A Little Cross Forum Interaction

villagefarang

Before focusing my efforts on my local CR Forum I used to dabble in other areas. Last year I started a topic titled Finished House Pictures. It recently struck me that no one from Chiang Rai has posted any pictures of their homes, except me perhaps. At this writing the page views are over 40000 so people are interested but the reply ratio is rather slim at 400+. Many would appreciate it if you would contribute a photo to this other ongoing Topic - Finished House Pictures.

• Like 1

VF, shame on you, you don't remember the pics I posted of my house & view around Jul/Aug last year? You said you recognised the mountains as being in CR? How about the little dig you had about my garden wall? At the time I thought it was quite rude to start a topic inviting people to post pics of their house and then make a negative comment about the pics that people posted but now I feel I understand your way with words a bit better and you didn't mean anything by it.

I do still drop by on that thread, it's very popular and really nice to have a nosey at other peoples houses. It's great to see the many different styles of houses that have been built here and the obvious differences in budgets.

VF, shame on you, you don't remember the pics I posted of my house & view around Jul/Aug last year? You said you recognised the mountains as being in CR? How about the little dig you had about my garden wall? At the time I thought it was quite rude to start a topic inviting people to post pics of their house and then make a negative comment about the pics that people posted but now I feel I understand your way with words a bit better and you didn't mean anything by it.

I do still drop by on that thread, it's very popular and really nice to have a nosey at other peoples houses. It's great to see the many different styles of houses that have been built here and the obvious differences in budgets.

My humble apologies, I guess my memory isn't what it used to be. I do remember now, though. Yes, I am so terribly misunderstood. Such is life, however, and we must soldier on. :)

Thanks to Scea and Rijb for posting shots of their picturesque CR homes, and perhaps there is an update in the offing, of the lovely Skyblue home. ;)

Edited by villagefarang

I'm just wading through that thread. Wow! Some stunning homes and, well, estates. This thread is going to take days to get through because I'm looking at every image.

Viilage Farang, thanks for linking to it here (and starting it!). I have never visited the Real Estaes forums. And btw, your home is beautiful. I really like the mixed style, I think it's mixed, of western and Thai. And I can relate to your lack of interest in climbing stairs all day long. I like the idea of a single level, although I might hide an escape room on the second floor should downstairs be too active for my tastes.

House almost finished. The Mrs. and I are moving in next week. Village of Tri Kaew in Tambon: Wiang Neua, Amphoe: Wiang Chai. Just across the street from Wat Prang Tri Kaew.

We've been living in an apartment in CR for the past 3 months and in Chiang Mai before that.

post-96000-055203600 1278757200_thumb.jp

House almost finished. The Mrs. and I are moving in next week. Village of Tri Kaew in Tambon: Wiang Neua, Amphoe: Wiang Chai. Just across the street from Wat Prang Tri Kaew.

We've been living in an apartment in CR for the past 3 months and in Chiang Mai before that.

I seem to remember a Prang Krai Kaew near that new bridge on the river road. Not sure if it is the same place. That looks like a good farming area out that way. I would really appreciate it if you posted your house picture on the other linked topic as well. It would be a nice addition to our collection. :)

Congratulations on the new house, I'm sure you are eager to move in. I assume you are inviting all of us to your housewarming party, as well. ;)

I'm just wading through that thread. Wow! Some stunning homes and, well, estates. This thread is going to take days to get through because I'm looking at every image.

Viilage Farang, thanks for linking to it here (and starting it!). I have never visited the Real Estaes forums. And btw, your home is beautiful. I really like the mixed style, I think it's mixed, of western and Thai. And I can relate to your lack of interest in climbing stairs all day long. I like the idea of a single level, although I might hide an escape room on the second floor should downstairs be too active for my tastes.

Thanks for your generous comments. :)

As for escape rooms, Cookie and I hideout in our air-conditioned cave with the TV and Computer. With large tinted sliding glass doors we can keep an eye on whats going on in the kitchen and living room, without being bothered. For some reason, all but my wife are afraid to enter our room. I don't know if it is me or Cookie. ;)

If you want to know more about my house, you could go back to the very beginning of my blog and read some of the early posts. I'm no longer writing about the house in the more recent posts.

I have just updated the Photo Gallery and Slideshow for the Finished House Picture topic. I wasn't able to reproduce every picture but I did manage over 140 images spread over two albums. Check the links in the last entry of the last page or click the link below for the first part of the slideshow.

Slideshow:

I didn't think I was all that rude. ;) Here is a reproduction of what we said to each other at the time.

I didn't think I was all that rude. ;) Here is a reproduction of what we said to each other at the time.

