Getting An International Money Order

I need to send an international money order sent abroad (from Bangkok):

"We can accept both a Canadian or American International Money Order - whichever currency is easier for you to get at your local bank. Please ensure that it is negotiable in Canada "

Is this a service I can get at a local bank without having an account? If so, what sort of fees?

Thanks,

pete

Edited by pete66

Am not sure if the same but 50 years ago they had International Postal money orders that you obtained from the Post Office but not sure if Post Office still handles these or not. I would not send money to anyone not accepting PayPal or credit cards in this day and age if I expected something in return.

Thanks for the reply. Its ok. I trust them. Just I don't have a credit card and they don't accept paypal. I'll go and ask at a few banks round here, see if they look at me strange :)

I asked Kasikorn recently, and this was their reply, hope it helps.

In case that you would like to buy draft, you can contact any branch to buy it that the fee 200 Baht and stamp duty 3 Baht. For documents to buy draft is your passpot and documents to show purpose of this money. Then, you can send draft to beneficiary by postal mail.