Getting A New 1 Yr Multiple Entry Type "O" Visa

My 1 year multi-entry visa type "O" visa expires end of September. Can do a last visa run just before and get 3 months to take me to end of year.

Also have a flight lined up out of the country to the UK just before. But keen to maybe avoid going back as I essentially would just be shaking a few hands and then return as plans are now.

And don't have a place to stay there, so it'll be costly as will the return flight. So, my question:

What's the best place/way to get a new 1 year multi-entry type "O" visa without returning to the UK?

Ideally, it would be as easy at the Hull consulate, ie. not take more than a couple of days and not be more expensive either (approx. 5000THB)

Would they allow me to do it from a hotel address in say Phnom Penh through Thai embassy there?

As I posted in other posts on this.

Perth Australia is very easy, I did take an copy of a friends i.d + an invitation letter, but this was not needed. I went for 5 days and went Thai Air [20,300 baht with all tax, and 6 hr 40 mins direct flight]

If you book at least 3 months in advance there are other non direct flight costing under 15,000 baht return... Email the Consulate she will send you all the Forms + make an appointment [Open Tuesdays and Thursdays] and you can have you new Visa the same day.. Go in at 9am and pick up at 2pm.... There are flights that arrive early morning and leave the same evening if you did not want to stay... From Perth Airport get the 'Connect' bus [buy a return as much cheaper than 2 singles] ask for 'Four Seasons Hotel' the Thai Consulate is on the other side of the road..

If you go there and only for the day, walk down the hill to the water front is nice, or hop on the FREE bus and do a tour around the City

Visa for Australia is valid for 1 year and is Free + you can do it online, again very simple.

Edit: 1 year Visa Multi '0' for Thailand is 225 $AU..........

Friend on a tight budget paid the total of 21,000 baht for the trip.. Visa, flights, meals, drinks etc.. Much cheaper than going to the UK

Edited by ignis
  • Like 1

Perth Australia is very easy, I did take an copy of a friends i.d + an invitation letter, but this was not needed. I went for 5 days and went Thai Air [20,300 baht with all tax, and 6 hr 40 mins direct flight]

If you book at least 3 months in advance there are other non direct flight costing under 15,000 baht return... Email the Consulate she will send you all the Forms + make an appointment [Open Tuesdays and Thursdays] and you can have you new Visa the same day.. Go in at 9am and pick up at 2pm.... There are flights that arrive early morning and leave the same evening if you did not want to stay... From Perth Airport get the 'Connect' bus [buy a return as much cheaper than 2 singles] ask for 'Four Seasons Hotel' the Thai Consulate is on the other side of the road..

If you go there and only for the day, walk down the hill to the water front is nice, or hop on the FREE bus and do a tour around the City

Visa for Australia is valid for 1 year and is Free + you can do it online, again very simple.

Edit: 1 year Visa Multi '0' for Thailand is 225 $AU..........

Friend on a tight budget paid the total of 21,000 baht for the trip.. Visa, flights, meals, drinks etc.. Much cheaper than going to the UK

Very informative post, thanks.

Posted Today, 07:42

Perth Australia is very easy, I did take an copy of a friends i.d + an invitation letter, but this was not needed

Could you advise when you did this? As it seems to contradict other reports from recent visitors and the Perth web site information below:

Non-Immigrant Type O

- Additional Visa Application Form for Non Immigrant 'O' Visa

- All applicants are required to show residential/hotel address for Western Australia i.e. visitors must have at least a one night stop over in Perth

- In cases where the applicant wishes to visit his wife the application must be supported by a photocopy of a marriage certificate as well as a copy of the wife's passport or Identity Card.

- In cases of visits to "partners" the application must be accompanied by a photocopy of the partner's Thai I.D. card/passport

- If the visit is not connected with wives/partners the reasons for the visit must be in writing. Consideration will be given by this office to issuing a double or triple Tourist Visa instead of a Non Immigrant visa.

- A photocopy of a birht certificate of applicant's child (if using applicant's children as a sponsor for the visa)

- An official recommendation letter from organization perform voluntary job in Thailand.

- The issuing of Non Immigrant 'O' Visae is at the discretion of the Honorary Consul-General or Honorary Consul.

Believe part of the process is an overnight stay proof in a Perth hotel so expect that would rule out fly in/apply/leave the same day. I do not know how they issue but believe it is day of application but others should be able to confirm and they have contact as below.

22 July 2010

Royal Thai Consulate - General

Western Australia

Address :

Royal Thai

Consulate - General

Level 8

14 Victoria Avenue

Perth WA 6000

Tel No. : (08) 9221-3237

Fax No. : (08) 9221-1635

E-Mail :

[email protected]

Business Hours:

Tue and Thu : 9.00 am-4.00 pm.

Mon, Wed and Fri :

By appointment

Hi,

i am also thinking of going to Perth to get my Non-Immigrant O Visa.

