Amart And Prai (A Commentary)

SomTumTiger

I just read the best Thailand editorial ever - by one of the best columists in Thailand Voranai Vanijaka. Wow - this man has his ideas in order! Since they don't allow links - go to the bangkok post website, and ready the article for yourself Amart v Prai. Its currently on the front page of the website.

Edited by SomTumTiger
Links to Bangkok Post are not permitted (their rule, not ours)

I think the shocking part of the article is that you can read it in a Thai newspaper.

Thailand is one of the last feudal societies and when it finally evolves it will go towards Marxism or towards free enterprise, but either way it won't be pretty for the short term.

'SomTumTiger' date='2010-07-18 09:49' timestamp='1279421395' post='3756046''WinnieTheKhwai' date='2010-07-18 09:31' timestamp='1279420266' post='3756011']

Nice article/speech, but not exactly ground-breaking.

Perhaps you could show me another example that proves your suppositions?

Wow , the absolute gall of the man , a poster passes comment on the way he appreciates an article , and he has to PROVE his personal suppositions to a person whom is also "Just another poster " on an open forum , he obviously has his own suppositions on whom he thinks he is , what are we to do with this 'Demi-god' before he starts making similar demands for us lesser beings to kneel before his all knowing personage .

_____________An opinion is simply that___________-AN OPINION ________-learn to live with the fact all people do not think alike ___________-THANK GOODNESS ________-try to live your own life ___________!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the shocking part of the article is that you can read it in a Thai newspaper.

Thailand is one of the last feudal societies and when it finally evolves it will go towards Marxism or towards free enterprise, but either way it won't be pretty for the short term.

More than a slight exaggeration methinks? This man's excellent articles are published regularly in the Bangkok Post. Take a look at his work, you will see that he is unafraid to speak his mind on any subject, however sensitive it may be.

For me, the best journalist in Thailand, Thai or expat.

Elwood

Wow , the absolute gall of the man , a poster passes comment on the way he appreciates an article , and he has to PROVE his personal suppositions to a person whom is also "Just another poster " on an open forum , he obviously has his own suppositions on whom he thinks he is , what are we to do with this 'Demi-god' before he starts making similar demands for us lesser beings to kneel before his all knowing personage .

_____________An opinion is simply that___________-AN OPINION ________-learn to live with the fact all people do not think alike ___________-THANK GOODNESS ________-try to live your own life ___________!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks - He said the article was not groundbreaking - I asked to him to show another article in the same vein, to prove his point. That is not opinion, is it evidence to support an assertion. Lol Glad to see I managed to spoil your day, however, lol, I'm sure it happens to you on a regular basis. If the name fits...

Edited by SomTumTiger

More than a slight exaggeration methinks? This man's excellent articles are published regularly in the Bangkok Post. Take a look at his work, you will see that he is unafraid to speak his mind on any subject, however sensitive it may be.

Elwood

Ok fair enough, I am not familiar with his work as I have come to understand that the term Thai Journalist is usually an oxymoron, and therefore I don't read Thai papers very often

This is my favourite part, which I have always believed to be the possible root cause for the nation's inability to change:

The Ministry of Culture's existence is to censor thoughts and expressions. The ICT Ministry's primary purpose isn't to develop communication or technology, but to ban websites. Education reform? Try cultural reform first.

Elwood

Agree very much on your point, that is, that finally more and more - with similar opinions, coma up and replace the "Amart-system" a grown society will not and cannot be changed with the snip of a finger, and I still think that the "red shirts" finally got usurped for one mans purpose, their aim is outright dangerous, it will change by it's very self.

One day people will not anymore bow down just because of status, money, influence, but it will take time, same with education...100 years ago much of the "Western Culture Societies have been very different then today's, in fact it was very, very similar, Housemaids and employees greeted their Employers with "Master", same children their mother, father and teachers!... :rolleyes: