Bowling alley in Chiangrai?

ray23

As i have heard the bowling alley is very buissy with young scool kids, people tell me that the best time to go is apprx 17.00 hour.

personally i have not yet been there, not that i dont like but because i am rather buissy.

the same goes for the bowling mr jos, thank you for subscribing at the oldest bowling club in chiang rai. we are even older as the bowling alley itsels, we were bowling fanatics before they were even talking about building one in chiang rai.

But thanks to Prof. Drs. Limbo who made a verry strong lobby, the bowling alley is now a fact, for this reason we thougt it was nessecary to make Proff. drs. Limbo Member in honour. so he can add an other tittle to his name.

Thank you verry much Proff. drs. Limbo.

Thank you to Mr. Josef. please come by so we can talk about the details.

But thanks to Prof. Drs. Limbo who made a verry strong lobby, the bowling alley is now a fact, for this reason we thougt it was nessecary to make Proff. drs. Limbo Member in honour. so he can add an other tittle to his name.

Thank you verry much Proff. drs. Limbo.

I am touched! Thank you Erg Esq, thank you!

I am sure my parents would have been extremely proud, if they would have lived to share this wonderful moment with me.

To make me 'Member in Honour' of Bo's Bowling Buddies is a superb friendly way to tell me not to join the team :o .

You are right: I never held a bowling ball in my hands and only the idea that I would have to stick my fingers in it gives me the creeps.

May I suggest that you ask Hans 'Heineken' to be the coach? He is seventy years old now, but does every day 30 to 40 kms on his bicycle. So he must be extremely fit.

And ok, time goes, in the meantime halve a century ago, he was youth champion bowling of The Hague (Netherlands).

Also later he won several cups. I talked with him about it and he didn't say no. Go for him!

By the way:

11 to 3 it costs 40 Baht a person a game (I suppose), from 3 to 7 it's 60 Baht and from 7 to 1 o'clock night 80 Baht. Rental of the shoes is 20 Baht.

Limbo :D

again... up until today..i still havent seen the bowling alley in chiang rai yet... :D

Let me give you a clue.

Let's say if you would swallow a bowling ball by mistake, the Kasemrad Sriburin Hospital would be the nearest place to get help :o .

The same would be the case if your fingers got stuck in the ball.

Join Bo's Bowling Buddies! We have two teams for beginners now, but are still looking for people to join our first team.

More information at expat meeting place number 1 in Chiang Rai, which (what a coincidence) is called Bo's Place.

Next Monday things are going to be very serious.

By the way: Bo's Bowling Buddies is the first and (of course) the oldest bowling club of Chiang Rai. It was founded in December 2004.

After playing air-bowling for more than a year we are very happy that the new bowling alley is a fact.

Welcome 'unknown user', Bo needs you!

Lim Bo.

Limbo.

Edited by Limbo

is that Bo's place is a small resturant with pool table with aroy hamburger near night bazaar? just make sure that there is the same Bo's place that u guys mention???

unknown_user.. :o

I think it is way out near Big C - not far from the bowling alley - but there are many places serving farang food within walking distance of the Night Market.

:D Homealone

is that Bo's place is a small resturant with pool table with aroy hamburger near night bazaar? just make sure that there is the same Bo's place that u guys mention???

unknown_user.. :D

I think it is way out near Big C - not far from the bowling alley - but there are many places serving farang food within walking distance of the Night Market.

:D Homealone

It's funny, last week there was a pool table and now a 'fussball' table. But the place itself remained the same and didn't move to Big C either (as Mr. Homealone so kindly suggested).

Talking about funny and fussball: You don't have to be supporter of Schalke 04 (Gelsenkirchen) to be a regular visitor of 'Funny House', the nice little place of Klaus and Kitty. They are champions on the square meter and on the 'Schnitzel' as well, but also a genuine 'curry-wurst' can be consumed.

The 'Funny House' is opposite the Wiang Inn Hotel on the main road close to the night bazaar.

And for that matter: You don't have to be German either, but it helps :D !

Many local expats drop in during the afternoon for a beer (I had a couple of 'Weihenstephaner' there yesterday, an excellent German white-beer, Erg a couple of whisky-soda's and Bo preferred orange juice). During the evening many German tourists visit 'Funny House' for a real German meal.

A good atmosphere.

