Buying Bp Shares Right Now!

So thank goodness for the internet eh flying ? ;)

And I would rather believe Matt Simmons than these other talking heads anyday.

For the OP the prediction is :-

1. BP stock is going down to $1 :o

2. the ultimate clean up cost will likely be well over $1 trillion

" "What we don’t know anything about is the open hole which is caused by the drill bit when it tossed the blow-out preventer way out of the hole…and 120,000/day minimum of toxic poison has now covered the floor of the Gulf of Mexico. So what they’re talking about is the biggest environmental cover-up ever. And they knew that that well, that riser, would finally deplete. And then they could say it’s over." On blaming the catastrophe on Transocean: "For two days they kept saying it’s a rig fire. When the rig sank they could no longer call it a rig fire. It’s a riser leak…Because if they said the truth they would all go to jail." The conclusion: "Unfortunately, we now have killed the Gulf of Mexico."

Yeah & one has to wonder how long before the internet gets more regulated.

As to the clean up agreed that

1) How much is an unknown quantity when this subject is brought up

2) How clean ultimately will be far from sufficient as it is impossible to clean what lies below the surface.

I would not be surprised by anything from here on in.

Flying as you are in the country , I wondered if you have any knowledge about how long the restrictions will

apply regaring outsiders examining the spill ?

As I understand it, the Obama Government has made it a FELONY offence to go anywhere near the spill and take pictures ( I mean that in itself should ring enough alarm bells – sorry MSM didn’t mean to wake you up :boring: ).

So presumably there will come a time when these restrictions will be lifted ( yes or no ? ) and then perhaps we will see some investigative reporting using submarines ? Surely they cant keep “ the world “ locked out forever ?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an extra piece of drill pipe/casing stuck in the BOP. Where did it come from? I'm waiting for the government or BP to tell us that the lower well casing was expelled from the well by the force of the explosion. If so, the relief wells may not work. If this is not the case, why then all the renewed interest in a 'top kill'.

There is an extra piece of drill pipe/casing stuck in the BOP. Where did it come from? I'm waiting for the government or BP to tell us that the lower well casing was expelled from the well by the force of the explosion. If so, the relief wells may not work. If this is not the case, why then all the renewed interest in a 'top kill'.

I saw that same question raised a couple of days ago……..

Never mind about an inquiry into the Lockerbie bomber and BP…….lets get some answers to some

serious questions about this matter ! :angry:

Flying as you are in the country , I wondered if you have any knowledge about how long the restrictions will

apply regaring outsiders examining the spill ?

As I understand it, the Obama Government has made it a FELONY offence to go anywhere near the spill and take pictures ( I mean that in itself should ring enough alarm bells – sorry MSM didn’t mean to wake you up :boring: ).

So presumably there will come a time when these restrictions will be lifted ( yes or no ? ) and then perhaps we will see some investigative reporting using submarines ? Surely they cant keep “ the world “ locked out forever ?

:D No I have no inside line to any info.

Funny too that it is as you say & yet rings no real alarms with most folks.

In fact when I am out of the country I actually get better news from various sources if I should watch TV.

At least you get to see/hear more opinions openly stated.

The whole big brother is watching has become more & more the reality. Funny when we were young we always thought that only happens in other countries. Yet things like media control/information suppression & suspension of what we all thought were inalienable rights via vehicles like the patriot act <sic> has really made me wonder where we actually stand these days.

Edited by flying

And now its not only USA that that needs to be worried :(

RISK OF GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE BY BP OIL SPILL by Gianluigi Zangari (National Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN))

www.associazionegeofisica.it/OilSpill.pdf

Abstract: BP Oil Spill may cause an irreparable damage to the Gulf Stream global climate thermoregulation activity.

OilSpill-GULF STREAM.pdf

Even the most egregious example of exaggeration Anderson Cooper has now said "Has the Gulf crisis been overblown?"

and a local professor emeritus when asked where are the underwater plumes says you CAN find them......at concentrations of a a few parts per million......which matches with another "investigation" on AC which had someone lighting up the veins of oil contamination under the sand with UV. Shock horror when they lit up at night! They then took samples of the motherlode, the ricjest streaks of contamination, and came up with 2.5 ppm.

Edited by sleepyjohn

Still worth a punt!?

BP Market Data

CurrencyUK PoundsShare Price425.35p price_up.gifChange Today+1.95p% Change+0.46%52 Week High655.40p52 Week Low302.90pVolume51,590,012Shares Issued18,790mMarket Cap£79,924mBeta0.72RiskGrade264

Im gonna put everything on this horse.;)

• 2 weeks later...

