Very Fast Ferry / Air Fare.

Quicker to get most places from Don Muang and no hassle from taxi touts, real taxi meter desk right outside the exit. Easy. For international flights probably best flying BKK Air, too many factors at play that could cause you to miss a connecting flight, however travel to Bangkok the night before. 1000 for hotel, 2x300 taxis, and 1800 beer and food, still cheaper than BKK Air and a relatively small night out in Bangkok too.. (or budget style - save some money 2x150 bus, 500 hotel, a couple hundred beers - about 2200-2500 all in). As long as you dont travel on Thursday morning - sweaty yuppies from full moon party all with snot hanging from their noses it sounds quite a practical route..

Edited by mattcodes

No mention of bus transfer but assume it is included.

Currently running a special promotion price of 990 baht each way.

GREAT VALUE .

price sounds good but it's just too much f**king about if you ask me - transfers, boats, backpackers :bah: . the real problem is the direct flight costs BKK-USM and these 'deals' are just papering over the cracks.

plus there's a few un-answered questions re the nok deal:

are transfers included - airport to hotel and vise versa? (I'd be surprised)

will flights be held if the boat/bus is delayed? (probably not)

will nok air provide accommodation if you miss the flight? (definitely not)

are you provided with gas masks and earplugs to avoid smelling/listening to the backpacker passengers? (I can only dream)

I've holidayed in samui since 2003 and just this month chose for the first time to return to krung thep via URT instead of USM (as I refuse to pay bangkok air prices to/from samui anymore).

I definitely saved money but it's the hassle of: transfers from hotel to nathon, then another bus on to the ferry, then back on the bus to surat, then (in my case) a night in surat thani (as I was getting the early airasia flight), then an early alarm, then a taxi to URT, then sitting waiting in a miserable military airport.

I would do it again purely to avoid giving bkk air any of my custom on the USM route. I happily fly bkk air BKK-HKT or BKK-CNX and vice versa but I just do not accept their ridiculous USM fares.

I am still undecided if I will return to samui as it's just too much hassle getting there, when I can have the choice of 5 competitively priced airlines flying BKK-HKT which also opens up other doors to the beautiful andaman coast - krabi, phi phi, similan etc.

I really fear for the once great koh samui.

Wow, that is a very interesting offer, and going to NSTairport is faster and closer than go to Surat Airport.

5 hours from Thong Sala to Don Muang, Good!!

Add the new Lomprayah high speed catamaran service from July 24th, and the

Koh Pha-Ngan (Thong Sala) -> Don Sak -> Nakhon Si Thammarat -> Don Muang

trip may be possible in 3-4hrs...

990 bt, very interesting!

Do you have to call Nok Air for the promotion?

I tried their website and the total price was 1800 bt?

Also, what kind of boat does Lomprayah provide from Samui to Don Sak?

Are they using their catamarans or is it another kind of boat?

GREAT VALUE .

price sounds good but it's just too much f**king about if you ask me - transfers, boats, backpackers :bah: . the real problem is the direct flight costs BKK-USM and these 'deals' are just papering over the cracks.

are you provided with gas masks and earplugs to avoid smelling/listening to the backpacker passengers? (I can only dream)

I've holidayed in samui since 2003 and just this month chose for the first time to return to krung thep via URT instead of USM (as I refuse to pay bangkok air prices to/from samui anymore).

I definitely saved money but it's the hassle of: transfers from hotel to nathon, then another bus on to the ferry, then back on the bus to surat, then (in my case) a night in surat thani (as I was getting the early airasia flight), then an early alarm, then a taxi to URT, then sitting waiting in a miserable military airport.

I would do it again purely to avoid giving bkk air any of my custom on the USM route. I happily fly bkk air BKK-HKT or BKK-CNX and vice versa but I just do not accept their ridiculous USM fares.

I am still undecided if I will return to samui as it's just too much hassle getting there, when I can have the choice of 5 competitively priced airlines flying BKK-HKT which also opens up other doors to the beautiful andaman coast - krabi, phi phi, similan etc.

are transfers included - airport to hotel and vise versa? (I'd be surprised) - Transfers are not included with BKK air ... you have to use one off the rip off taxis at samui airport.

will flights be held if the boat/bus is delayed? (probably not) - as i can see this service is run side by side with the high speed boat.. thus it is all connecting

will nok air provide accommodation if you miss the flight? (definitely not) - do any airlines provide thi if you miss a flight?

are you provided with gas masks and earplugs to avoid smelling/listening to the backpacker passengers? (I can only dream) - these can be bought at 7-11 ;)

definitely saved money but it's the hassle of: transfers from hotel to nathon, then another bus on to the ferry, then back on the bus to surat, then (in my case) a night in surat thani (as I was getting the early airasia flight), then an early alarm, then a taxi to URT, then sitting waiting in a miserable military airport.

i think there is not really much hassle here at all , remember you are not useing the ferry but a high speed cateremaran....

990 bt, very interesting!

Do you have to call Nok Air for the promotion?

I tried their website and the total price was 1800 bt?

Also, what kind of boat does Lomprayah provide from Samui to Don Sak?

Are they using their catamarans or is it another kind of boat?

Checked for August 20th

311.22 baht + extras =990 baht.

KPG - Don muang same day: 2,740 baht all inclusive.

Edited by PoorSucker

Wow, that is a very interesting offer, and going to NSTairport is faster and closer than go to Surat Airport.

5 hours from Thong Sala to Don Muang, Good!!

Add the new Lomprayah high speed catamaran service from July 24th, and the

Koh Pha-Ngan (Thong Sala) -> Don Sak -> Nakhon Si Thammarat -> Don Muang

trip may be possible in 3-4hrs...

