Swedish National On Hunger Strike In Bangkok

webfact

Your assertion that Thailand has to supply accomodation to you, an alien, has no basis in reality.

Period.

Then you have not read the convention for the disabled.Ignorance is no defense...........!!!!!!:jap:

secondly,supply of accommodation is not what i have asked for.

Many disabled people live on the streets in Thailand,or are you unaware of that?????

'to supply accomodation' does not mean 'a supply of accomodation'(sic).

I am beginning to see why you think the convention might say whatever you believe it to say...

Added: Again, the convention talks about the right of disabled individuals to have the same access to sociaty as others, i.e. talks about guaranteeing equal rights - *not* additional rights.

As a long time supporter of the rights of people with disabilities I have to agree with TAWP on this. In my view all this does is ensure that the same right of access to housing applies as to people without a disability.

You have not indicated any diference in your treatment to someone withou a disability and have the oportunity to rent elswhere.

I will add that in Thailand landlords attitudes do not change when they see a wheelchair. They extend the same right to rent to a disabled person as one without disability unlike landlords in some other countries.

Sadly this is OT for this thread but I would be interested in following another thread on your problems.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go home Benny.

Please go home now as you can.

SOE can arrest you again, and this time, there may be no trial.

THIS IS WHY THAILAND IS ALL F*CKED UP TODAY BECAUSE THAIS' SEEM TO SIT BACK AND LET THE GOVERNMENT DO WHATEVER IT WANTS. TO ALL THE FARANG ARSE KISSERS, THIS IS ABOUT SOMEBODY'S RIGHTS BEING DENIED. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE INVOLVED IN THE EVENT, BUT AT LEAST GIVE THE MORAL SUPPORT AND STOP BEING IGNORANT.

most houses for rent in thailand are also for sale,this does not offer permanent accommodation,to which is a basic human right for the disabled.

Many, many thousands of houses in Thailand are indeed for sale but you cannot buy one, as under Thai law you are NOT permitted the right to do so. You are a foreigner end of story and foreigners cannot own house and land type property, simple.

As for your basic human rights "thingy" for the disabled you are being delusional. You have no rights full stop, as you are a foreigner.

But just go ahead with your nonsense until someone gives you your basic human right to be expelled from the country.

I hope Benny wins, I really do but I met another foreigner who was doing much the same thing two years ago. He had filed a case against the police, prison etc for false imprisonment, after 3 years of being in jail for theft, he was found not guilty.

So he pressed charges, but the immigration made problems for him, hassled him until he left to go home, then they black listed him and since then he has been unable to come back and fight the case.

Rights? Tell me KhunAussie what rights do we foreigners actually have? None is the answer!