Thai Colleges Get A Dressing Down Over Short Skirts

webfact

<BR>How about the focus on education for a while and actually teach them something for a change. Don't worry about their clothes

My sentiments exactly! ;)

Edited by djayz

Surely its time to get tough with these students.

Cant they introduce public stonings for girls having their skirts not down to their knees?

Its good enough for Iran.

Dont be so bloody ridiculous, for a first offence like this it should be "beheading" only if they re offend should stoning be considered................ now that would be a Thai way of thinking :lol::lol::lol:

<P>My suggestions:<BR><BR>Body weight below 45 kg = skirt 20 cm<BR>45 - 55 kg = skirt 40 cm<BR>above: BURKA<BR><BR>However: it makes sense to combine skirt issues with an obligatory wearing of under-wear. In extremely tempting cases perhaps reinforced with leather and a padlock?<BR><BR>I will volonteer as safety post, then to help keeping up the high level of moral and well-behaviour in Thailand.<BR><BR>BTW: I wasn't aware that it's April 1st again</P>

I do think they have a point......... so i have taken the time out to research this subject with vigour.
i have found some offending photos already.
If i find anymore i will seek further opinion from the members.
hmmmm now where shall i look now....

I can not help but say that this is great that finally Thailand is doing crack downs after crack down, following the crackdown.but i am just wondering when will they start USEFUL crackdowns, rather then totally pointless and useless crackdowns?

What difference could the skirt possibly make?

Seems to me like you're calling for a government crackdown on crackdowns...I can see the headline now. laugh.gif

I do think they have a point......... so i have taken the time out to research this subject with vigour.

Please people - it is time to provide many and varied examples of the offending clothes. so that we might help Thai authorities in their efforts to ban said dress.

good grief! We don't see that very often up country.

if I was in their lecture group, I wouldn't be thinking much about studying...

Your careful research has been an eye-opener:o

Are these dress rules written by fat, unattractive women who want equal opportunities?

Thailand needs an "Education Revolution" today! The Thai Government should place emphasis on education in Thailand and make it it's top priority. I see today in the Singapore Straits Times that China is making English a must to learn in there education system.

Thailand must do the same going forward.

Are these dress rules written by fat, unattractive women who want equal opportunities?

The argument about short skirt potentially contributing to sex crimes is a fallacy.

Any victim in a short skirt can run faster than the offender with pants down. Sic.

Now, see, the first thing that I think of when I look at these 2 photos is higher education. ... Is it just me? ;-)

my last year of high school(72) girl's fashion was micro shorts and see-through blouses (=transparent nylon); the girls in my class went to good positions , most revealing girls landing jobs in ministeries , high public officers, no wonder when I think of their legs.

The grown ups have just inflicted an awfully distressing period of mayhem that must have been a nightmare for kids, they'd better let the young be a bit and adopt a low profile and mind their own business , that is setting the country back on tracks .

Edited by souvenirdeparis

Funny enough in the north they are a lot longer than in Bangkok, usually below the knees.

Which north would that be? I work at Chiang Mai University and just the other day was appalled at how short the skirts were. I managed to appall myself several more times. :D

• Like 1

Do these puritan bureaucrats never get complaints from any real people that live in the 21st century? People who complain about crooked school administrators demanding tea money. Complaints about teachers not showing up? Or are they only listening to morons who are hundred years old are very conservative (Except when they visit a brothel, abuse the maid and the gardener of course). the same people that complain here have very little to do. They interfere in the personal lives of young people. get real and get a life puritans.

A few comments point towards improving education and that the skirt thing isnt something to consider. However, its a pretty delicate age where girls form opinions about themselves, their self-worth, their identities...and how boys view them. Having clothes tighter, shorter, promoting skinniness, wearing a lot of padding in bras so that the shirt strains at the buttons, isnt that giving the message that in order to be perceived as desirable they have to fit a mold and reveal a lot of skin? A lot of the girls are skipping meals, taking diet pills, etc. How is any of that conducive to learning? Shouldnt the uniform be standardized and neat but not too sexy? The focus on a females self worth should be on her studies, not how sexy she looks to the opposite sex.

"Releasing these stupid stories year after year serves nothing but to show how utterly ineffectual Thai authorities/ministries are at enforcing rules, regs and laws. They can't even get schoolgirls to wear the correct uniform, what hope a rampaging mob?"

Good question - What is the correct uniform for a rampaging mob I wonder? Presumably a red shirt is de rigeur, as is catapult in belt, foot flapper on head as sun protector and a rocket launcher down your trousers. But what about skirt length for the women - how short should they be? From what I saw down Ratchaprasong, they couldn't be too long. No legs worth seeing amongst that middle-aged mob of broilers. Hope the govt enforces strict dress codes for the Reds, should they ever be seen on the streets of Thailand again (although hopefully they'll bring a bit more common sense and independence of thinking next time). :rolleyes:

As for the matter in hand, it must be mid-year blues in the Min of Culture and the moral police need to get out to the boonies with hidden cameras and tape measures, to get to the bottom of the short skirt scandal, before cracking down on the problem with their customary efficiency. :whistling:

This is the usual response to women who show concern about how young women develop. I realise its likely hard for men to understand how delicate teenage years are in a womans life, and how that can impact her life in subsequent years. Its concern for how a woman will perceive and value herself. Not something a lot of men have empathy or understanding of.

so many posts for such a topic ... okay I contribute as well. But clearly I don't catch the issue. Students go school to study, not to show off, and will also learn dress code is something important when they will start their adult life. What would you think if they dress like that coming to office? I would enjoy that but will also notice it will disturb both other men getting distracted & women gossiping about her (even if they don't need that to start any gossip). Then, they can dress as they want during their private times outdoor or indoor.

Is it just pure coincidence that this story breaks at exactly the same time as the one on unwanted teenage pregnancies? Of course, let's blame it all on short skirts, then we can deny that the lack of sex education has anything to do with it...

These girls clearly do not need "sex education"

I do not see the problem B) Personally I like these short skirts, the shorter the sexier :whistling:

To understand the "problem" better I need more examples! Keep the pics coming:rolleyes:

agreed almost to the entire post :D

the only difference is that, in my opinion, TOO short skirts are less sexy (coz maybe reveal too much and this is more of erotism than of feminine beauty)

as such, there's some "perfect length".... hm maybe same as on the original photo, or a bit less ;)