased with it ?

Had a couple of the cheaper ones you can buy from Big C Makro ect. They are very powerful, but we were using them cleaning on the farm after milking. Twice a day every day.....did'nt last long. I ended up making a 3rd one out of the bits from the other two. Thats more of an industrial use though, not really what they were designed for.

You can buy pressure washers that use a seperate motor and pump all set up on a frame, they even sell them in the local village about 4000 bhat, they don't have quite the same pressure, but better water through put and are much more reilable, easy to get spares and easy to fix. We just use a 1 hp water pump on the farm now, not huge pressure but it dont half chuck the water out :o

Bought one from Lotus about a year ago for about 3,000 baht.

Still going strong, but a word of warning. Used it on some discolored concrete in the garden, and it took the first layer off. Not sure if it is a good idea to use it on the truck's paintwork since. :o

If you use it on wood to strip paint or varnish , spray along with the grain or you'll end up with toothpicks flying off everywhere, damaging the wood.

I used to do this commercially for stripping paint off bricks or wood, graffiti, cleaning warehouses. The water was boiling hot. That machine was powerful enough to cut a tree.

WEAR SHOES! Even the smaller models can pierce skin easily.

If you use it on wood to strip paint or varnish , spray along with the grain or you'll end up with toothpicks flying off everywhere, damaging the wood.

I used to do this commercially for stripping paint off bricks or wood, graffiti,  cleaning warehouses. The water was boiling hot. That machine was powerful enough to cut a tree.

WEAR SHOES! Even the smaller models can pierce skin easily.

And safety glasses!

Even if you don't use one as powerful as penzmans, your eyes would still be exposed to air-borne debris.

And if cleaning off algae or fungal growths, consider using a mask as well.

Think safe.

:o

Thanks for your replies.

Can you tell me which makes they were.

I was a Karcher dealer in UK and would never sell them again.

The home models were very unreliable.

The Psi rating does not worry me as it is the delivery rate which does the work.