Depart : Koh Phangan (Tong Sala Pier) to Bangkok (Don Mueang) (Flight + Hi-speed Catamaran)

Departure Arrival Flight

12:00* 17:05 DD7811

But if connecting to International, remember its to Don Muang!!!

Assuming Lomprayah will sell you a catamaran ticket from Nathon with the the NST airport transfer but without the Nok Air flight , Airasia has a flight that leaves 15 minutes after the NokAir flight into the International airport.. Once the Nok Air promotion runs out this may well be a more cost effective option anyway

GREAT VALUE .

Miserable Surathani airport, smelly backpackers, "just too much f**king about if you ask me", remboursement for delay, Hong Kong, etc etc:

You should only travel in first class, linousine service and 5 stars hotel. Sorry to upset you with our cheaper useful flights...:(:rolleyes::whistling:

Ah, I tried searching on 2nd August and got 2,390 bt.

Looks like you'll have to book well in advance to get the promotion.

It looks like 2,390 will be the price without the promotion, which will be too much for me anyway.

I might as well take the air-con bus to the bus terminal in BKK for total 700 bt, but with a 12 hour journey.

990 for 5 hours journey is OK price for me, but anything much over 1000 bt + the hassle of transfer from boat to airport, I might as well take the bus journey instead. The day bus stops about 3 times for food, so the trip is not that bad.

GREAT VALUE .

Miserable Surathani airport, smelly backpackers, "just too much f**king about if you ask me", remboursement for delay, Hong Kong, etc etc:

You should only travel in first class, linousine service and 5 stars hotel. Sorry to upset you with our cheaper useful flights...:(:rolleyes::whistling:

I'm not having a go at anyone on this thread - my point is that I don't like the fact that greedy bkk air force us to go to these lengths to get to samui when there's a perfectly good airport on the island. bkk air keep pumping up their USM prices when farang currency is struggling against the baht.

it's not good for anyone on samui other than bkk air. the bars are empty, the hotels are empty, the clubs are empty, the place is dead.

PS I dunno what you're on about re hong kong. :blink:

let's be honest - who gives a <deleted>? samui is dead, and bangkok airways has alot to do with it.

bkk air want (iirc) 3380THB one way for the very cheapest fare and up to 5000THB+.....

and the locals and expats wonder why the place is so dead......

you certainly have no idea about Koh Samui at all. Hotels 3*+ are overbooked. Samui is in relation amount of hotels/tourists the best booked place in the country.

let's be honest - who gives a <deleted>? samui is dead, and bangkok airways has alot to do with it.

bkk air want (iirc) 3380THB one way for the very cheapest fare and up to 5000THB+.....

you certainly have no idea about Koh Samui at all. Hotels 3*+ are overbooked. Samui is in relation amount of hotels/tourists the best booked place in the country.

...aha,,,, overbooked 3+ hotels....

so, sure you can explain, why a wellknown hotel in Choeng Mon area offers promotions like this...

(and this si only 1 out of 70 promotion offers from samui Hotels/resorts)

Bonus nights

- Stay 03 nights pay 02 nights, free 01 hour Thai massage

- Stay 05 nights pay 03 nights, free 02 hours Thai massage

- Stay 07 nights pay 04 nights, free 03 hours Thai massage

- Stay 09 nights pay 05 nights, free 04 hours Thai massage

- Stay more than 12 nights get 05 additional night free and free 05 Thai massage

- Compulsory breakfast during on free night is charged 300 Baht per night per person.

- Extra bed is not include in this promotion

Edited by goldfinger

Yes well, regardless this is a boon for residents of the islands. Simple as that. Naysayers and tourists aside who complain they have to carry their luggage a few extra feet really have no concept of the cost residents have been forced to put up with. Bring it on Lomprayah and Nok air is all I have to say.

you certainly have no idea about Koh Samui at all. :rolleyes: Hotels 3*+ are overbooked. Samui is in relation amount of hotels/tourists the best booked place in the country.

this is not the jokes forum.

Absolutely right.

I am myself also a keen in hte past visitor of Koh Samui but from Bangkok not going any longer there if only once a year I discovered instead many others places to all of us satisfaction basically.

Bangkok Air is the killer of Samui and afterwards the local Samuian business rules much too much to the Samuian first..........racketeering the Farangs.

Very fast ferry / Nok or Asia Air fare is not nice at all ( same in similar other places....risk to stay overnight with flights delays missing the ferry, etc...etc... ) if only for the first time visiting Samui....taking it very easy regardless of high seas, etc....

bangkok airways wants to shaft everyone left, right and centre to the point where people are going to all lengths to save money getting to samui. but there comes a time when enough is enough. if cheaper direct flights are not in the pipeline then I really fear for the sustainability of koh samui.

<deleted> 'em I say - I was a returning visitor to samui for many years but with alternatives like phuket easily accesible at a fraction of the price, I cannot be ar5ed pricking about with samui anymore.

too many jokes:

over booked ????????????????????

prices down do not do the trick.

Tourist from Europe in Euro so down are not going to fill in all the Samui Hotels...No WAY.

etc....

Let see the reality and not a dream this is not the first time Samui is down with its luck but this is a very strenuous serious issue.

you certainly have no idea about Koh Samui at all. :rolleyes: Hotels 3*+ are overbooked. Samui is in relation amount of hotels/tourists the best booked place in the country.

this is not the jokes forum.

"over booked ????????????????????

prices down do not do the trick.

Tourist from Europe in Euro so down are not going to fill in all the Samui Hotels...No WAY.

etc....

Let see the reality and not a dream this is not the first time Samui is down with its luck but this is a very strenuous serious issue."

brd, just curious how you can come to that conclusion? are you working in the business? are you on Samui checking all the 3-5* resorts? or the PG/TG-manifest?