And the government is meant to protect the people :bah:

BP Vessel of Opportunity Workers Allege that Oil Is Not Being Cleaned Up During the Day ... Instead, Corexit Is Being Sprayed at Night

" Dean Blanchard, one of the most important seafood purchasers in Louisiana, recently attended a Town Hall Meeting with a BP representative in Grand Isle, Louisiana. In the meeting, Blanchard stands up and addresses the BP representative at length.

Blanchard had clearly heard enough of BP’s propaganda. To the representatives’ request to have someone explain to him why BP would not want to clean up the oil, Blanchard angrily obliged:

“Because it’s more cost effective for ya’ll to come at night and sink the son-of-a-bitch! When the oil’s coming around, they call ya’ll, they tell ya’ll where the oil’s at, and the first thing ya’ll do is tell them to go the other way, ya’ll send the planes, and ya’ll fukcing sink it! [spray dispersants from the air] That’s what ya’ll are doing, come on man!” He sits back down angrily. “Let’s quit playing over here and tell the truth. Ya’ll are sinking the oil, Jason! You know ya’ll are sinking it. You know what ya’ll are doing. Ya’ll are sending all the boats, you’re putting them all in a group at night, we all hear the planes, and the next morning there’s nothing but white bubbles! What do you think, we’re stupid? We’re not stupid! Ya’ll are putting the oil on the bottom of my fishing grounds! Ya’ll not only messing me up now, ya’ll are messing me up for the rest of my life! I ain’t gonna live long enough to buy anymore shrimp!”

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/bp-vessel-opportunity-workers-allege-corexit-being-sprayed-night

Ya’ll are putting the oil on the bottom of my fishing grounds!

Which is why I always smile when some spin control pilot is interviewed flying over the ocean. They always say ..." See the oil is gone"....Poof

Lets see some pilots of submarines show the ocean beneath the surface

Ya’ll are putting the oil on the bottom of my fishing grounds!

Which is why I always smile when some spin control pilot is interviewed flying over the ocean. They always say ..." See the oil is gone"....Poof

Lets see some pilots of submarines show the ocean beneath the surface

Its hard to keep up with all the crap going on around us today

and I simply couldn't understand why the US government would be so

complicit in this cover up.....people have been calling Thad Allen a liar. :huh:

Could it be as simple as the fact that BP is the largest supplier

of oil to the US army and the government can't afford to create too many

problems ? Even as the people will be dying of all kinds of ailments

as time goes by from exposure to Corexit. I know I would never

eat seafood in that area ever again.

complicit in this cover up.....

I have not read it yet but this early paragraph caught my eye & made me think of what you just posted.....

What has really gone on here?!

In fact, the US Federal Government, a full-blown accomplice, has enabled BP – the perpetrator of a Crime against Humanity, a Crime against the Planet, a Crime against a Nation (USA), a Crime against a Major Body of Water – to completely control its own crime scene. What we have, therefore, are psychopaths, who are in control of the US Government, giving powers to criminally insane sociopaths who are in control of the corporate entity known as BP. Such powers both permit and encourage the criminals to tell (and in many cases order) the innumerable victims of these many crimes, how to cleanup the criminal’s own crime scene.

Article here

Has Yet Another Fraud Been Perpetrated By BP & the US Government Against We The People?!

I have not read it yet but this early paragraph caught my eye & made me think of what you just posted.....

In fact, the US Federal Government, a full-blown accomplice, has enabled BP – the perpetrator of a Crime against Humanity, a Crime against the Planet, a Crime against a Nation (USA), a Crime against a Major Body of Water – to completely control its own crime scene. What we have, therefore, are psychopaths, who are in control of the US Government, giving powers to criminally insane sociopaths who are in control of the corporate entity known as BP. Such powers both permit and encourage the criminals to tell (and in many cases order) the innumerable victims of these many crimes, how to cleanup the criminal’s own crime scene.

Article here

Has Yet Another Fraud Been Perpetrated By BP & the US Government Against We The People?!

This is so depressing. Good article though

As the first comment from the readers - “Brigitte in Paris “ said-

“ What more do you need for a revolution? “ :angry:

Article here

This is so depressing. Good article though

As the first comment from the readers - “Brigitte in Paris “ said-

“ What more do you need for a revolution? “ :angry:

and when another reader said this.." Try to push the issue more than that and you’ll be suicided. "

- Matt Simmons came to mind :ph34r:

Top Expert: Geology is "Fractured", Relief Wells May Fail ...

