Good Things Topic.

villagefarang

We have 'good day' and 'bad day' topics. How about a list of things we like about Chiang Rai? Certainly we all have things that we like about the Rai. Feel free to mention your favorite tourist attraction, hotel, restaurant or bar, if you like, but I was thinking more along the lines of the less the commercial and less obvious.

I like this time of year, with its spectacular skies, lush green rice fields and a pace of life more controlled by nature than the clock on the wall. I also like my 50km, country road drives to town, believe it or not, especially on the motorbike. My list of things I love about the Rai is seemingly endless but I would rather hear from others. Big or small the only thing that matters, is that you like it. Please share.

• Like 1

I liked this evening's unique rain shower. Reminiscent of rains in Hawaii, on the leeward side of the island. The clouds came over the mountains to the east with welcome showers, while the sun was still well above the horizon to the west. Brilliant sunshine and falling rain turns the world into a sparkling fantasy, remarkable to behold.

• Like 2

Nice Pomchop. The Cools seasons pretty special.

You mentioned the orange blossoms, there seems to be a different Tree in Blossom all year round in these parts.

No ones mentioned 'Starry Starry Nights' . The Night sky has got to be the most spectacular I've seen anywhere.

very little light pollution I guess.

Maybe thats a queue for a song :)

• Like 1

Great post pomchop! Hope you don't mind that I gave you a 'reputation' point by clicking the icon in the lower right corner of your post. Really great stuff. :D You too, jubby, I love starry nights as well but without the music. ;)

• Like 1

That's cue Jubby, I doubt anyone's queuing to listen to "Starry Starry Night" (Vincent).

The orange blossom could be Philidelphus or Mock Orange, the one the Thais use to make the sweet smelling garlands they sell at traffic lights.

800px-Philadelphus_pubescens.jpg

(Stolen from Wikipedia)

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 1

Breast Jubbles, breast... not quite the same thing. B)

"Music hath charms to soothe a savage breast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak." William Congreve.

There you go again Scea. Lowering the tone.

That reminds me, Where's the best place for Coffee in Big C :whistling:

Anyway, perhaps not the original saying, but its probably been said more often, and perhaps does ring true. Atleast in my world

and apparently There may have been a Freudian slip when Congreve meant beast.

Edited by jubby

Well it's up to you guys with a bit more formal education to try and raise the tone a little, the scraps of knowledge I picked up were acquired from reading at truck stops or in sawmill lunch rooms. (A little reverse snobbery there).

I can see I'm going to have to be more careful who I'm seen with in public, I have a position to maintain in Chiang Rai society. :rolleyes:

Well it's up to you guys with a bit more formal education to try and raise the tone a little, the scraps of knowledge I picked up were acquired from reading at truck stops or in sawmill lunch rooms. (A little reverse snobbery there).

I can see I'm going to have to be more careful who I'm seen with in public, I have a position to maintain in Chiang Rai society. :rolleyes:

I was a Chicken Grader in a past life. Only Joking. Its funny , I always took you for a Teacher or something. Anyway, we're drifting, ever so innocently off-topic again.

Apologies to his great Virtuosity the Village Flang :)

Oh , I don't know Scea. Music calms the savage beast or something like that :whistling:

:D

Thank you Jubby, Vincent was one of my favorite artists. I have read the book about his life 3-4 times. He was a very special man. This song with the video of his paintings was great!

:D:):D

To quote pomchop : watching the neighbors get all excited about killing and cooking a snake

Seeing my father in law come home from the farm with a big smil on his face and with two huge (live) rice rats for dinner. Guess who is dinner :lol:

For some strange reason the rice rats get majorly upset when you come near them :D

Edited by Garry
  • Like 1

Oh , I don't know Scea. Music calms the savage beast or something like that :whistling:

:D

Thank you Jubby, Vincent was one of my favorite artists. I have read the book about his life 3-4 times. He was a very special man. This song with the video of his paintings was great!

:D:):D

Yes, Its quite a special Video . There are a few Oriental Ladies trying to sing the song also on youtube. Check them out. :)

Edited by jubby

Wow, Don't hold back on us Pomchop :)

I've never seen female office workers drink whiskey with their lunch. Must be a stressful Job I Guess :lol:

And where exactly is this 'dancing shrimp' place , just out of curiosity B)