What'S The Most User Friendly E Reader For A 92 Yr Old Man?

jaideeguy

My 92 yr old Pop that I am caregiving still likes to read, but choices of 2nd hand 'dead tree' books are limited in LOS and I am considering one of those new fangled e readers [kindle, etc], but with his old age and forgetfulness [dementia] and lack of learning new tech skills I wonder if he could master an e reader and which would be the best in terms of user friendliness and available content here.

I admit that I am a dummy with these new devices.....having never seen them except on photos and advertisements.

Is anyone famaliar with them and can give me a rundown and recomendation for the most user friendly models???

Kindle is reported to be the most readable device and service. Be careful before purchase and confirm they will download ebooks to Thailand. I suspect they will not.

I tried to read from a kindle and found it difficult. Not difficult to use, but it's not the same as reading a book.

I love my ipad but for a 92 year old.... Kindle is supposed to be better for pure reading but I think plain old paper back books is probably better.

Do you know that Amazon ships to Thailand? You can get any book in the world, just have to wait a week or so.

With my US based account, i have ordered from Amazon USA, Amazon UK, and Amazon Germany, shipped to Thailand. All with minimum fuss, 1 click shopping. No problems at customs.

I have also ordered DVDs...

So I recommend Amazon.

Edited by nikster

Kindle can increase the print size and even read for him.

At the worst it may mean you have to select te book for him.

It may be better to get the large size Kindle as that way oncreased font sizes are not a problem.

Amazon ships to Thailand.

search on google for "kindle Thai", price is almost the same.

as for connectivity, the kindle have 3g connection, and on the website you can chose what country you belong to.

i use the Thai amazon, and a kasikorn webcard without problems, and when it is first setup, you do not need to use a computer again, you can buy and download directly from the kindle.

the font is changeable, so you can adjust to what size you prefer, but you should probably chose the DX, for the screensize.