Buying Bp Shares Right Now!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I still wonder what it looks like.......The ocean floor/ state of sea life in that area

What ever happened to all the environmentalist? America use to have so many...

Some like greenpeace had quite a bit of funding. Some had mini subs etc.

pic01.jpg

Is none of them curious as to the

state of the sea life or the ocean floor in that area?

Or is it still a felony to be in the area? Even that article that Midas posted is 10 miles from the site..

I am just surprised by the lack of coverage/interest...

Edited by flying

What the need for Oil does to this world is indescribable from wars to pollution.

The sooner everyones driving solar panelled cars the better, the technology is there but is suppressed by the likes of BT etc

Exxon-Mobil has partnred with J Craig Ventner in an algal bio-fuel partnership. Ventner was the key figure in mapping the human genome. That may be a good play all the way around. As a tag-along gamble, I might invest with them rather than a troubled BP. Not sure.

EDIT to add; $500 Million investment by Exxon-Mobil.(spellings may be wrong, just from memory)

Edited by ding

• 1 month later...

On Channel 4 tonight BP: In Deep Water

BP is one of the largest companies in the world and plays an important role in the British economy through UK pension funds, the billions of pounds of tax it pays and as a major employer in the UK.

A year on from the start of the oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, journalist Greg Palast examines the role of BP in this spill as well as similar incidents in the past and examines its contracts with oil-producing nations and relationship with the British government.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/episode-guide/series-86/episode-1

What the need for Oil does to this world is indescribable from wars to pollution.

The sooner everyones driving solar panelled cars the better, the technology is there but is suppressed by the likes of BT etc

the same applies to condoms which do not rupture :whistling:

The Obama administration has issued a gag order on data over the recent spike of dead dolphins, including many stillborn infants, washing up on Mississippi and Alabama shorelines, and scientists say the restriction undermines the scientific process.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/305096#ixzz1HxDYlSy1

But under what authority can the President issue a gag order like this ?

It seems a number of environmentalists want to sue BP for making the spill even more toxic.

Surely the attorneys for the Plaintiff's have a right to access ALL the evidence

to be able to maximise their chances of winning their case against BP.

So I wonder if they can appeal to the courts to be allowed to see the

evidence Obama is trying to hide from the public ( no not the birth certificate :rolleyes: )

" After finding out about the use of toxic dispersants by BP in the Gulf

to clean the oil spill, environmentalists are gearing up to sue the company

for making the spill even more toxic than before.

On Wednesday, Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., introduced “Safe Dispersants Act”

to check the use of dispersants to clean oil spill in the Gulf

"We now have compelling evidence that the dispersant has enhanced

and increased the toxicity from the spill," said Dr. William Sawyer,

a toxicologist and a member of team of scientists hired by law firms

representing Louisiana fishermen and environmentalists.

http://www.themoneytimes.com/featured/20100731/bp-using-dispersants-disproportionately-gulf-clean-oil-spill-id-10122775.html

Edited by midas

It seems a number of environmentalists want to sue BP for making the spill even more toxic.

That is why I always wondered what I mentioned in this post

Is the area still off limits?

Seems to me some environmental group would take a mini sub in there & show us the floor.

Sheesh in the days gone by they were never shy about placing themselves in harms way of whalers etc.

Why not go look at the ocean floor in that area? I have a feeling we would all be shocked at what lays there

corexit_dees.jpg

That is why I always wondered what I mentioned in this post

Is the area still off limits?

Seems to me some environmental group would take a mini sub in there & show us the floor.

Well it seems to me this is still in force :-

" Violators of the oil spill safety zone could be subject to civil penalty fines up to $40,000 and willful violations could result in being prosecuted for committing a class D felony."

And on another website it says

" CLASS D FELONY

For a Class D Felony, the penalty is a fine of up to $100,000, or imprisonment of up to 25 years :o , or both; however, for a repeat offender, the term of imprisonment may increase up to 2 years with prior misdemeanor convictions, and up to 6 years with a prior felony conviction."

Unreal isn't it :blink:

• 2 weeks later...