Bottled Water. Is It Safe?

Lite Beer

Any water reports on the foods grown, foods cooked, animals raised and slaughtered for human consumption, and, most importantly, the water used at noodle stands/carts? I need to figure out how to filter/protect myself from these indirect sources of Thai water. I gave up on holding my breath to protect myself from the Bangkok air...made me blue in the face and thirsty. :D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the likely answer to your question is: You really don't want to know.... :bah:

Any water reports on the foods grown, foods cooked, animals raised and slaughtered for human consumption, and, most importantly, the water used at noodle stands/carts? I need to figure out how to filter/protect myself from these indirect sources of Thai water. I gave up on holding my breath to protect myself from the Bangkok air...made me blue in the face and thirsty. :D

• 2 months later...

I use a 4k baht 3-cartridge filter and drink the tap water filtered that way.

1x sediment filter

1x ion exchange

1x charcoal & UV . . . it's the UV at the end of the process that makes me think it's safe.

After that I pour it in a glass jar and let it sit in that. The jar sits on top of a magnetic plate and in the jar I have some crushed up coral minerals from Okinawa and selection of crystals as well as "prill beads" and "EM ceramics" ... do a search on those items if you are bot familiar with them. Quackery or not, cannot do harm, and it does taste better... done the blind test with friends and never fails. They laugh at me and suggest I buy a goldfish because it all looks highly decorative... like a little fishtank.

Agree with the poster who suggests that water has memory and can be energised.

Water straight from the tap or even from the filter, or from a bottle - biochemically safe or not - will be energetically dead and not very hydrating. Chances are the energetic information of harmful substances is still in it even if the substances are not... like, say, London tapwater has been through 7 pairs of kidneys by the time you drink it, think of the energetic pollution from that... in any case, energising the water with crystals and good vibes can only help... also think the research done by Masaru Emoto - water is intelligent and picks up the vibes of intention... send it some love & gratitude and it will be better for you.

Also agree that fluoride is bad bad news... as is purified NaCl, especially with added iodine.

Here is a link to a Babelfish translation of a German article about water & salt... forgive the dodgy English, it's machine-translated but I think the open-minded who care about their welll-being will find it worth reading:

http://babelfish.yah...TrUrl=Translate

Whoever said Mont Fleur and Aura are not actually spring water - CAN YOU BACK THIS UP?

Edited by lovenim

Rather shocked that I found this interesting. I don't drink enough water. I drink soda or tonic with fruit juice. water alone I have to be VERY hot to drink. ANd it has to be VERY cold.

I make lemon tea sometimes from the nestle green bottled stuff. tap for washing and for brushing teeth only. If you've seen the crap rain water does to your car, you'd never drink it!

Here is a question:

If you put your own pee through a filter, starting on a full stomach, how many times could your recycle your pee without drinking anything else before you ran out?

Rather shocked that I found this interesting. I don't drink enough water. I drink soda or tonic with fruit juice. water alone I have to be VERY hot to drink. ANd it has to be VERY cold.

I make lemon tea sometimes from the nestle green bottled stuff. tap for washing and for brushing teeth only. If you've seen the crap rain water does to your car, you'd never drink it!

Here is a question:

If you put your own pee through a filter, starting on a full stomach, how many times could your recycle your pee without drinking anything else before you ran out?

They say if you live in central London the water will have passed through at least 8 people before you drink it. Maybe a load of bull kee but who knows.

While I was last in the UK the tap water tasted terrible, I know they have to clean the water of microrganisms however it tastes like its tainted with chlorine. I always filter water in the UK.

The big bottles for 13 baht I drink in Thailand and there is no taint just clear water. I use to drink the rainwater and still would however all the horror stories regarding pollution etc I prefer to part with 13 baht.

• 8 months later...

Seriously we used to use tap water for washing and cooking. This was in Chonburi province.

The tap water was passed though a triple filter, carbon/resin/ceramic to produce our drinking water.

In the UK water is treated with Fluoride to help prevent tooth decay.

That will not be true of any water source in Thailand.

Consider using a toothpaste with extra fluoride.

I wouldn't recommend extra fluoride. Just type "dangers of too much Fluoride" in google.