Amazon Falls

PattayaParent

In the latest copy of Thailand Construction News there's a piece about Amazon Falls that's due to open in December this year.<BR><BR>Judging by the amount of attractions it's going to break all records for fast track construction or more likely be completed December 2011 (or 2012) <BR><BR>Anyone know about it? My first thought is it's part of "The Beaches" development.<BR><BR>Edit: to add TCN article

post-51760-084817200 1279424944_thumb.jp

Edited by PattayaParent

I drove past 'The Beaches' site yesterday, it certainly is a hive of activity so could well be the project mentioned. I'll get some pics next time I go by there.

It has been rumoured for a long time that there was going to be a 1000 rai "waterpark" built behind where Makro and Underwater World are, between Sukhumvit and Jomtien 2nd road??? in there perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...

They got a website running on: http://www.amazonwaterpark.com/ (if forum rules permit....)

In the website they do give a map location as 888 Moo 8 Na Jomtien. (gotta love those numbers)

Seemingly its quite far from Pattaya, according the map, its even further than nongnooch.

Na... according to the map, it's just off from the railroad track on the road to Nong Nooch. From what I can see, it's no where close to 1000 rai, nor is it part of The Beaches. If anything, it's part of Nong Nooch. It does not appear to be in Ban Sarey. Definitely Na Jomtien as the address indicates.

What's interesting is from what I can see in Google Earth, the area nearby has been subdivided into a lot of soi's, like a future Moo Ban. Or maybe, it's just the nursery for Nong Nooch.

The postal code is for the Ban Amphur post office which is not far away. However according to the addresses Nong Noogh is in Moo 7. The water park is in Moo 8.

Edited by BB1950

Today, I drove around the area shown on the website map.

Not a hint of construction around. The roads shown on Google Earth are indeed roads in Nong Nooch's nursery.

Looks like another one of the 'pie in the sky' projects around Pattaya. Believe it when you see it.

It's easy to put up a website, following through the project is another thing.

Edited by BB1950

Today, I drove around the area shown on the website map.

Not a hint of construction around. The roads shown on Google Earth are indeed roads in Nong Nooch's nursery.

Looks like another one of the 'pie in the sky' projects around Pattaya. Believe it when you see it.

It's easy to put up a website, following through the project is another thing.

Maybe you're looking in the wrong place. I think the project is on Sukhumvit Road around KM 163. There is construction on that site, I think.

^The map on the Amazon Falls website show it where BB1950 was looking, not on Sukhumvit.

Correct!

I did notice some construction on the side of the hill just to the North of Nong Nooch. Also they were clearing land to the South of the Wat on Sukhumvit. But neither of those places were close the location indicated on the Amazon Falls website.

A heck of a lot of development has gone on inside Nong Nooch during the past 3-4 years, including dozens of bungalows and apartments being built.

Seems the place is trying to promote itself as a resort venue rather than just the gardens and shows. (IMHO-the gardens are fantastic, by the way)

I wonder whether this water park is part of the Nong Nooch empire.

On the other hand, I heard that 'The Beaches' also own a very large piece of land on the east side of Sukhumvit Road - opposite the main site and stretching right back to Nong Nooch gardens.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing something like this in the area - plenty of young people around here need jobs.

PS- BB1950, any chance of you pasting a copy ogf that map on here. When I used the link to Amazon Falls it was taking so long to load that I had to cancel and reboot my PC. - Thanks

Edited by chickenslegs

PS- BB1950, any chance of you pasting a copy ogf that map on here. When I used the link to Amazon Falls it was taking so long to load that I had to cancel and reboot my PC. - Thanks

I would be more than happy, if only I knew how. The map appears to be an interactive Google map using Adobe Flash player. My right click Firefox content menu is disabled on the entire page. All I get is the Adobe Flash player context menu wherever I right click.

The entire website for Amazon Falls seems to be nothing but Adobe Flash player multimedia content (including menus) which is why it loads and works so slowly.

The only thing I can give you are the GPS coordinates that I got from Google Earth by comparing their map to Google Earth.

Latitude: 12°46'24.01"N

Longitude: 100°55'27.33"E

I tried doing a search on Google Maps, but it was not listed. However if you search for:

12°46'24.01"N,100°55'27.33"E

in Google Maps, it will point to roughly the same place as shown on their map.

