Tourist Visa To U.S.

After talking to some expats, what do you think are our chances of her getting a 6-month tourist visa to the U.S.? Assuming we get a fair-minded interviewer, here is what she's prepared to bring:

1. photos of her with her children

2.Document: change of home address from Issan to Pattaya

3. Bankbook with my monthly payments to her since August,2008

4. Bankbook showing her salary at Bangkok facotory for 8 years

5. Receipts from the factory

6. Copies of my passport and non-immigrant visa

7. Copy of my sales purchase contract for our condo in March,2009

The purpose of her visa is to practice her English and see the U.S. She would stay with me at my home in the U.S. before and after our trip. She is attending AUA school and has successfully completed 12 levels. She is also attending a Thai school to receiving her GED-equivalent high school education. Her two children are 12 and 4 years old.

What are her chances and what have I neglected to add, both documents and information?

I would estimate about a 5% chance of success on a tourist for her to the US without outside help. I would suggest you contact tslthailand.com and speak with Virginia. This company is very good at what they do and are very professional and you will not be screwed. I have used them on occasion especially when I took wife to US. They are located across from the US embassy in Sindhorn bldg on Wireless.

do u have 800,000+ thb in the bank saving with verifiable history?

it will increase your odds considerably, much more than 5% ....

perhaps, your visa consultation person could help you discover other more worthy objectives to visit the almighty u.s. of a.

good luck and pls keep us posted.... there are numerous others who would like to follow your footstep to see disney land (california) and disney world (florida)....

a dream of a life time for million of kids.... :D

Edited by nakachalet

Good luck. When we tried in February of 2009, we provided a list of stuff ten time longer than the OP's, including a letter of reference from a U.S. government official stationed in Bangkok, copies of several deeds for real property and the house she owns, two car titles, all of her bank books showing substantial balances, proof that she is currently emplyed as a school teacher and had been for 24 years (and would forfeit all accrued retirement benefits if she doid not come back), a letter of reference from her school principal, permission from the Thai government to travel (necessary for government employees), two roundtrip airplane tickets, an affidavit from me stating that I lived in Thailand, and had for two years previous, intended to remain here foreverer, and no longer had any real estate, home or address in the US, etc. Anyway, the Consular officer looked it over for two minutes (no shit -- it was only two minutes) told her the visa was denied and that she would have to apply for a K-1 marriage visa. Of course this was bullshit as my wife had and has no desire or intention of EVER living in the US. She just wanted to see my country. An application for a K-1 would be fraudulent, as there is no intention to immigrate.

I am interested to hear what happens with the OP.

We will try again (but only one more time) in about three months. The only thing different is that I have now had the marriage visa extension for over a year and I now have a yellow book. Other than that, it will be another $144US non-refundable with the same shit on a different day.

For all you farangs that bitch and complain about the Thai government, you have no stinking idea how lucky you are. Try to deal with the government of the world's biggest corporate police state. I am so happy to be here with this government. If it wasn't for my promise to take my wife to see the US, I would never set foot back in that Orwellian quagmire.

i am empathetic with you all.... and there is yet another sad story along this line....

also around 2005, a wealthy thai lady of 42 yr of age applied for tourist visa to usa together with her two adolescents....

the interviewer told her everything looked good and to come back next wednesday to pick up their passports and visa....

the following wednesday at the same interviewing window.... another interviewer told the thai lady to just wait a minute.... she needed to make the final verification regarding her ownership of restaurants, resorts et al....

--------

the audio tape at one of her offices revealed the following conversation in thai:

hello, good morning. we are an american tour company based in bangkok. we like to tentatively book 20 rooms at your resort.... may i speak with the owner please?

THE OWNER IS NOT IN THE OFFICE RIGHT NOW, SORRY.

what is the name of the owner please?

HER NAME IS MADAM DAENG.

where is madam daeng please?

OH, MADAM IS NOW IN BANGKOK GETTING HER VISA TO GO TO AMERICA WITH HER AMERICAN FAN.

really, does madam daeng has an american fan already?

YES, HE IS BIG AND TALL.

oh, really. madam did not mention anything about her american husband. how do you know so much?

OH, I WORKED HERE IN THE MAIN OFFICE FOR MADAM FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW. I KNOW EVERYTHING.

do you know if ms. tape-ti-dar is available. may i speak with her please?

WHO?

ms. tape-ti-dar, the owner, madam daeng's older sister?

NO, SORRY. THERE IS NO MS. TAPE-TI-DAR HERE.

are you sure, madam has no sister by the name of tape-ti-dar?

I AM VERY SURE, I KNOW EVERYONE IN MADAM'S FAMILY. MADAM'S SISTER IS TUMLUNG.

who is going to take care of the resort, when madam is in america for 3 months?

I AM IN CHARGE, IF YOU NEED ANYTHING, YOU CAN CALL ME.

thank you very much for your information, you are very helpful. thank you very much.

-------

half an hour later, back to the same window.

madam daeng, we are very sorry that we are unable to issue you your tourist visa.

your disclosure that your sister's is tape-ti-dar.... is not true.

your statement that ms tape-ti-dar will be looking over your property is also false.

and you did not mention that you already have an american hasband....

the thai applicant was trying to explain.

the interview said sternly, this case is closed.

you may reapply fresh if you like. there is nothing more that i can do for you at the moment.

-----------------

she was trying to explain that tape-ti-dar is her older sister's legal thai name and that her older sister's thai nickname is p-tumlung.

and that she herself is not at all married yet....

------------------

her letter to the ambassador was not responded to. end of story.

they went on a global tour skipping u.s. of a.....

Sounds like you live here so your chances are very good.

If your girl can speak English that will also be of benefit

Remember USA is only concerned about one thing...WILL SHE RETURN TO THAILAND!

If they can be convinced of this there will be no problem what so ever.

I have been through this process more than once and I have never had a problem because I LIVE HERE!

Good luck pal. I cannot advise as I have not tried yet but will later this year with wife. She does not work but I have condos (2) and we live in one of them. I've lived in Thailand for 8 years. My wife has jitters that she will get refused. I just don't know. As for you, I don't know either but hoping for you. The last poster before me thinks you have a good chance so let's hope he's right.

Good luck pal. I cannot advise as I have not tried yet but will later this year with wife. She does not work but I have condos (2) and we live in one of them. I've lived in Thailand for 8 years. My wife has jitters that she will get refused. I just don't know. As for you, I don't know either but hoping for you. The last poster before me thinks you have a good chance so let's hope he's right.

As long as you are LEGALLY married your wife should not have any problems. You living in Thailand for 8 years is a big plus. My wife is a stay at home mom and got approved for 10 years on her first attempt. It helps that i live here and we have a son together.

Chok dee:jap:

... there are numerous others who would like to follow your footstep to see disney land (california) and disney world (florida)....

... or just tell the good folks on Wireless to take a hike and --

http://park.hongkong...e?name=HomePage

jazzbo

you know.... from the bottom of my heart....

disney in hongkong is surely in my opinion quite a far cry from disney in lax for some reason.... not to mention disney world for adults in florida....

now.... it is just one man opinion.... B)

well, i think i am quite bias toward lax and fla and six flags.... cause we have season passes.... ;)

I used to live within 5 miles of Disney World in Orlando -- I could see (but not hear) the fireworks every night across Lake Tibet... all I am saying is that if the folks on Wireless are just giving you and your significant other and the kids too much hassle, Walt Disney Inc. has other options for you --

Disney World in Florida (Reedy Creek Improvement District) is about 1/10th of the size of Hong Kong itself