PM Abhisit: Laws May Be Amended To Find Balance Of Controlling Internet-Based Media

webfact

PM: Laws may be amended to find balance of controlling Internet-based media

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said Sunday that the government may have to "improve" several pieces of law to find a balance for controlling Internet-based media.

Speaking during his weekly TV programme, the prime minister admitted that sometimes the authorities took too harsh actions against Internet-based media.

But sometimes, Internet users expressed too severe opinions.

He said the government would have to find a balance and several pieces of law might have to be improved.

Such laws include the Information Act, the defamation law and the computer crime act.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-07-18

What does this mean:

Speaking during his weekly TV programme, the prime minister admitted that sometimes the authorities took too harsh actions against Internet-based media.

More censorship? Now internet users shouldn't be able to voice their opinion as it is deemed to be too severe by whom? One step forward and two steps back...

What does this mean:

More censorship? Now internet users shouldn't be able to voice their opinion as it is deemed to be too severe by whom? One step forward and two steps back...

Can you kindly read the article before you post.

What does this mean:

Can you kindly read the article before you post.

I think it was obvious to anyone other than you, I did read the article and asked what was meant by the comment, I quoted. Instead of making the rather lame comment you made about me, why don't you make a comment on the article...