If someone knows how to get just the map link from the Amazon Falls website, please advise. I'm sure there are others who would like to know.

Edited by BB1950

I found this link on YouTube which is a collection of artist conception Video Trailer clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quEU7JZIKUM

In the Video clip it mentions that it will be opening in November 2010 and is located in Ban Saray.

In the video, it appears to be a pretty extensive water theme park. Which means it should be very well under construciton by now and easily identifiable. There also appears to be a difference in their advertised locations, YouTube videos mention Ban Saray, Their website mentions Na Jomtien. There should be a lot more information available and promotional bill boards appearing around the site area by now. Something is amiss.

I would be more than happy, if only I knew how. The map appears to be an interactive Google map using Adobe Flash player. My right click Firefox content menu is disabled on the entire page. All I get is the Adobe Flash player context menu wherever I right click.

The entire website for Amazon Falls seems to be nothing but Adobe Flash player multimedia content (including menus) which is why it loads and works so slowly.

The only thing I can give you are the GPS coordinates that I got from Google Earth by comparing their map to Google Earth.

Latitude: 12°46'24.01"N

Longitude: 100°55'27.33"E

I tried doing a search on Google Maps, but it was not listed. However if you search for:

12°46'24.01"N,100°55'27.33"E

in Google Maps, it will point to roughly the same place as shown on their map.

If someone knows how to get just the map link from the Amazon Falls website, please advise. I'm sure there are others who would like to know.

Thanks for the coordinates.

That area isn't part of 'The Beaches', as far as I can tell. But it may be part of Nong Nooch - certainly, all the land to the east (over the railway line) belongs to Nong Nooch, so it wouldn't surprise me if this land was part of the 'empire' as well.

I would say that the likelihood of having a water park up and running there before the end of the year is zero.

But, there's a lot of activity at 'The Beaches' just now, 20-30 workers on site every day. where they always said there would be a water park.

Edited by chickenslegs

Aha! I finally learned how to add an image to a post. Getting a screen capture wasn't the problem as I have Windows 7.

These are map screen captures from Amazon Falls website:

Note: the roads shown on the images are part of Nong Nooch's nursery.

Edited by BB1950

Great...just what I need...more huge buses up and down Suk. It's already a problem getting from one side to the other. I eat across from the Ambassador fairly often...you should watch those Russians run when trying to cross Suk...and I don't blame them! It's a very dangerous stretch of road...especially at night.

Some friends of ours are the people behind this, it is to be Asia's largest waterpark and the plans are impressive, it is being built to EU standards and is foreign owned. At present the largest waterpark in Asia is Sunway in KL and this will be at least twice the size.

Edited by seadoo

So can you ask your friends to tell you where the location is?

And how they will complete something that massive from scratch in the next 4 months?

Well, they do show pics of people "walking" on water!!;)

But, there's a lot of activity at 'The Beaches' just now, 20-30 workers on site every day. where they always said there would be a water park.

20-30 workers on site every day is not enough workers to complete a project this massive in 4 months.

Judging by the number of reports of fraud with 'The Beaches', I would more likely think the activity at 'The Beaches', is an attempt to 'save face'.

I too, would like seadoo to reveal a little more information on where 'Amazon Falls' is actually located.

So far, I'm only seeing nothing but hype with both projects.

20-30 workers on site every day is not enough workers to complete a project this massive in 4 months.

Judging by the number of reports of fraud with 'The Beaches', I would more likely think the activity at 'The Beaches', is an attempt to 'save face'.

I too, would like seadoo to reveal a little more information on where 'Amazon Falls' is actually located.

So far, I'm only seeing nothing but hype with both projects.

I'd hazard a guess that the pin has been stuck in the wrong place on that map, and the water park will be part of The Beaches.

• 1 year later...

Cartoon Network 'Amazone'.........Subsidiary of CNN News. Bang Saray.

Looks like it's gonna happen.

Its 19 Rai and headed up by a Canadian...yes its happening but dont expect completion till next year

Edited by PattayaPhom

I have passed the place numerous times over the last 2 years and I think if I worked on the project from its inception I would have been 50% further with the construction if I had just done it on my own with the GF mixing the mortar...