Limbo

PS. If you are a Bayern-München fan, you can better keep it for yourself :o .

aha LIMBO i though i have been there once.. with my canadian friends good food! and friendly fanrang man ( i dont know who he is...but seem like he is the owner) and yes its memoable for me coz' i was goin to toilet i saw the door was open then i walked stright to the toilet... but as soon as i chin up and looked up i saw a farang man's as s , he was peeing!! yeah!!! but good luck i ran faster than he could see me!! hahah anyway i am a woman!! :o

• 2 weeks later...

aha LIMBO i though i have been there once.. with my canadian friends good food! and friendly fanrang man ( i dont know who he is...but seem like he is the owner) and yes its memoable for me coz' i was goin to toilet i saw the door was open then i walked stright to the toilet... but as soon as i chin up and looked up i saw a farang man's as s , he was peeing!! yeah!!! but good luck i ran faster than he could see me!! hahah anyway i am a woman!!

.... 'unknown user' wrote

the first bowlingmeeting from the HAMBURGER buns was great 8 people , not bad for the first time see you back on monday thank you all

.... was Jozef's reply

Maybe Jozef meant the Hamburger Bums!

It would make both postings on topic.

Limbo (honorable member of Bo's Bowling Buddies)

aha LIMBO i though i have been there once.. with my canadian friends good food! and friendly fanrang man ( i dont know who he is...but seem like he is the owner) and yes its memoable for me coz' i was goin to toilet i saw the door was open then i walked stright to the toilet... but as soon as i chin up and looked up i saw a farang man's as s , he was peeing!! yeah!!! but good luck i ran faster than he could see me!! hahah anyway i am a woman!!

the first bowlingmeeting from the HAMBURGER buns was great 8 people , not bad for the first time see you back on monday thank you all

.... was Jozef's reply

Jozef’s use of “buns” is appropriate as buns, in English slang, also means the cheeks of one’s derriere.

:o Mymechew

.... was Jozef's reply

Jozef’s use of “buns” is appropriate as buns, in English slang, also means the cheeks of one’s derriere.

MAYBE

• 1 month later...

What`s happening in the Chiang Rai bowling league? Which team is at the top of the league table?

Please tell me that you guys have started the Chiang Rai Inaugaral trophy. I`m eager to read a DR Limbo style breakdown/post mortem of how the first league meeting went.

Waiting with baited breath.

Yours faithfully,

Overseas air bowling representative :o

• 2 weeks later...
What`s happening in the Chiang Rai bowling league? Which team is at the top of the league table?

Please tell me that you guys have started the Chiang Rai Inaugaral trophy. I`m eager to read a DR Limbo style breakdown/post mortem of how the first league meeting went.

Waiting with baited breath.

Yours faithfully,

Overseas air bowling representative :D

Chang,

Sorry for the slow reponse, but as you know everything is slow here in CR. The bowling leaque was defunked before it even got started. Some said the atmosphere was plastic. Some said the balls were too heavy. Some said the Noon start time was too early. Many were looking for a lawn bowling green. But most of them said they gave it up for sex-a lot easier, and you don't have to change shoes. :D:D:o

But most of them said they gave it up for sex -a lot easier-, and you don't have to change shoes. :D:D:o

.... Mumbojumbo uttered without any discretion.

And he is right, as you don't have to wear socks eather.

Dear Chiang35Baht OABR/BBB (Overseas Air Bowling Representative of Bo's Bowling Buddies) don't give up. A lot of work has been done already.

We had several meetings at Bo's to decide on details concerning the statutes and byelaws and at the moment we are in the process of compiling the board. These things take time. It would not be a good thing to hurry. Everything has to be done very carefully, as you without any doubt will understand.

Because being the first and thereby oldest bowling club of Chiang Rai creates obligations.

We also had problems with the duration of the membership of some of our bowlers which seriously undermined our claim to be the oldest club of Chiang Rai.

However, after consultations with some prominent Thai politicians and some staff members of the Thai Election Committee we finally found a way to solve this problem.

So don't worry, when you are back on stage again you will find a solid club.

Limbo :D , Honorary Member of BBB.

Hey guys just go have fun, even with a many farrangs a you have here in Udon you wold be hard pressed to put together three four man teams much less a league.

It's great to get out and visit with other people, no need to get serious, remember those were the days whne we were working and competing. Those days are gone for me and I like it that way. So go have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm....Mr. Ray23, I do understand that not everybody is serious about Bowling, but as you read, i write Bowling with a capital B.

