Tefl In Issan

MJP

Hello Teachers,

A Thai friend fluent in English and Spanish was looking for someone to teach his daughter English but doesn't go for this 'English teacher' con where the teachers aren't bilingual in Thai and English.

I recommended he teach her himself, but also thought a TEFL course may help in first training him in the best teaching methods and practice.

Anyone know of TEFL courses around the Roi-Et area or if distance learning is available?

Thanks.

The use of English only classrooms is far from a con, particulary for the more advanced students. Having said that, I do personally beleive there is a place for using a student's native language where appropriate.

There are a number of on-line TEFL courses available which may be a good idea in the situation you've outlined. If you have a quick Google you should find some ideas.

The use of English only classrooms is far from a con, particulary for the more advanced students.  Having said that, I do personally beleive there is a place for using a student's native language where appropriate.

There are a number of on-line TEFL courses available which may be a good idea in the situation you've outlined.  If you have a quick Google you should find some ideas.

It was his opinion which I did find hard to disagree with. That aside I did find some online courses which seem suitable, it's just getting hold of appropriate teaching materials as well that I'm looking for now.

It's embarrassing enough when I struggle to respond in Thai to this chap, even worse when he starts speaking Spanish to really rub it in. :lol: