Good Things Topic.

villagefarang

Good job, pomchop.

Some of the best reading I have had in days and it brought lots of smiles and "uh, huh's".

What are you doing in the states? Being there only makes one more bitter about what used to be good there.

Come back to where you belong.

kandahar

Pomchop, you sure make "The Rai" sound like a very appealing place. And I thoroughly enjoyed your list because, like Kandahar, it made my day. I'm sitting here waiting for the Big White Bird to take me "home" to Thailand, well, in 2 months. Will be up in CR. Looking forward to visiting Big C ;)

Wow, Don't hold back on us Pomchop :)

I've never seen female office workers drink whiskey with their lunch. Must be a stressful Job I Guess :lol:

And where exactly is this 'dancing shrimp' place , just out of curiosity B)

Like i said, bored in the usa and just doing some 'chiang rai dreaming"....dancing shrimp is on the lake over the hill past the old airport and buffalo resort hotel...no english sign....goong dten.....and that is also where you can see the gals drinking whiskey with lunch....

Good job, pomchop.

Some of the best reading I have had in days and it brought lots of smiles and "uh, huh's".

What are you doing in the states? Being there only makes one more bitter about what used to be good there.

Come back to where you belong.

kandahar

back in september....i also have a nice time in usa a few months a year but for sure it is a VERY different experience than CR....

• Like 1

Biff, I've never been wai'ed by teenagers mate, maybe its something to do with the close haircut and shaved eyebrows.

Thanks for the Visualisation of you in an expensive dress I've just unfortunately had :)

and Garry tell us more about the Big Bike from Bangkok, slightly off-topic maybe , but we have a few enthusiasts on here B)

Biff, I've never been wai'ed by teenagers mate, maybe its something to do with the close haircut and shaved eyebrows.

Thanks for the Visualisation of you in an expensive dress I've just unfortunately had :)

and Garry tell us more about the Big Bike from Bangkok, slightly off-topic maybe , but we have a few enthusiasts on here B)

jubby, I have a 2004 Ducati 999S. I don't try and terrorise the roads around the village that much :jap: , but going down towards Mae Suai way along rouute 118 is a different story :ph34r::lol:

Is there a 'Big Bikes in Chiang Rai' thread or at least people with beastys? :huh:

Edited by Garry

jubby, I have a 2004 Ducati 999S. I don't try and terrorise the roads around the village that much :jap: , but going down towards Mae Suai way along rouute 118 is a different story :ph34r::lol:

Is there a 'Big Bikes in Chiang Rai' thread or at least people with beastys? :huh:

Some people have mentioned having a new Big bike previously in other threads, maybe the Good day thread. I'm looking for something not so big and more forgiving of the inevitable ;-)

Some people have mentioned having a new Big bike previously in other threads, maybe the Good day thread. I'm looking for something not so big and more forgiving of the inevitable ;-)

Fair enough jubby. Thanks for the info and I'll do some more research on the CHiang Rai threads :)

Holy Cow, there's a Ducati owner in our midst! And here's me thinking I'd be lucky if I saw a mediocre bike like, I don't know, maybe a Ninja. :sorry: VF.

But what's that I just read on another post, you're out of town for a month? Well as a Ducatisti surely you want your bike to be taken good care of so, although I'm fairly busy at the moment, I'd make time to look after your bike and keep her ticking over while you are away ;)

I'm currently saving my satang for a Kawasaki D-Tracker, when I finally get one I'll keep my eye out for you on the 118.

Holy Cow, there's a Ducati owner in our midst! And here's me thinking I'd be lucky if I saw a mediocre bike like, I don't know, maybe a Ninja. :sorry: VF.

But what's that I just read on another post, you're out of town for a month? Well as a Ducatisti surely you want your bike to be taken good care of so, although I'm fairly busy at the moment, I'd make time to look after your bike and keep her ticking over while you are away ;)

I'm currently saving my satang for a Kawasaki D-Tracker, when I finally get one I'll keep my eye out for you on the 118.

Ha ha ha, thanks for the generous offer :lol: . Yeah it's my pride and joy and as many have said before with their motorcycle persuasion in Thailand: 'my mia noi'

At least I can tell my wife I'm going to ride my mia noi and not be waking up like Bobbitt the next day :jap:

This also gives me a good excuse to show if off again...picture whoring below :lol::ph34r:

09042010009.jpg

IMG_5005.jpgIMG_5009.jpg

IMG_5008.jpgIMG_5011.jpg

IMG_5018.jpgIMG_5021.jpg

IMG_5010.jpgIMG_5007.jpg

I'm speechless ...... Almost .... SexyMoto indeed :)

I quite fancy a D-Tracker also. with or without a Bobbit

Thanks, don't tell my wife :whistling::ermm: but I really would like to get myself an Africa Twin in the future to go to all the remote places on the map.

D-Trackers have a good reputation in Thailand. I reckon you couldn't go wrong there with one. I even thought about one at one stage, but I like a bit more power.

