Fedex Envelop From Usa To Thailand

gguy

A friend is going to sent me some credit cards and ATM cards and correspondence via FEDEX envelop from USA to Thailand.

What is the best description for the shipping label? I usually say business documents and value of $1.00 (FEDEx requires a value). I want to avoid any Thai customs hassles.

Thanks.

GGUY

Suggest your buddy check with the local post office for their PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL "pouch." Up to four pounds in a good sized semi ridged envelope, for $13.45 AIRMAIL. My sister sends me magazines this way, and the occasional credit or debit card, never lost one, yet. Have him buy 2-3 magazines just to bulk out the envelope.

http://www.usps.com/international/prioritymailinternational.htm

Ask him to put the contents, including the magazines, in a light plastic bag from the local supermarket as sometimes the envelopes do get a wee bit damaged in transit. See attached. But, still, never a real problem with these.

Got one enroute now, mailed from Oregon Thursday afternoon, might be in here next Wednesday-Friday.

Mac

post-32650-083879400 1279417715_thumb.jp

"Documents, personal correspondence."

Works with FedEx from USA and DHL from Europe, 3 days from pickup to delivery.

^ Looks like that USPS package went through the mill. FedEx and DHL have always been in good nick when delivered.

I use a birthday card envelope to mail credit cards. Just buy a large birthday card with its envelope that clearly looks like a birthday card, tape the credit card on its inside. Put the whole thing in the fedex / ups / post envelope and send it labeling it as birthday greeting card value $2.99.

US postal services look good but I would like to track package. Global express by US post delivered by FEDEX is about same price as FEDEX.

I prefer to avoid the Thai post office for really important material.