Cambodians Plan 'Day Of Anger' Against Thailand

webfact

Cambodians Plan “Day of Anger” against Thailand

The Thai military and locals along the Thai-Cambodian border are bracing for the Cambodian Labor Confederation's plan to hold an event called the “Day of Anger” with over 10,000 Cambodians expected to turn up to show solidarity over the border dispute with Thailand.

Manager Online has reported that Cambodia's largest labor assembly, Cambodian Labor Confederation, or CLC, has affirmed it will hold the “Day of Anger” event on Thursday.

The event is a gesture against Thailand's alleged encroachment on the Cambodian border. The chosen date of the event coincides with what Cambodians believe to be the anniversary of the alleged incident two years ago.

CLC President Rong Chun released a memo on Monday calling on all members of the Cambodian society to take part in the event. Over 10,000 people are expected to join the gathering.

The “Day of Anger” will begin with a rally at Cambodia's old parliament building in Phnom Penh before moving to the Independence Monument where attendants will celebrate their patriotism.

The assembly plans to demand the Thai government respect its treaties and contracts with Cambodia by withdrawing military forces from the border.

They are also expected to call on Thailand to honor its agreement to allow Cambodia to register the Preah Vihear temple as a UNESCO World Heritage site.

The CLC has earlier attempted to stage such a march, but has continually been barred from doing so by the Cambodian authorities.

In Thailand, soldiers remain at their stations along the Thai-Cambodian border but no special preparations have been made ahead of the “Day of Anger”.

Despite fears by Thai locals, the military has assured that it is maintaining peaceful dialogues with its Cambodian counterparts and has assured that no untoward incidents will take place.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-07-13

footer_n.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cambodians are very peaceful and wise because they (the ultra nationalists) make their small stuff in Phnom Penh.

The Thais are crazy because they (the ultra nationalists, Yellow Shirts) make their provocation at the border TO CREATE A WAR.

Cambodian police should prevent incident to arise. Thai army obviously helps, sometimes, the Yellow to CREATE A WAR.

The Cambodian Government must be planning something un-popular on Thursday ...A diversion is required to focus attention elsewhere!.

Very first post and already the "conspiracy theories" are pouring in... maybe, just maybe, there is no conspiracy...

'buddy' date='2010-07-13 18:03' timestamp='1279018980' post='3746917']

The Cambodian Government must be planning something un-popular on Thursday ...A diversion is required to focus attention elsewhere!.

Hun Sen and unions do not see eye to eye , why do you think the unions would suddenly decide to aide and abett him in any devious plan he may be up to , as you suggest ?

It means that Hun Sen is probably diverting attention from demolishing private property again, like he and his cronies often do around Phnom Phen.

That nation has had decades of bitter anger and turmoil, why dwell on more???!! Glutton for misery??!!

They are also expected to call on Thailand to honor its agreement to allow Cambodia to register the Preah Vihear temple as a UNESCO World Heritage site.

Which it will not - because as we all know, this is Lieland.

Is this the same government that Thailand is accusing of providing mercenaries, agents provocateur on (and safe harbor to) the red shirt barricades? Cambodians despite the last hundreds of years have nothing against the Thai, save for these modern land disputes. This is a typical third world reaction to the hate that has been spewn upon them by Thailand.

Harboring Taksin was one of Hun Sen's few political miscalculations during his reign. Having said that, Cambodia has not and will not suffer for it. A finger in the eye of its arrogant neighbor.

I am sure the unions deal is a qpquo thing.

Cambodians are very peaceful and wise because they (the ultra nationalists) make their small stuff in Phnom Penh.

The Thais are crazy because they (the ultra nationalists, Yellow Shirts) make their provocation at the border TO CREATE A WAR.

Cambodian police should prevent incident to arise. Thai army obviously helps, sometimes, the Yellow to CREATE A WAR.

Cambodia does not have the military capacity to fight a war against any of their neighbours; and their military are too busy enriching themselves to bother.