The Sexymoto frame plugs are made (CNC'd) for Kuhn Boy at Chicane Moto in Bangkok. He did the last full service on the Duk. :D

Edited by Garry

The D-trackers affordable but not cheap, sort of european prices, If we're talking money no object then a BMW at 2-3 times the price of one in Europe would probably be parked on my drive.

No 250's enough for me, maybe in a few years I'll progress to somwthing bigger.

I can't see myself going from Honda dream or to Phantom to SuperBike all in one go.

I've always been happy with 0-60 in 15 to 20 seconds , I suspect w're talking 4 with the ducati. In inexperienced hands . well. .... what can I say

Wow, cheers for the pics Garry, beautiful bike indeed! Is that a GSX-R behind it?

I watched Twist The Throttle on discovery turbo a few days ago and it was about Ducati, they started out making radios believe it or not.

I'm actually saving for a Ducati Hypermotard 796 (my dream bike) but as that's likely to take me about 100yrs I will get the D-Tracker and then possibly move up to a Versys in a few years when I'm a bit more experienced. I heard they will release the Versys here soon which, IMO, is the perfect bike for the roads up here in Northern Thailand and with some on/off road tyres then the remote places wouldn't be a problem either.

Yes Jubby, it is affordable but not cheap, I thought about one of the chinese options (zongshen or lifan) as an alternative but would rather pay a bit more and go with kawasaki.

The D-trackers affordable but not cheap, sort of european prices, If we're talking money no object then a BMW at 2-3 times the price of one in Europe would probably be parked on my drive.

No 250's enough for me, maybe in a few years I'll progress to somwthing bigger.

I can't see myself going from Honda dream or to Phantom to SuperBike all in one go.

I've always been happy with 0-60 in 15 to 20 seconds , I suspect w're talking 4 with the ducati. In inexperienced hands . well. .... what can I say

In inexperienced hands . well. .... what can I say

Definitely agree there, seen to many young and old guys alike bite off too much than they can chew. Get themselves on to too powerful a bike with no real road experience and go to the hereafter. I've been riding sports bikes since I was 18 years old and just turning 50 this year, I still give them the respect they require. :)

Wow, cheers for the pics Garry, beautiful bike indeed! Is that a GSX-R behind it?

I watched Twist The Throttle on discovery turbo a few days ago and it was about Ducati, they started out making radios believe it or not.

I'm actually saving for a Ducati Hypermotard 796 (my dream bike) but as that's likely to take me about 100yrs I will get the D-Tracker and then possibly move up to a Versys in a few years when I'm a bit more experienced. I heard they will release the Versys here soon which, IMO, is the perfect bike for the roads up here in Northern Thailand and with some on/off road tyres then the remote places wouldn't be a problem either.

Yes Jubby, it is affordable but not cheap, I thought about one of the chinese options (zongshen or lifan) as an alternative but would rather pay a bit more and go with kawasaki.

Hi Stu, Thanks mate but wash your mouth out :sick: , that is my buddies brand new Ducati 1198. I bought the 999S off of him. The photo was taken with my Nokia N73 down on the beach in Hua Hin.

Beautiful bikes and I won't be getting rid of this one anytime soon. She's a keeper

09042010005.jpg

You would be talking about this:

In 1926, three brothers, Adriano, Marcello and Bruno Ducati, founded Societa Scientifica Radio Brevetti Ducati in Bologna to produce vacuum tubes. condensors and other radio components, becoming successful enough by 1935 to construct a new factory in the Borgo Panigale area of the city

1920s_Ducati_logo.jpg

Please please please don't get Chinese bikes, I've heard nothing but bad news about them. :bah:

Cheers Garry :jap: :D

Edited by Garry

But garry, Its... well... you know ... sort of ..... well..... ....... WHITE !? .... <deleted> !? :o

A W ....W... White Ducati .... Its s S S ... So Wrong ! B)

I have to agree actually, its like Ferrari, who the hel_l wants one other than painted red!? I hear that my buddy has some red on it somewhere and he did get the bike as a demonstrator, so the price was good. I'll keep you posted :D

Maybe I get wai'ed because they know me, or, more likely, the family I'm staying with. You could be right of course, it could well be the monks haircut :lol:

I knew the image of me in a 300 baht dress would appeal to you ;)

I'm spitting out the soap as I type this Garry, can't believe I confused a Suzuki with a Ducati, schoolboy error! Personally I quite like the white but wouldn't say no to red either.

So now we have a Lamborghini and a Ducati up here in CR we should make our own version of Fifth Gear's Lamborghini V Ducati races they've done. The twisty mountain roads would be ideal and with the ocassional long straight included too it would be a youtube sensation. I'm sure the BIB would turn a blind eye for a few bottles of Blend and we could send the hashers out beforehand to tie up the soi dogs to stop any roadkill. Don't dismiss it without watching the video below and picturing the faces of the local kids as they line the streets waiting for the two blurs to flash before their eyes.