Who Certifys A Copy

You sign the copy, that's the certification.

No you don't - no such thing as self certification.

If you are applying for a visa . You put the original one in .

Don't submit originals documents, submit certified copies. What if they go missing?

If DIAC want to see the originals they will request them.

Question is when you self certify the passport pages copies - do you sign and print name or just sign?

Again, you don't self certify your own documents.

Regulation 2.13(5) of the Migration Regulations provides who can certify documents

Reg 2.13(5)

Edited by bridge

If one is in Australia there is no problem getting copies of documents certified.

I think what the OP requested was who in Thailand can legally certify copies of documents.

Get them certified at VFS for free.

Generally the person who can certify a copy of a passport or any document as a true copy is the same as can sign a Stat Dec, Registered nurses, pharmacists, police officers, JP's, CPA's, etc... Anyone who holds an equivalent position in another country can certify the copy.

If you are not able to get to the city and you are using a courier service, go to your local Amphur office, someone there should be able to assist.

Edited by gburns57au

Hi Whateezaname

Good question. I see you are in Bkk.

Despite the fact that I have been down this path a few times -- I still find it hard to answer.

Just how do you find a "translating and certifying' service?... how do you know its legit? (acceptable by the embassy)---- In my case I just asked around and fortunately was directed to a place which certainly did this (and also wanted to act as agent for application--declined with thanks).

Not expensive -- but I don't recall the costs--- I have used them subsequently --- easy.

The only original documents I believe you include with your application are her passport and bankbook. Any other Thai documents you submit are copies only --- which need to be translated to English and "certified"

Question: (I have forgotten) Are copies of her house book and I.D. required & do they need to be translated?? (I seem to recall they don't need translation??)-- but on reflection that would be odd. Advice please.

Hi Whateezaname

Good question. I see you are in Bkk.

Despite the fact that I have been down this path a few times -- I still find it hard to answer.

Just how do you find a "translating and certifying' service?... how do you know its legit? (acceptable by the embassy)---- In my case I just asked around and fortunately was directed to a place which certainly did this (and also wanted to act as agent for application--declined with thanks).

Not expensive -- but I don't recall the costs--- I have used them subsequently --- easy.

The only original documents I believe you include with your application are her passport and bankbook. Any other Thai documents you submit are copies only --- which need to be translated to English and "certified"

Question: (I have forgotten) Are copies of her house book and I.D. required & do they need to be translated?? (I seem to recall they don't need translation??)-- but on reflection that would be odd. Advice please.

Do not give them any original documents....I believe that the paper visa is not placed in the passport now, they may just require a certified copy of the ID page at the front of the passport, Bridge may be able to confirm that? Certainly they dont require the original bankbook.

House book needs to be translated. Any document that is written in Thai and is to be included in the application needs to be a translated and certified copy.

For translations....I am sure that there are some here who can assist...my wife had hers done at some place near Chatuchak somewhere....they are plenty of places.

Do not give them any original documents....I believe that the paper visa is not placed in the passport now, they may just require a certified copy of the ID page at the front of the passport, Bridge may be able to confirm that? Certainly they dont require the original bankbook.

Please note this from the Australian embasst site at: http://www.vfs-au.ne...VisitorVisa.pdf

Updated Feb 2010

What do I need to provide?

"If you are providing a bankbook,you must provide the origionalbankbook;this will be returned to you with your passport."

Edited by tig28

Please note this from the Australian embasst site at: http://www.vfs-au.ne...VisitorVisa.pdf

Updated Feb 2010

What do I need to provide?

"If you are providing a bankbook,you must provide the origionalbankbook;this will be returned to you with your passport."

The criteria for a visitors visa 676 is different to that of a partner visa 309.

The criteria for a visitors visa 676 is different to that of a partner visa 309.

Correct -- Sorry for posting misleading infomation. The O.P. was asking re "partner visa" -- perhaps I should read more carefully.

Well I havent been back for a few days and see a few more replies to my post.

I was sponsoring my wife in her application for a partner visa.

I was unsure about certifying all the documents, since my post I have submitted a ream of paper !!!!!!

I was required to sign every piece of paper that I submitted, I took copies of everything I had,

but I was asked to show the originals- fortunately I did take all of the originals.

The form 47SP item 93 to me clearly states that you would be able to pay with a credit or

debit card-- they will not however take this you need CASH!!! and I was not carrying that amount and my bank has a daily limit.

This is the type of thing I referred to when I said that my previous visit was VERY friendly but short on helpful advice,

Maybee I am just a bit thick ??????

Under International Law the Australian Embassy is from a legal perspective part of Australia.

Thus one should be able to pay all fees and charges in Australian currency, fair enough EFTPOS facilities are not available, but no logical reason is given.

The other is the witnessing of a Statutory Declaration by a consular official, there is no charge in Australia for this service. The Australian Embassy a fee in THB is charged.

I might make an enquiry via the local MLA (after the Federal election).

Edited by electau