Much the same could be said about their Thai counterparts. Though the Thai military on paper is much stronger than the Cambodians, I am unaware of ANY successful campaign carried out by Thais in the last century. What makes you think that they want to spoil their perfect record?

Edited by OzMick

Cambodia does not have the military capacity to fight a war against any of their neighbours; and their military are too busy enriching themselves to bother.

Much the same could be said about their Thai counterparts. Though the Thai military on paper is much stronger than the Cambodians, I am unaware of ANY successful campaign carried out by Thais in the last century. What makes you think that they want to spoil their perfect record?

Good post

The defending army will always have more motivation / strength than the invader. In the present case, the invader is Thailand. Every time Thai tried to take some Cambodian territory during the past 2 years they had casualties.

I'm not sure the Thai population is ready to have dead soldiers for a land that, anyway, they'll have to give back to Cambodian due to international laws (unless they want to be a rogue country).

Both the Cambodian and Thai governments need as many diversions as they can get; they're both loving that border conflict.

I imagine a phone conference between Abhisit and Hun Sen:

Hun Sen: Hey, shall we really keep fighting over that stupid temple?

Abhisit: Absolutely!

Hun Sen: Awesome! See ya!

Wonder if there has been any "advise" offered from Thai friends of Cambodia

Gee the PADS and democrats created a border incident as a PR stunt against the REDS. Now guess what happens! I guess we are going to get a lot like the above - lets forget how this created and blame it on Thaksin. Once you start a ball rolling you never know where it will end up.

Both the Cambodian and Thai governments need as many diversions as they can get; they're both loving that border conflict.

I imagine a phone conference between Abhisit and Hun Sen:

Hun Sen: Hey, shall we really keep fighting over that stupid temple?

Abhisit: Absolutely!

Hun Sen: Awesome! See ya!

Wrong!

Hun Sen has nothing to win with a rift at this moment. He's the strong man of the country. No election before years. It's even bad for him because some ultra nationalists pretend he's weak with the Thais (he's indeed very patient).

Hun Sen and other Cambodians indeed want the border marked out and peaceful. Land and sea borders. First of all in the Gulf of Thailand, just because it means money! Peace with Thailand = more income in Cambodia (and in Hun Sen's pockets).

Also, war is too expensive for a poor country like Cambodia. This is a luxe Thailand can afford, not Cambodia.

Please do not transfer Abisith's perversion to other country leaders. They have enough with their own ones.

:-)

Someone, has his thinking cap on. wink.gif

Agreed.

I have a 'day of anger against Thailand' everytime I get cheated here (daily) or when I hear 'me no money' or when I see government officials in nice suits and posh cars, talking about slums and beggars !

Evolution is taking a step back I fear, with the 'flat noses'

P.S. If you think calling them flat noses is racist, think again, unless you have never been ripped off because you are white (charged 10 times more than Abhisit to enter Zoo, even if you're a cleaner at McDonalds)

Edited by sbk
obscenities removed

Someone, has his thinking cap on. wink.gif

Agreed.

I have a 'day of anger against Thailand' everytime I get cheated here (daily) or when I hear 'me no money' or when I see government officials in nice suits and posh cars, talking about slums and beggars !

Evolution is taking a step back I fear, with the 'flat noses'

P.S. If you think calling them flat noses is racist, think again, unless you have never been ripped off because you are white (charged 10 times more than Abhisit to enter Zoo, even if you're a cleaner at McDonalds)

Some words used here, like w*****, is not very polite.

Well, let’s see. The last time the vaunted Thai army saw any real actions, other than shooting protestors, was during the Thai-Laotian Border War (December 1987 – February 1988), where they were somewhat embarrassed by a much smaller, but more determined and better trained, Lao army.

I don't know why the Cambodians just don't call on their Special Advisor & recently appointed citizen of Montenegro T***** S********* to simply fix the problem! After all TS has done such a great job of 'fixing' everything in Thailand in recent times, the solution to a border dispute should be simple! :)

One of the things I am astonished by is how Thai people defend their country/people and get upset with anyone critizing anything about Thailand,

when they themselves are the absolute individuals with no regards at all to the wellfare of their own country fellow men/women.

