Paedophilic Internet Cafe Scam Investigated In Pattaya

Rimmer

What a horrible story. I hope it turns out to be false.

Charities (NGOs), perhaps like the Women and Children's crisis center, or whatever it is called, are mostly scams. They exist to bring cash to their organisers and generally keep weepy middle class liberals employed. They have to invent, or dramatise, stories in order to keep their funds rolling in. Men can't defend themselves against this sort of allegation, so they are easy targets.

I would perfer that the whole thing turned out to be a set up, rather than this story at face value. It seems very unlikely that this "ring" could run successfully for any time. People jabber, after all. Kids love to talk, and don't keep confidences that their friends have emparted.

Stand by to receive incoming...............

"..... are mostly scams". What in-depth research has led you to that conclusion?

It`s well known that South East Asia is a haven for foreign sexual perverts and their actions reflects on all of us in the eyes of the Thais.

It also helps to divert attention away from the far more pervasive local population where one notable segment believes that having sex with youngsters has a life prolonging medicinal value.

Many NGOs are indeed not pure (anyone paying attention knows that) but that doesn't necessarily mean that these mafia type activities aren't happening at some local cafes. As far as the Pattaya bashing, give it a rest. Pattaya exists. Deal with it. If you don't like it or think that it is all evil, stay away!

This gaming addiction is a nasty thing for kids and luckily we have an extra pc at home for my kids so they don't have to use public gaming [toilets].....but the downside is that my 13 yr old boy is totally hooked. I do have a rule that he has to crack a book that I bought him on computers and their main use, but hard to enforce it. The boy was in tears yesterday when I insisted that he read at least a half hr before gaming. This was after he spent 8 hrs saturday playing games. I can see where some kids would do anything for their 'gaming fix'.

It's just a TAT fantasy that it's a family resort, 90% if not more is prostitution

It is more like 90% seashore, restaurants, shopping centers, book stores and normal businesses. Only a delusional, modern day Puritan could think otherwise.

I visit Pattaya often and do not bother with the nightlife a great deal. There are plenty of other happy visitors that do the same.

It's just a TAT fantasy that it's a family resort, 90% if not more is prostitution

It is more like 90% seashore, restaurants, shopping centers, book stores and normal businesses. Only a delusional, modern day Puritan could think otherwise.

I visit Pattaya often and do not bother with the nightlife a great deal. There are plenty of other happy visitors that do the same.

I'm with you Ulysses; I enjoy going to Pattya for all the other cool stuff that is there. blink.gif

This gaming addiction is a nasty thing for kids and luckily we have an extra pc at home for my kids so they don't have to use public gaming [toilets].....but the downside is that my 13 yr old boy is totally hooked. I do have a rule that he has to crack a book that I bought him on computers and their main use, but hard to enforce it. The boy was in tears yesterday when I insisted that he read at least a half hr before gaming. This was after he spent 8 hrs saturday playing games. I can see where some kids would do anything for their 'gaming fix'.

Yes, sadly, it's like a repetitive stress injury to the brain.

No surprise this happened in Pattaya.

I can't understand why expats want to live there.

Unless you're there for business, there is a certain breed that lives in Pattaya.

Yes, we are all perverted dirty men and do not even compare to blue blood intellectuals who live in Bangkok or Phuket, and definitely do not match up to those living in villages up country

I intended to delete one post that included profanity and an inflammatory comment but had to delete five as people insisted on quoting it. We don't have time to take a scalpel to every post so if something seems dodgy, please don't quote it.