I didn't think you were 'that' rude, just a bit rude ;). But, like I said, I've read many more of your posts since then and understand that perhaps sometimes people, myself included, can take what you write the wrong way. At the time I contributed to your thread (with pictures of my (wife's) house/view that I was very proud of as I'd (she'd) spent a lot of time/$ designing it and having it built) I was a bit surprised to have a reply from the OP (your good self) which included, what I thought was, a negative comment about my wall.

I didn't think you were 'that' rude, just a bit rude ;). But, like I said, I've read many more of your posts since then and understand that perhaps sometimes people, myself included, can take what you write the wrong way. At the time I contributed to your thread (with pictures of my (wife's) house/view that I was very proud of as I'd (she'd) spent a lot of time/$ designing it and having it built) I was a bit surprised to have a reply from the OP (your good self) which included, what I thought was, a negative comment about my wall.

I never said anything disparaging about 'your wall', I just said that I have a thing about walls in general. I refuse to live behind them, but that is just me, and I appear to be in the minority as usual. Please let your wall know I'm sorry if I hurt its feelings. ;)

I suppose not having a wall would meet some peoples Ideal of being free or something.

My Wall doesn't keep out all the unwanted stray Dogs, and various farm machinery thats come through it on occasion but it does help. :whistling:

I rather suspect VF would maybe consider a wall if he wasn't effectively living on a raised Island in the middle of a ricefield, with an occasional moat. :lol: . But I rather suspect he's going to disagree with me on this also. :lol:

There's a thread somewhere started recently about Garden walls, lets see if we can get over 40,000 views B)

by the way, Did you ever get to put a Gate on those gate posts across the access Road VF ?

I suppose not having a wall would meet some peoples Ideal of being free or something.

My Wall doesn't keep out all the unwanted stray Dogs, and various farm machinery thats come through it on occasion but it does help. :whistling:

I rather suspect VF would maybe consider a wall if he wasn't effectively living on a raised Island in the middle of a ricefield, with an occasional moat. :lol: . But I rather suspect he's going to disagree with me on this also. :lol:

There's a thread somewhere started recently about Garden walls, lets see if we can get over 40,000 views B)

by the way, Did you ever get to put a Gate on those gate posts across the access Road VF ?

Yes, but we seldom close it. It does makes the wife feel better, though, and than can't be all bad. We have also added a Thai kitchen since you were last here. Are you making disparaging remarks about my 41591 page view topic? :o I'm feeling very slighted. ;)

I have just updated the Photo Gallery and Slideshow for the Finished House Picture topic. I wasn't able to reproduce every picture but I did manage over 140 images spread over two albums. Check the links in the last entry of the last page or click the link below for the first part of the slideshow.

Slideshow:

Thanks for doing that. I have looked at the thread a few times before but the slideshow is a nice way to skip through the images.

Cheers,

Biff

Disparaging , I guess so B)

Wiki has something interesting to add :-

The candidate made disparaging remarks about his opponent, but they only made him seem small for insulting a worthy adversary.

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself Jubby. ;)

Slideshow:

Thanks for doing that. I have looked at the thread a few times before but the slideshow is a nice way to skip through the images.

Cheers,

Biff

Haven't you heard Biff, all that work I did is entirely for my own benefit and to win me brownie points. ;) You're not supposed to appreciate the slideshow, you are supposed to appreciate me. :D

Slideshow:

Cheers,

Biff

Haven't you heard Biff, all that work I did is entirely for my own benefit and to win me brownie points. ;) You're not supposed to appreciate the slideshow, you are supposed to appreciate me. :D

:lol: yes I did see that, hence my post :) and. as we speak, my entire family in Chiang Saen is on their way to the VF shrine we've had constructed in your honour, I hope our humble offerings, in some small way, allow the magnificence of your good works to reflect upon us all post-86914-059125200 1278855951_thumb.jp

Slideshow:

Cheers,

Biff

:lol: yes I did see that, hence my post :) and. as we speak, my entire family in Chiang Saen is on their way to the VF shrine we've had constructed in your honour, I hope our humble offerings, in some small way, allow the magnificence of your good works to reflect upon us all post-86914-059125200 1278855951_thumb.jp

I like it. :clap2::clap2::thumbsup:

and in good northern tradition some other people came.

t10_22904591.jpg

:lol: nice :)

In all seriousness though, most of the folk in Ban Sob Kham couldn't give a stuff about red-shirt, yellow shirt or any other shirt really. They just want to have enough food to eat and keep their families together so they can take care of each other. During the recent troubles they were more concerned with happenings at the local tobacco 'factory' who's boss had been heavily 'taxed' by Laos customs officials, meaning that no-one could get paid for their most recent crop. The immediate family were severely embarrassed that the 5,000 baht I'd sent them to put a concrete slab around the ground floor of the house had been spent on food!

=====

I like it. :clap2::clap2::thumbsup:

:cheesy::cheesy: That was pretty funny Biff. -- no slight intended to VF. ;)