BP is Using a "Cloak of Silence", Refusing to Share Even Basic Data with the Government

The geology is fractured.

Usually, the deeper you drill, the more pressure it takes to fracture rock. This is called the "fracture gradient".

But when BP was drilling this well, the fracture gradient reversed. Indeed, BP lost all pressure as it drilled into the formation.

WB: Is it possible that this fractured, subsea salt geology will make it difficult to permanently kill the oil leak using relief wells?

Bea: Yes, it could. The Santa Barbara channel seeps are still leaking, decades after the oil well was supposedly capped. This well could keep leaking for years.

FULL STORY HERE :- http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2010/08/top-oil-expert-geology-is-fractured-bp.html

so surely if the well keeps leaking then the US Government can keep fining BP indefinately as the fines are based on the amount of oil leaking ?

Edited by midas

Gulf Oil May Not Degrade for DECADES

Scientists are finding gigantic under oil plumes from the BP spill, including one that is more than 22 miles long, more than a mile wide and 650 feet deep.

On Thursday, Dr. Ian MacDonald and and Dr. Lisa Suatoni testified to a Congressional subcommittee that the oil will stay toxic, and will not degrade much further, for decades.

Edited by midas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

BP Successfully Disposed of the Oil ...

In the Gulf Food Chain :ph34r:

Yes pretty amazing how quiet that whole story got as soon as they sunk that slick below the surface.

But wait there is more ! :o

You can run but you can't hide :ph34r:

The Oil BP Tried To Hide Has Been Discovered In Thick Layers On the Sea Floor Over An Area of

Several Thousand Square Miles :bah:

Under federal direction, about 1.8 million gallons of dispersants were sprayed on the spilled oil in an effort to break it up into tiny droplets that natural ocean microbes could eat up. At the time, officials said the dispersants shouldn't cause oil from the spill to sink to the seafloor. :rolleyes: However, more recently, a federal report said dispersants may have helped some spilled oil sink to the sediment.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2010/12/oil-bp-tried-to-hide-has-been.html

Edited by midas

• 2 weeks later...

Not getting much press but.....

100,000 fish found dead... They say it is only one species so it is not the water, Right

Then New Years eve about 125 miles from that point thousands of birds are falling dead from the sky in Arkansas

Wish I could say it was a stunt but the news is showing pictures.

BP will have been hoping for a fresh start in 2011: a year of quiet recovery, free from the woes that made 2010 such an annus horribilis. But no such luck: it emerged this weekend that there's a leak in the pipeline BP uses to transport oil from Prudhoe Bay in Alaska, forcing it virtually to close down production from what is North America's biggest oil field. Not only is this likely to put a dent in BP's earnings - and by pushing up the oil price, result in us all paying more at the petrol pumps - it's also a major setback for BP's efforts to recast itself as a paragon of best safety practice (this isn't even the first time it's had trouble with this particular pipeline). No wonder, then, that its share price plunged over 2% this morning...

The good news, as far as it goes, is that the human and environmental consequences of this latest leak are likely to be much less serious than those of the Gulf of Mexico explosion. But it’s still, as BP put it, a 'significant event', not least because of the importance of this field. The largest reserve in the US, it accounts for about 15% of all North American oil output. So shutting down 95% of production, for an as yet indeterminate period of time, will lead to a big shortfall in supply for BP - and, to a lesser extent, for the industry as a whole. The inevitable consequence has been a rise in the oil price, which could mean pricier petrol for us poor souls.

BP isn't the only firm that will suffer financially as a result of this shut-down (which, by all accounts, could take as long as a week to fix/ work-around). ConocoPhilips and ExxonMobil both have 36% stakes in the Prudhoe Bay field, and 28% and 20% stakes respectively in the consortium that owns the pipeline. However, BP is the biggest shareholder in the pipeline, and the operator of the field. So it's can't really pin the blame on anyone else. Particularly since it's had trouble with this pipeline before: back in 2006, it nearly had to close the entire field after tests found evidence of corrosion. :whistling:

BP will have been hoping for a fresh start in 2011: a year of quiet recovery, free from the woes that made 2010 such an annus horribilis. But no such luck: it emerged this weekend that there's a leak in the pipeline BP uses to transport oil from Prudhoe Bay in Alaska, forcing it virtually to close down production from what is North America's biggest oil field. Not only is this likely to put a dent in BP's earnings - and by pushing up the oil price, result in us all paying more at the petrol pumps - it's also a major setback for BP's efforts to recast itself as a paragon of best safety practice :huh: (this isn't even the first time it's had trouble with this particular pipeline). No wonder, then, that its share price plunged over 2% this morning...

