Extending Non B

I came here on Non B and worked for 2 months with WP.. Now I lost that job since project is over and I got a new job with another company... My prev employer has taken back my WP... How should I go about now? My Non B expires on July 27th... Is it possible to extend Non B for 7 days or so???

Thanks to all replies in advance...

:o

Is it a multiple-entry or a single-entry non immigrant B visa? If it's a multiple-entry, you can just do a border run before July 27 and get a new 90 day stamp. If it's a single-entry visa, you need to get yourself down to Immigration sharpish for an extension: your existing visa will be technically cancelled 7 days after your work permit was handed back and cancelled and thereafter you'll be liable to an overstay fine of 200 baht a day (backdated).

Is it a multiple-entry or a single-entry non immigrant B visa?  If it's a multiple-entry, you can just do a border run before July 27 and get a new 90 day stamp.  If it's a single-entry visa, you need to get yourself down to Immigration sharpish for an extension: your existing visa will be technically cancelled 7 days after your work permit was handed back and cancelled and thereafter you'll be liable to an overstay fine of 200 baht a day (backdated).

OMG.. :o means i hv do a visa run now??? I hv a single entry non B stamped on Aprl 27 and valid till July 27th.... My prev employer took back my WP also... I thought I could stay back till my visa is valid. 7 days means I got 7 days left from now... Thanks for the info guys...lemme talk to my employer now...

^ Unfortunately the non-imm B does expire 7 days after the wp is cancelled if it's a single-entry one. I've had the overstay fine and the stamp (when I went to immigration 2 days too late) to prove it :-(

What paully reports is not generally true. ONLY an EXTENDED entry permit that was based on employment is subject to cancellation, if employment ends.

A 90 day entry permit issued against a Class B visa is not affected by employment status. It authorizes you 90 day entry - no matter what. You can have a work permit, or not - no impact on Immigtaions Status.

A 90 day Class B entry permit can normally be extended - once for 14 days, and a second time for 7 days - the Immigration fee for each extension is 1,900 baht - and you do not need to be employed.

Concerning the VISA - a single entry visa is cancelled and dead, the moment you enter Thailand. Nothing can extend a visa - it is only ENTRY PERMITS that can be extended.

If you want assistance preparing and processing an entry permit extension application, my staff can help you.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

^ Sorry, Steve, you're right - loose terminology on my part. It's the extension of stay after the 90 day entry permit on a non-immigrant B visa which is cancelled when you leave your job.

You should be okay to go to your new job, Dr Strangelove, as you're still within the 90 day entry permit period. But, if you want to remain here after July 27 in this new job, you'll have to apply for an extension of stay at Immigration. Apologies for any confusion.

Edited by paully

A 90 day Class B entry permit can normally be extended - once for 14 days, and a second time for 7 days - the Immigration fee for each extension is 1,900 baht - and you do not need to be employed.

Hi Steve!

What abot a non immigration O then?

I used to have a non imm. ed. (education). This was before the extension fee was raised to 1900, and I payed just 500 baht and I got a 30 days (possibly 29 days) extension (30 days right away, not 2 + 1 + 1 weeks).

So if I'm here on a non imm. O visa, will I be treated differently to a holder of a non imm. B visa (i.e. will I be given 30 days instead of 14)?

I have had my O visa for a long time now, but I have always made a visa run when it (the entry permit, that is) expires. This time I would like to make an extension, but only if I will get 30 days. I find it quite expensive, but really, to get just 14 days isn't worth it.

(I'm on the last entry permit now, next time I will have to go to Penang to apply for a new visa. I just want to postpone that trip.)

My non imm. ed. visa was a 1-year visa, multiple entries. So is my present visa.

Regards,

Mike

If Steve for some reason cannot answer (don't know the answer?), maybe there is someone else who knows how many days/weeks you will get when you extend a non imm. O visa? Is it two weeks or is it four?

A friend of mine said it is four weeks, even for the non imm. B visa. (I have a long way to travel to the nearest immigration office, that's why I'm trying to get an answer here.)

Regards,

Mike

I received 30 Days extension of Non-B Visa (No Workpermit) this February in Pattaya. Originally got 14 Days, then extended to 30 Days. Total fee was 1900 Bt.

It helped that I could show them a Plane ticket out of Bangkok for departure 3 Days before End of 30 Day period.

Sunny

What paully reports is not generally true.  ONLY an EXTENDED entry permit that was based on employment is subject to cancellation, if employment ends.

A 90 day entry permit issued against a Class B visa is not affected by employment status.  It authorizes you 90 day entry - no matter what.  You can have a work permit, or not - no impact on Immigtaions Status.

Concerning the VISA - a single entry visa is cancelled and dead, the moment you enter Thailand.  Nothing can extend a visa - it is only ENTRY PERMITS that can be extended.

If you want assistance preparing and processing an entry permit extension application, my staff can help you.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

Can I just say this, it has now become a natural habit of mine to simply scroll down to Siam Steves reply as its only ever his comments that are factual (oh and Lopburi3 of course) ! Guys please, if you dont know the answer then dont comment, you are only confusing the matter for the original poster ! Its all when & good offering the helping hand but please leave it to the guys who know what they are talking about.

Steve, I have a question for you if you would be so kind to help in clearing up. I am about to apply for a WP for which I already have a 12 month multiple entry Non B visa, only thing is the Visa was applied with the paperwork from a previous company. In one ear im being told that I need to obtain another B visa, in the other ear im being told I can still apply for a work permit with a different company, could you clarify this for me ?

Thanks for your help and please everyone, only a reply from Steve (Lopburi3 permitting) !

PS - Do you have an office in Phuket ?

I received 30 Days extension of Non-B Visa (No Workpermit) this February in Pattaya. Originally got 14 Days, then extended to 30 Days. Total fee was 1900 Bt.

It helped that I could show them a Plane ticket out of Bangkok for departure 3 Days before End of 30 Day period.

Sunny

Thanks Sunny Valentine for that answer!

I would say that Pattaya is an exception regarding matters like extension... Actually I was at the Pattaya immigration office when I extended my student non immigrant visa, and I got 30 days. Always nice to take a break from Bangkok once in a while. (I got 30 days right away, not split into 15 days each or whatever. But I know they used to do that in former time, and it seems that they have started to do it again.)

Lopburi3 is therefore maybe not wrong, but he is talking about the Bangkok immigration office I suppose.

I will give it a try (Pattaya office) and I will later on post my experiences in this thread. But you folks will have to wait for that, I plan to do an extension no earlier than in the beginning of August.

I also heard that the Pattaya immigration is now open on Saturdays, until noon.

Regards,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Pattaya immigration today, Saturday morning.

I was told that the earliest date I can come and extend my visa is one week before it expires. I will get three weeks in total, first two weeks and after that one week. My visa is a 1-year non imm. O, multiple entries.

Total cost will be, as stated by Sunny Valentine before, 1900 Baht.

I asked them if I could get four weeks, they said no.

(Anyone knows whatever happened to the thread "Poipet Visa Trip Nightmare"?)

Regards,

Mike

Sunny Valentine

That's what they told me, too. But then I showede them a plane ticket, and they agreed on 30 Days (this happened after the first 15 Days!)

Sunny

I was at Pattaya immigration today, Saturday morning.

I was told that the earliest date I can come and extend my visa is one week before it expires. I will get three weeks in total, first two weeks and after that one week. My visa is a 1-year non imm. O, multiple entries.

Total cost will be, as stated by Sunny Valentine before, 1900 Baht.

I asked them if I could get four weeks, they said no.

Regards,

Mike

Sunny Valentine