hi

i am in bangkok possibly for the next few months, and would very much like to get work here. i am a british citizen and have various skills, (computer science degree, web design skills, lots of experience at bar work/managment). what are the chances of getting work here any advice/tips aswell as people experiences would be great to hear.

cheers, hugh.

hi

i am in bangkok possibly for the next few months, and would very much like to get work here. i am a british citizen and have various skills, (computer science degree, web design skills, lots of experience at bar work/managment). what are the chances of getting work here any advice/tips aswell as people experiences would be great to hear.

cheers, hugh.

I cant comment on the bar work, know nothing about that industry here...but regarding the IT work you would need to get a company sponsored Non imm B visa from abroad, then a work permit when you arrive. For a thai IT company to want to hire you and process the necessary paperwork you would generally need to have skills that are not locally available coupled with significant production experience. Refer to THIS THREAD on some of my more verbose thoughts.

hi

cheers, hugh.

Coming for a few months, don't hold your hopes too high. Some IT professionals here spend months and months in fruitless interviews.

I am actually looking for a web developer now - but in order to hire you I will need to add 2,000,000 baht to my company's capital so you could get a work permit. Even after that, you will be paid market salary - which, on a full time job, will not be enough for even half of what I estimate you will require.