Lime Wire

johna

A month ago I paid Lime Wire 56$ in membership fees but have been unable to install their product and so far they have not responded to my emails, I now looking at my membership confirmation email see that this came from a company called [email protected], am I the victim of a scam?

I paid the money into Lime Wire at there web page. any info on this appreciated

A month ago I paid Lime Wire 56$ in membership fees but have been unable to install their product and so far they have not responded to my emails, I now looking at my membership confirmation email see that this came from a company called [email protected], am I the victim of a scam?

I paid the money into Lime Wire at there web page. any info on this appreciated

Did you pay by credit card?

If so, contact your card issuer (Visa, Mastercard, etc.) and dispute the charge. Explain situation. Card issurer should re-credit your account, after investigation. Don't delay, as normally your allowed to dispute a charge up to 60 days from date charge was made.

cheers :o

There is no membership fee for Lime Wire. It is a free program at version 4.8 and available at Limewire.Com. If you want the for sale pro version it is 18.88 or some such price and on CD about $39 but there is no $56 item that I can see. Can you find the item on the above web page? It sounds as if you subscribed to some 'service' but have no idea what it is.

It appears you signed up for a one year downloading service and a pro version of software from a place called mp3downloading.com as that price would match what you were billed.

I can find no way to get there from Lime Wire home page so not sure how you arrived at that pay site.

I have just done a quick search and discovered that [email protected] is a scam , you go to the correct site in my case Lime Wire and are then redirected to the scam and loose your money, there is a full report on this company that I found through Google. Thanks everyone for the info.

The first time I went to lime wire the page I arrived at was totally diferent from the page I went to from a link on one of the replys,

The layout of the page looked very professional and the price seemed resonable, the download again was differnt to Lime Wire. Lime Wire have responded to my email saying basically its a company that is selling its free product for a fee and there is nothing that they can do about it. You can find a rip off report on [email protected] on google