The big QUESTION is;Do you get your visa the same day?.

Yes as long as you make an appointment.. phone or email and you will be on the list for same day collection

Could you advise when you did this? As it seems to contradict other reports from recent visitors and the Perth web site information below:

I went in March so 4 months ago.

As I said I did take an copy of a friends i.d + an invitation letter, but this was not needed she handed them back to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be potentially retarded here, but: Why Perth?

I just looked at the Thai embassy in Singapore and it seems possible to apply to for a new 1 year visa from there (I hold a 2 year pass to Singapore also).

The only thing I don't get, is that for the "Long Stay" visa, it states as the first requirement that I'm above 50 years of age (I'm not).

Anyone successfully gotten a new visa like this out of Singapore?

I just looked at the Thai embassy in Singapore and it seems possible to apply to for a new 1 year visa from there (I hold a 2 year pass to Singapore also).

The only thing I don't get, is that for the "Long Stay" visa, it states as the first requirement that I'm above 50 years of age (I'm not).

Up to now Perth and Hull UK are the only Consulates issuing Multi Entry Non Imm O Visas for the reason of visiting friends.

As Perth appears to be closing soon the choice is down to one.

The so called longstay Visa is for retirement purposes for which you need to be over 50 to qualify.

Up to now Perth and Hull UK are the only Consulates issuing Multi Entry Non Imm O Visas for the reason of visiting friends.

As Perth appears to be closing soon the choice is down to one.

The so called longstay Visa is for retirement purposes for which you need to be over 50 to qualify.

Thanks, I was hoping that wasn't the case, but it makes sense now.

Without a Thai wife/child Perth is about the only option closer than Hull and would require ID card copy of person you are visiting.

Perth Australia is very easy, I did take an copy of a friends i.d + an invitation letter, but this was not needed. ...

Humm...

I may be wrong, but the OP said he will need a new visa in December

and Perth consulate will close in October... :(

Seems like Perth will not be an option for him :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Thanks all. Change of plans and looking for input on whether or not I've missed something:

Current visa expires Sep. 21st.

Current permission to stay expires Sep. 19th

I plan to go to on a last visa run on the 16th or 17th, to get a final 90 days. Should expire sometime Dec 2010.

I then plan to apply to a Thai language school (Walen) at approx. 25k THB and have them apply for a 1 YR Ed visa.

When Ed visa is confirmed, which Walen says should take 3-5 weeks, will go pick this up in Cambodia or other neighbouring country.

I will the continue with visa runs every 90 days for another year.

Is any of this problematic?

I don't think so, but am a little paranoid.

Reason is, I think it's about the same as a flight to either Perth or UK and will get the benefit of some Thai lessons.

Overall, I think this solution fits my circumstances better at the moment.

Edited by schmutzie

School provides paperwork but you obtain the visa and in most cases it will be single entry and then you extend using school paperwork every 90 days rather than having to travel outside Thailand from my understanding. Cost will be 1,900 baht for each extension of stay but single entry visa will be 2k rather than the 5k for multi entry.

School provides paperwork but you obtain the visa and in most cases it will be single entry and then you extend using school paperwork every 90 days rather than having to travel outside Thailand from my understanding. Cost will be 1,900 baht for each extension of stay but single entry visa will be 2k rather than the 5k for multi entry.

Yep, they do mention to get extensions in Bangkok. As the visa runs are 2k also per trip, I kind of just thought of them as the same thing.

So the downside is that if I wish to exit Thailand during my year on Ed visa, I will have to purchase the multi-entry visa.

I guess this is really a question for the school.

I'm just paranoid that for some reason I won't be given another 90 days on the existing visa, as the Ed visa will obviously take some time to process.

I don't think so, but am a little paranoid.

Reason is, I think it's about the same as a flight to either Perth or UK and will get the benefit of some Thai lessons.

Overall, I think this solution fits my circumstances better at the moment.

If your looking for the cheapest option for another 14+ months then Perth before they close next month...

under 7 hours direct flight with Thai Air [20,300 baht at Travel Agents] about 15,000 or less baht with the budget airlines + 1x night in Perth [depends on Hotel between 2 - 3,000 baht] + 225 AU $ for Visa [Make an appointments for same day collection]...

Going to Hull UK would be a lot more expensive, if that was the only reason for going..

School sure you can lean Thai.. 25,000 baht + ED Visa 2,000 baht + all places appear to take 2 days to Issue ED Visa so flight + Hotel for 2 or 3 nights again depends on Hotel and where but would be around 8 - 10,000 baht. + whatever it cost to get to the school every week....

Immigration Extensions and Boarder Runs are the same price so would make little difference if you have a '0' or a 'ED' Visa..

From what I understand you can get the 'ED' visa for years but must go out of Thailand every year for the new Visa..

To sum up the 'ED Visa' will last you till December 2011, or get a early new '0' Visa in Perth will take you till January 2012