The Lizards Are Eating My Food

PhotoJohn

Jeez... More nice photos Ian. Is there anything that you don't have photos of?

I think we should start a "Challenge Ian to have a photo" thread...

I'll start. Do you have a photo of yourself plus two Thai girls, one Thai guy and an earwig? :D

Edited, because the last photo hadn't loaded when I wrote the above. Come on Ian - that's plain nasty - peeled crocodile. Urgh!

Edited by JimShortz

Yep, that would be Kuranda ChouDoufu. Nice place. No leeches to my knowledge, but the midges are a problem nipping from about January to March.

I'm looking at buying a couple of teak houses from Thai Lanna and shiping them to Kuranda and setting up there for a few months each year. That rainforest is quite a place to live.

I forgot the monitors (goannas), big ones, IanForbes. Just another critter in the forest.

Atherton Table Lands nice!Love the sky ride..

Used to live on Clifton beach behind the foreshore "jungle"..we sometimes had crabs crawl in the kitchen at high tides ..always afraid I might see a saltwater crock in the pool one morning...lol

That teak house idea sounds nice! Me,I always wanted to build a sprawling "Queenslander" in Thailand...maybe one day. B)

Geckos prefer insects but if they are not available they look for alternative.One of their favourite places is toasters ,bread crumbs are pretty popular .Suggest before you toast,especialy early morning, turn the toaster upside down and shake it. The gecko will sure appreciate it too.

Meant to post on this way back when. it's totally true. Totally happens. Used to argue with Thai girlfriend when I insisted she not immediately wash my cup of whatever I'd been drinking and even leave it out at night. She would come home from the night market (Warorot) and tell me she'd seen jingjoks in my cups a couple times. I never believed and would make jokes, drinking from my day-old cup with a super gleeful, happy face right in front of her and she would laugh at me. Then she started waking me up to see the evidence. A couple times I even caught one in the bottom of a Splash (orange drink!) bottle.

And food ? Yep. They're omnivores. I've seen one biting at some sliced grilled pork chops I left on a counter for an hour or so and walked away from. Also seen them nip at pad woonsen, and papaya.

Funny... I remember catching anoles in Florida when I was a kid on vacation and feeding them mashed potatoes and thinking how weird that was looking back. It now makes a whole lot more sense.

True stories. All !

I love 'em.

Other than the minor bother of the tiny poop pellets they leave on walls, etc. they are doing me a tremendous service.

Eating mosquitos, flies, moths and other pests.

I've stepped on one or 2 by accident...was sad rest of the day.:unsure:

I probably have half a dozen living in my small apt now. From tail-less little tykes to a couple of Big Dogs.

Keep plates and glasses upside down in the kitchen, however...:D