Very Fast Ferry / Air Fare.

I thought it takes at least 70-75 Minutes..... across, plus get to the pier, queue, embarking, disembarking, walk down to the transfer bus, another 45 - 60 Minutes to Surat, add this from Surat to PumPin/Airport, add 1 hour prior to lift off/departure time, that sets one off at least 5 hrs. on hour flight time to bkk and it will be a 6 hrs. trip minimum.

If one wants/needs to save time, nothing beats the (expensive) Bangkok Airways flight!

But any discussion about their pricing is futile...their business and business on Samui would greatly improve in general, if they would fly for the same airfare as the Surat flights cost!

This Monopoly proves o be a great disadvantage for everyone involved in the Tourism Industry here on Samui.

I heard it was going to happen. Seen the headlines in the Samui express, but can't find it on line. Had a quick glance, starts this month.

As I said, combined ferry " fast",bus & airfare " Nok Air "1,800.

The ferry is not a car ferry, hence the quicker time.

I heard it was going to happen. Seen the headlines in the Samui express, but can't find it on line. Had a quick glance, starts this month.

Thanks for clarification, this sounds like a nice deal, "they"

got the message and are trying to cut down on "down time"...

I find the transfer time a big downside ... then prefere to go by sleeper train,

th "old fashioned" way, lady love's the overnight ride, waking up in the wee hours and in Bangkok for breakfast ...

Edited by Samuian

Is that going from Maenam?

Where can you buy the tickets, What time does it go??

Questions, questions.....

Boats will leave from Nathon, 2 times per day; Price for the boat only should be around 300 THB apparently. They will provide as well bus services to Phuket/ Hat Yai/ Nakhorn/......

i never understood the Samui Express way of Business, why when they do the print version, can they not upload online the stories straight away?

Boats will leave from Nathon, 2 times per day; Price for the boat only should be around 300 THB apparently. They will provide as well bus services to Phuket/ Hat Yai/ Nakhorn/......

Nice.... I wonder if they do the return journey too, Bkk, Surat, Nathon

late, vomiting cat passengers.

i am sorry, this is not a "viable" alternative at all. factor in transfer times and rough weather and it is just a miserable way to spend your day.

Hope the Lomprayeh CAT operates to a more reliable schedule these days.It would be interesting to know

how long NOK would consider delaying a departure, in order to collect late CAT passengers.

Why should NOK Air wait for some passengers from a late ferry?

Thats the ferrys and passengers problem-otherwise "No Show"

Hope the Lomprayeh CAT operates to a more reliable schedule these days.It would be interesting to know

how long NOK would consider delaying a departure, in order to collect late CAT passengers.

Why should NOK Air wait for some passengers from a late ferry?

Thats the ferrys and passengers problem-otherwise "No Show"

Well, lets say for eg. that 50% of your pax are on the ferry which happens to be running late

and you must meet the schedule, your revenue is going to be shot and you are going to have a

lot of disgruntled passengers hanging around the airport. Many who will miss their onward connections.

So no, its everyone's problem and the main point is that if the CAT can't keep to the schedule the whole thing will not work.

It's a good idea but will only be as good as the weakest link in the whole chain.

according to Samui Express article , 45 minute journey to Donsak from Nathon , Samui leaving at 8am & 1pm (13.00)

Nok Air flights leave Surat Thani 08.40am & 08.30pm (20.40)

Cant make the first flight , 5 hours waiting in airport for later flight.

AirAsia flights leave 08.45am & 3.40pm (15.40)

Can't make the first flight , to make second flight have to get 8.00am boat , 13.00 boat / transfer arrives well after final check-in ,

once again 5 hours in the airport..

OH WELL , BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD

let's be honest - who gives a <deleted>? samui is dead, and bangkok airways has alot to do with it.

bangkok airways wants to shaft everyone left, right and centre to the point where people are going to all lengths to save money getting to samui. but there comes a time when enough is enough. if cheaper direct flights are not in the pipeline then I really fear for the sustainability of koh samui.

<deleted> 'em I say - I was a returning visitor to samui for many years but with alternatives like phuket easily accesible at a fraction of the price, I cannot be ar5ed pricking about with samui anymore.

bkk air want (iirc) 3380THB one way for the very cheapest fare and up to 5000THB+.....

and the locals and expats wonder why the place is so dead......

I used to defend Bangkok Air, but having just spent 9400 baht return Samui - Bangkok it is over £200, a little bit too much, much be some serious inefficiency with the airline charging such prices but still making a loss.

No mention of a 1800 baht package in the Samui Express or on Nok Air website, and as someone pointed out the connection dont fit, what was the source for this???

Edited by mattcodes

I used to defend Bangkok Air, but having just spent 9400 baht return Samui - Bangkok it is over £200, a little bit too much, much be some serious inefficiency with the airline charging such prices but still making a loss.

No mention of a 1800 baht package in the Samui Express or on Nok Air website, and as someone pointed out the connection dont fit, what was the source for this???

I recently spent 11k Baht flying biz class with Bangkok Airways....a reasonable deal for the seat.....but they should really offer a discount for Samui residents even if its only available outside of peak season. Economy prices are an absolute rip off.

.....but they should really offer a discount for Samui residents

I thought they did? But only when bought in their office, and for the highest priced ticket?:(

Not exactly convenient, or economical, which is why I have never bothered.

On the boat Lomprayah advertises with Samui - Don Sak - Nakhon Si Thammarat - Bangkok.

...didn't see Suratthani mentioned anywhere

Just checked out the NOK AIR website and they have a Koh Samui (Nathon pier) to Bangkok (Don Muang) package via Nakhon Si Thammarat.

Leave on the 13.00 boat from Samui , flight leaves NST @ 15.55 arrives Bangkok 17.05

For Bangkok , flight leaves Bangkok 06.00 arrives NST @ 07.10 , Donsak boat leaves 10.00 arrives Nathon pier 10.40

No mention of bus transfer but assume it is included.

Currently running a special promotion price of 990 baht each way.

GREAT VALUE .

On the boat Lomprayah advertises with Samui - Don Sak - Nakhon Si Thammarat - Bangkok.

...didn't see Suratthani mentioned anywhere

Just checked out the NOK AIR website and they have a Koh Samui (Nathon pier) to Bangkok (Don Muang) package via Nakhon Si Thammarat.

Leave on the 13.00 boat from Samui , flight leaves NST @ 15.55 arrives Bangkok 17.05

For Bangkok , flight leaves Bangkok 06.00 arrives NST @ 07.10 , Donsak boat leaves 10.00 arrives Nathon pier 10.40

No mention of bus transfer but assume it is included.

Currently running a special promotion price of 990 baht each way.

GREAT VALUE .

No kidding that's an excellent price hope it continues. :)