Rehab Costs In Thailand

jayinoz

I came across a Christian Rehab & Chronic illness centre. Not sure if they would take those withdrawing from any substance, I know they take the elderly and Post Op recovery plus the chronically ill. I was amazed to here the price at only 21000bt per month. As that would be the equivalent to one night in an Aussie Rehab.

This centre was in CMai Thailand and appeared to have some good referrals- I recall the name as McKean centre I think.

Anyone know any other good value places anywhere else in Thailand. Please supply contact details and cost where possible.

Thailand is a good place to recover from anything that ails you I think- great service in general. Of course some places will be far better than others.

For something costing only 21K bt pm I suspect the qualified doctors would be limited. Or it is a base figure and extra services will be an extra cost.

:jap:

It is basically an assisted living/nursing home, not so much in the way of rehab and not I think set up for drug or alcohol rehab at all.

In terms of actual rehab, such as after a stroke or spinal cord injury, not an area where Thailand has much to offer. Custodial care yes, an ambitious program of rehab with teams of speech, physical, occupational therapists - no. We just went through this with one of out own Moderators and upshot was he had to return home to get what he needed. But for just restimg up and recuperating after an illness, or maintainence care for someone with say ALzheimers, McKean I think is fine.

There are a number of hospitals in Thailand that can handle the physical aspects of drug and/or alcohol withdrawal but of course that is not the same as rehab. For rehab, there is a well known Monastery (rigorous program, but free of charge) which many foreigners come to and a couple of private facilities, Channah and the Cabin (both TV sponsors, see ads at top of this forum) coming to mind. Both are fairly upscale. A less costly option is the Recovery House in Cebu, Philippines. Worked wonders for my nephew and even counting airfare was incredibly reasonable in price. It's a residential 12 step program.

See also this thread

It is basically an assisted living/nursing home, not so much in the way of rehab and not I think set up for drug or alcohol rehab at all.

In terms of actual rehab, such as after a stroke or spinal cord injury, not an area where Thailand has much to offer. Custodial care yes, an ambitious program of rehab with teams of speech, physical, occupational therapists - no. We just went through this with one of out own Moderators and upshot was he had to return home to get what he needed. But for just restimg up and recuperating after an illness, or maintainence care for someone with say ALzheimers, McKean I think is fine.

There are a number of hospitals in Thailand that can handle the physical aspects of drug and/or alcohol withdrawal but of course that is not the same as rehab. For rehab, there is a well known Monastery (rigorous program, but free of charge) which many foreigners come to and a couple of private facilities, Channah and the Cabin (both TV sponsors, see ads at top of this forum) coming to mind. Both are fairly upscale. A less costly option is the Recovery House in Cebu, Philippines. Worked wonders for my nephew and even counting airfare was incredibly reasonable in price. It's a residential 12 step program.

See also this thread http://www.thaivisa....rs-in-thailand/

Thanks Sheryl, some good info... Why is Monastery FREE- must be a donation based service. Recovery house seems good- I thought the 12 step program was for alcohol only- what if withdrawing from prescription drugs- pain killers and valium. Are all the programs cold turkey, as no doctor recommends I go cold turkey due to having tried several times before. Having just viewed McKean on the internet it does not seem to be a viable option for those withdrawing from anything. i would have preferred CMai as I live there over 50% of the time and comfortable there. Sometimes it maybe best to simply goto another place, so I will not bail so easily. When miss a loved one, etc. :jap:

Yes, Wat Tham Krabok

12 step programs are for drug addiction as well as alcohol. When my nephew was there, most of the clients at Recovety House were getting off drugs, just a few, alcohol.

If you are physically dependent on drugs it would be a good idea to get off them under medical supervision, the thread referenced before lists many resources for that. Or look at the websites of thew major hospitals for a psychiatrist with special interest in addiciton.

Once off -- or down to a minimal dosage -- a residential 12 step program would do fine.

Don't make the mistake of confusing detox with rehab. They're different. Many people do the first without the second and that inevitably means that they relapse. The physiological addiction is just one facet of a multi-facteted problem, and the easiest one to deal with at that.