The good news, as far as it goes, is that the human and environmental consequences of this latest leak are likely to be much less serious than those of the Gulf of Mexico explosion. But it’s still, as BP put it, a 'significant event', not least because of the importance of this field. The largest reserve in the US, it accounts for about 15% of all North American oil output. So shutting down 95% of production, for an as yet indeterminate period of time, will lead to a big shortfall in supply for BP - and, to a lesser extent, for the industry as a whole. The inevitable consequence has been a rise in the oil price, which could mean pricier petrol for us poor souls.

BP isn't the only firm that will suffer financially as a result of this shut-down (which, by all accounts, could take as long as a week to fix/ work-around). ConocoPhilips and ExxonMobil both have 36% stakes in the Prudhoe Bay field, and 28% and 20% stakes respectively in the consortium that owns the pipeline. However, BP is the biggest shareholder in the pipeline, and the operator of the field. So it's can't really pin the blame on anyone else. Particularly since it's had trouble with this pipeline before: back in 2006, it nearly had to close the entire field after tests found evidence of corrosion. :whistling:

By the time the litigation against this Company ends it will have such a

bad name that it will have to change its name just like Union Carbide India Limited,

Phillip Morris ,ValuJet,Worldcom - all companies that tried to distance themselves

from catastrophe or bad feeling.

Talk about the Houdini of companies....

BP and Russia in Arctic oil deal

/* -1 && userAgent.search("version/3.") > -1) && !(userAgent.search("windows") > -1 && userAgent.search("safari") > -1 && userAgent.search("version/4.") > -1) && userAgent.search("android") == -1) { bbc.fmtj.av.emp.loadProxyPlayer("emp-12197215-167425"); }else{ bbc.fmtj.av.emp.loadEmp("emp-12197215-167425"); } });/*]]>*/_50811386_bpzoom.jpg Click to play

Click to play

BP's chief executive Bob Dudley: ''This is a historic moment for BP''

Continue reading the main story

US Oil Spill

BP has signed a joint venture with Russian energy firm Rosneft to exploit potentially huge deposits of oil and gas in Russia's Arctic shelf.

The "strategic global alliance" will see the firms exchange expertise in exploring the region.

As part of the deal Rosneft will take 5% of BP's shares in exchange for approximately 9.5% of Rosneft's shares.

It is BP's first deal since the Deepwater Horizon spill last year, which cost it billions.

The BP shares stake is worth just under $8bn (£5bn).

"BP executives see this as the first piece of good news since that disastrous oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico last April," said the BBC's business editor Robert Peston.

But he said the deal was a controversial one, with Russia not seen as an entirely transparent society nor as as a stable place to do business.

'Historic' "This unique agreement underlines our long-term, strategic and deepening links with the world's largest hydrocarbon-producing nation," said BP's chief executive Bob Dudley.

Analysis

_49228036_robertpeston.jpg Robert Peston Business editor, BBC News For BP executives it's a hugely exciting moment - the first bit of what they see as seriously good news since that devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico last April.

For BP what matters is that the area of the Russian Arctic to be explored has the potential to produce as much oil as the North Sea in its heyday.

But the deal will be hugely contentious.

First Russia is widely viewed as not a desperately stable environment for Western businesses.

Second it involves Rosneft, Russia's biggest oil company, taking a 5% stake in BP worth just under £5bn.

Rosneft is 75% owned by the Russian government.

So it will look to many as though the Russian government is taking a 5% stake in a company with strategically important oil reserves all over the world, including - of course - the US.

He said the "historic" deal would "create value, deliver growth, and meet the world's demand for energy".

Mr Dudley said the agreement would meet the needs of consumers, shareholders and governments.

The firms will explore in three areas - known as EPNZ 1,2,3 - on the Russian Arctic continental shelf.

The areas covers 125,000 square kilometres in an area of the South Kara Sea.

"Our future joint venture will utilize the experience and expertise of BP, one of the leaders in the global oil and gas industry," said Rosneft's President, Eduard Khudainatov.

"This project is unique in its complexity and scale both for Russia and the global oil and gas industry. We see it as the next step in developing our relations with BP."

'Unexplored' Referring to the Deepwater Horizon blast Mr Dudley said that the firm had "learned many lessons over the past year".

He also said the Russian deal had not been precipitated by the backlash it had experienced in the US because of the Gulf of Mexico spill.

“Start Quote

We are creating an entirely new strategic alliance between what I know are two great companies”

End Quote Bob Dudley BP chief executive Since the rig disaster in the US Gulf of Mexico BP has been disposing of assets.