For us (the oldest and therefour first Bowling team in Chiang Rai) Bowling is a way of life.

I do understand that for some people its "just a game" but please do not be offended, that for us thats not the case.

For the same reason we can not just play Bowling at opening hours, we made offcourse special arrangements, with the owners of chiang rai Bowling alley, wich couldt only came to open its doors thanks to our members of honour, BBB Drs. Proffesor Limbo, and offcourse, Chiang35Baht OABR/BBB (Overseas Air Bowling Representative of Bo's Bowling Buddies)

You offcourse understand our tactics, as we can not show our very proffecionall swing, as we say in profesionall Bowling language.

There four we play at secret ours (mostly at night) with police protection to keep spectators at a save distance while the police officers are offcourse being frisked, for not having cameras, we had some problem a while ago with an officer trying to make pictures with the intention off selling them to the highest bidder.

But do not fear, you will see us Play, as we speak our sponsors are negotiating, because the last sponsor we had while airBowling (Nike air) dos not allow us to talk with Budweiser, who desperatly wants to sponsor our Bowlingteam.

So Ray 23 thank you for the response but please lets stay serious.

Erg :o

woww ,strange to know that... hhah i just played it yesterday. Im a newbie for bowling but i made strike 3 times... . hope i will have some more times (and mood) to bowling again... anyway they told me on the 7th April there will have Paint ball area (sorry , donno which Noun i should use with Paint ball )must be very hot for sure....look at the sun!

Hmm....Mr. Ray23, I do understand that not everybody is serious about Bowling, but as you read, i write Bowling with a capital B.

For us (the oldest and therefour first Bowling team in Chiang Rai) Bowling is a way of life.

I do understand that for some people its "just a game" but please do not be offended, that for us thats not the case.

For the same reason we can not just play Bowling at opening hours, we made offcourse special arrangements, with the owners of chiang rai Bowling alley, wich couldt only came to open its doors thanks to our members of honour, BBB Drs. Proffesor Limbo, and offcourse, Chiang35Baht OABR/BBB (Overseas Air Bowling Representative of Bo's Bowling Buddies)

You offcourse understand our tactics, as we can not show our very proffecionall swing, as we say in profesionall Bowling language.

There four we play at secret ours (mostly at night) with police protection to keep spectators at a save distance while the police officers are offcourse being frisked, for not having cameras, we had some problem a while ago with an officer trying to make pictures with the intention off selling them to the highest bidder.

But do not fear, you will see us Play, as we speak our sponsors are negotiating, because the last sponsor we had while airBowling (Nike air) dos not allow us to talk with Budweiser, who desperatly wants to sponsor our Bowlingteam.

So Ray 23 thank you for the response but please lets stay serious.

Erg :o

ERG, good luck it'd very hard to get me serious about anything these days, but I promise never to tell anyone of your secert swing, bowling or baseball :D

Whilst on vacation in Chiang Rai during the month of March. I made a concerted effort to find out more and maybe join with Bo's Bowling Buddies. However when I visited Bo's Place I found the doors firmly locked and a sign on the door stating CLOSED. :D

Enquiries at another local establishment owned and managed by one Mr Klaus Kruger and Mrs Kitiya. Mr Klaus duly informed me that the owner of Bo's Place was on vacation in Kho Samui, and therefore it would be wise for me to remain in his establishment and drink a few beers with him and his buddies. :o

So, I remained, and drank copiously, and got very merry in the company of some colourful characters.

Chiang Rai . . wonderful . . :D

Bowling . . . well . . maybe next time in May . . :D

Imagedude :D

Get Um next week :o

I run into the same thing retired with a back injury, so I can not play enough to get good, so I just go when I think I can handle a few games. Still fun The wife on the other hand when she practises regularly, has hit 257 once. Since we bought the house and she insn't getting in her four days of practice a week has a hard time hitting two hundred now, Which was a pretty normal thing for her. Oh well it's for fun so hope your back soon. We still plan a trip up that way to join you guys for some bowling, just don't know when

• 3 weeks later...
Beeing a proffesional Bowler, i am wondering, is there somebody who knows about Air massage

Why an "air massage"? Is your body too delicate to be touched or are you worried about the arousal factor? Strip down and turn on the fan!