If someone is being ripped off because one doesn't come from Thailand and express anger about it upset you that much,

wouldn't it be better for you to write something like, I whish we could treat forreigners better than we do.

There's a saying, treat others like you want to be treated yourself. Actually found in most religions,

even Buddismen but then again, you "stole" buddismen from India and almost proclaim it as yours only.

One of the things I am astonished by is how Thai people defend their country/people and get upset with anyone critizing anything about Thailand,

when they themselves are the absolute individuals with no regards at all to the wellfare of their own country fellow men/women.

If someone is being ripped off because one doesn't come from Thailand and express anger about it upset you that much,

wouldn't it be better for you to write something like, I whish we could treat forreigners better than we do.

There's a saying, treat others like you want to be treated yourself. Actually found in most religions,

even Buddismen but then again, you "stole" buddismen from India and almost proclaim it as yours only.

I wish we could treat foreigners better. But also I wish you have a better logic in this. Does that mean all christian countries "stole" Christianity from Jews as well? Most Thais know it come from India, know the name of the buddha, the town he was born, the name of his parents, etc. I'm not sure where you heard someone claimed that it's Thai's only. That person must be really crazy and stupid, that kind of people is not exclusive to Thailand though. It's just like if someone claimed that Christianity is Vatican's. Do you think there are people like that?

If you got rip off here, you got my sympathy on that. But to bash Thailand for the sake of bashing is just pathetic.

Which it will not - because as we all know, this is Lieland.

Is this the same government that Thailand is accusing of providing mercenaries, agents provocateur on (and safe harbor to) the red shirt barricades? Cambodians despite the last hundreds of years have nothing against the Thai, save for these modern land disputes. This is a typical third world reaction to the hate that has been spewn upon them by Thailand.

Harboring Taksin was one of Hun Sen's few political miscalculations during his reign. Having said that, Cambodia has not and will not suffer for it. A finger in the eye of its arrogant neighbor.

I am sure the unions deal is a qpquo thing.

Thats not entirely true, i know many Cambodians and have spent quite some time over there and i can tell you quite confidently that anti-thai sentiment in cambodia is very strong. They view thais as dishonest and always trying to get the better of them with an air of superiority over the Cambodians.

Cambodians are very influenced by economic gain, and will easily pose as a friend if they feel they will be getting ahead, very shrewd people. Smarter than many people give them credit for.

Apart from that, boy do they love to get drunk !

I wish we could treat foreigners better. But also I wish you have a better logic in this. Does that mean all christian countries "stole" Christianity from Jews as well? Most Thais know it come from India, know the name of the buddha, the town he was born, the name of his parents, etc. I'm not sure where you heard someone claimed that it's Thai's only. That person must be really crazy and stupid, that kind of people is not exclusive to Thailand though. It's just like if someone claimed that Christianity is Vatican's. Do you think there are people like that?

If you got rip off here, you got my sympathy on that. But to bash Thailand for the sake of bashing is just pathetic.

Lord Buddha, Guatama Siddharcha, was born in 563 BCE in Lumbini, Nepal, which at the time formed part of Northern India. In 24 years here I have never met a single Thai who is aware of this fact or indeed any Thai who has properly studied and truly practices Buddhism. I have met plenty of Thais though who go to the Temple to pray to win the lottery, and have witnessed no end of Thai monks in Starbucks and KFC, and just recently saw one chatting away on a mobile phone in a 1st class train carriage.

Why do either country need a military? Could it be to stuff their own pockets and over throw a voted in government on a regular basis? :lol:

• Like 1

Wonder if there has been any "advise" offered from Thai friends of Cambodia

Gee the PADS and democrats created a border incident as a PR stunt against the REDS. Now guess what happens! I guess we are going to get a lot like the above - lets forget how this created and blame it on Thaksin. Once you start a ball rolling you never know where it will end up.

Do You think anyone actually considers this drivel as any sort of advice?