Mr Dudley is the former chief executive of Russian joint venture TNK-BP, and was forced out of the country in 2008 after falling out with other shareholders.

But he said he was pleased to now be working with Rosneft in "one of the world's last remaining unexplored basins".

"We are today building a relationship between BP and Rosneft that has been forged over 12 years but going far beyond anything that has gone before," he said.

"We are creating an entirely new strategic alliance between what I know are two great companies."

Joint research /* -1 && userAgent.search("version/3.") > -1) && !(userAgent.search("windows") > -1 && userAgent.search("safari") > -1 && userAgent.search("version/4.") > -1) && userAgent.search("android") == -1) { bbc.fmtj.av.emp.loadProxyPlayer("emp-12197931-167426"); }else{ bbc.fmtj.av.emp.loadEmp("emp-12197931-167426"); } });/*]]>*/_50811416_huhne.jpg Click to play

Click to play

UK Energy Secretary Chris Huhne: ''It's a ground-breaking deal''

BP and Rosneft have also agreed to set-up an Arctic technology centre in Russia which will work with Russian and international research institutes to develop technologies for the extraction of hydrocarbon resources from the Arctic shelf.

UK Energy Secretary Chris Huhne hailed the agreement as a groundbreaking development.

"From what we know, it sounds like it's potentially good for BP," said Phil Weiss, analyst at New York equities firm Argus Research.

"BP gets access to resources, Rosneft gets access to expertise and knowledge."

However in the US Congressman Edward Markey, who is leading Democrat on the House Natural Resources Committee, called for a review of the deal by US regulators.

Return to profit BP had a terrible 2010 with the Gulf of Mexico spill, which is going to cost them at least $40bn.

But in November BP announced it was back in profit in the three months to September after last quarter' s record loss.

The firm said its replacement cost profit for the period was $1.85bn (£1.15bn), as against the $17bn loss recorded from April to June.

The previous loss reflected the massive costs of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill crisis.

No need to be Harry Houdini, when the main reason the share price fell so much was due to the British hating President Umbongo attempts to ruin the company through the media to take the heat off himself.

Edited by Englander

No need to be Harry Houdini, when the main reason the share price fell so much was due to the British hating President Umbongo attempts to ruin the company through the media to take the heat off himself.

I disagree !

First there was the fire in Texas , then Gulf oil spill ....now Alsaka

and you dont hear about incidents like this so frequently regarding other oil companies ?

BP’s “Pattern of Neglect and Corner-Cutting”

Two major, damning reports have surfaced that may make it impossible for BP’s reputation to ever recover. The spill itself was a major hurdle, but now we are seeing documents that “portray a company that systemically ignored its own safety policies” as well as first-hand accounts from Deepwater Horizon explosion survivors that company decision makers on the oil rig may have prioritized revenue over safety. :bah:

http://www.riskmanagementmonitor.com/bps-pattern-of-neglect-and-corner-cutting/

I disagree !

First there was the fire in Texas , then Gulf oil spill ....now Alsaka

and you dont hear about incidents like this so frequently regarding other oil companies ?

BP's "Pattern of Neglect and Corner-Cutting"

Two major, damning reports have surfaced that may make it impossible for BP's reputation to ever recover. The spill itself was a major hurdle, but now we are seeing documents that "portray a company that systemically ignored its own safety policies" as well as first-hand accounts from Deepwater Horizon explosion survivors that company decision makers on the oil rig may have prioritized revenue over safety. :bah:

http://www.riskmanag...corner-cutting/

As someone who works in the oil industry i find their safety record an insult to workers and the management should be held to account in court with some serving long jail sentences, but at the end of the day human life is less important then the bottom line when it comes to share price, and it seems as if Hayward was correct when he said the oil leak would be cleaned up by the ocean and Umbongo was getting excited and exaggerating the leak for his own political cause.

• 1 month later...

Talk about the Houdini of companies....

I think it is just a bit premature to compare BP with Houdini :cheesy:

Here we go AGAIN !!

BP shuts Alaska pipeline after leak

BP shares fall 2.5% and oil prices rise on news :rolleyes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/jan/10/bp-shuts-alaska-pipeline-after-leak

Definately NOT Houdini because they will not be able to escape from all the lies they have

tried to spin :bah:

Scientist finds Gulf bottom still oily, dead

That report is at odds with a recent report by the BP spill compensation czar that said nearly all will be well by 2012. :rolleyes:

http://www.greenwala.com/green-news/13626-Scientist-finds-Gulf-bottom-still-oily-dead