Video Capture Devices

mervyn

Has anyone come across a reasonably high quality video capture device in Pattaya.I have recently purchased a USB device which includes a tuner and the results are not very good.The recordings are full of digital type artifacts.I have quite a few VHS tapes and I would like to back them up to DVD while I still have a usable VCR.I know that the easy solution would be to purchase a DVD recorder but that would be quite expense so I am trying to do it on my computer. Anyway would be grateful if anyone had experience of a better device and where to purchase it.

Thanks in advance

• 1 year later...

Save your money - I have a VHS -> DVD recorder that you can borrow

as I see you live in Pattaya. PM me - and I'll give you the details

how to find me.

I realize your post is a year old, but I'm in the same situation. I have some old VHS tapes of when our daughter was newborn that I've been wanting to capture to digital form for a while. I had an old VHS player standing around that I intended to try to capture with but when I tried today I found out it no longer works. I was searching for a service that could capture my VHS tapes when I came over your post.

If you are still in Pattaya and still have the VHS-DVD recorder I would very much like to borrow it for this!