Water Rocket Festival

Crossy

OK, OK, so I've been looking at the UBC 'Red Screen of Death' during the tennis :o

I spotted the water rocket stuff (in Thai) and waited for the English version........

Anyone got the lowdown on this??

Looks like good clean, wet, fun. :D Safer than the 'Festival of Fireworks' I saw last year on Thai International (we were in Belgium at the time), remember seeing some guys with what looked like an oil drum attached to a palm tree, it was a bottle rocket, flew too but I would not like to be near where it came down :D

OK, OK, so I've been looking at the UBC 'Red Screen of Death' during the tennis  :o

I spotted the water rocket stuff (in Thai) and waited for the English version........

Looks like good clean, wet, fun.  :D  Safer than the 'Festival of Fireworks' I saw last year on Thai International (we were in Belgium at the time), remember seeing some guys with what looked like an oil drum attached to a palm tree, it was a bottle rocket, flew too but I would not like to be near where it came down  :D

Normally it's in May in Yasathon. They attracted a much bigger field this year with teams from all over Asia. The origin is supposed to be to fire rockets into the sky to herald the begginning of the rainy season. I have been told the rockets are supposed to break the clouds. I have seen that on UBC as well and I assumed it was typical Thai, not advertising the event till after it happened. Maybe it's for a different one though. I don't think the Yasathon one is water rockets.

OK, OK, so I've been looking at the UBC 'Red Screen of Death' during the tennis  :o

Looks like good clean, wet, fun.  :D  Safer than the 'Festival of Fireworks' I saw last year on Thai International (we were in Belgium at the time), remember seeing some guys with what looked like an oil drum attached to a palm tree, it was a bottle rocket, flew too but I would not like to be near where it came down  :D

Im not sure that what i understand about " water rocket" is the same stuff that u ment.

Thailand Water Rocket Championship example.. 13th-17th July from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. At Mae Jo University ..basically this contest you can find from University or Institue ..

or...do you mean"Thailand Rocket Festival" (Ngan Bun Bung Fai) at Yasothon

Bambi

Edited by BambinA

You are spot on BambinA, Mae Jo it is.

OK, next question.

Where is Mae Jo University.... somewhere in Thailand I assume :D

Edit: Looks like Chiang mai ..... too far for us to go :o

Edited by Crossy