Guiding Visiting Friend Around

Drew345

I have been in Pattaya (Pratumnak Hill) for about 2 weeks and getting to know my way around pretty well. I have been to Pattaya many times before and always stayed pretty much in Pattaya between beach road and second road, and I never really had a good time. Now I almost never go to that area, and I am really liking it here. OK.

But I have a friend coming next month and he is staying for only 48 hours. He wants to see the handsome young thin Thai men. I am thinking of the places to take him; Boyztown, Jomtian gay beach, Sauna, Suni Plaza... and I realize what a crappy time that would end up being if all I did was take him to the gay zones.

Can you recommend another nice place to see in Pattaya or Jomtien. Preferably out of the Pattaya battlefield, not even a gay zone, but with handsome young Thai men around.

I already thought of going up big Buddha hill for the view (then watching the hot guys playing volleyball in the park just below the hill).

I hate to use the cliche "real Thailand", since everything in Thailand is "real Thailand". But markets, viewpoints, more traditional things would be great to know about.

Where have you taken your guests when they come visit a couple of days.

Thanks, Drew

My take on this is: If you don't show him Boyz Town, he will not have seen the most famous gay attraction in Pattaya. What am I saying: In Thailand. So, a few beers in the evening, including BBB and Panorama, is a must. It doesn't mean that he has to take advantage of the services, but he must have seen it, otherwise he hasn't been to Pattaya.

As for tourist attractions, Mueng Jamlong is still my favourite. Closely followed by Buddha Mountain.

Dinner at the far end of Jomtien Beach, seafood restaurant by the name of Uncle something... Thai people will know it.

There is also a restaurant on a beach, I think it is in or near Ban Amphur, pretty cool. The tables and chairs are gradually lowering into the sand while you dine...

The Pattaya forum might have more ideas.

Where or what is "Mueng Jamlong"?

English name is "Mini Siam". Look here:

http://www.1stoppattaya.com/what_to_do/guide/

Mini Siam (387 Moo6, Sukhumvit Rd, Pattaya City, Naklua, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150) – a 1:25 scale collection of both Thailand, and the world’s most renowned monuments. Come along and have yourself pictured in front of the Statue of Liberty.

• 2 weeks later...

Where or what is "Mueng Jamlong"?

English name is "Mini Siam".

That is also its Thai name!

No, the Thai name is "Mueng Jamlong". While Mueng can be translated as "city" or "country" (for example), "jamlong" is a model in the sense of a copy, albeit admittedly usually in smaller scale.

My point: The English name is not a translation of the Thai name. We can continue this on the Thai Language forum, if you like.