Income Statement; Canadian Embassy

They told me that they would need to see copies of the bank statements showing money being deposited in the account regularly. At the time I did not think to ask them for how long a period must I show them a income, like for the past 12 months. Americans seem to have it much easier, just making a sworn statement.

FWIW: It is my experience that other countries embassies here in Thailand have much more stringent requirements to secure the verification of funds letter. Certainly they are much more document dependant than the 'scouts honor' bull-shit the US Embassy makes an american do :o .

I know a client who used the UK Embassy here to get the verification letter. He said he had to supply them with pension statements, bank statements, tax documents etc. I don't know personally as I didn't go with him there. In my opinion the letter had virtually the same information as the one the US Embassy gives out; his just had the UK logo. I also don't know about the cost.

A quick call to the Canadian Embassy here in Bangkok at the number below should clear up your questions. (I'm reasonably sure canucks can speak something close to american engrish!! :whistling: )

Canadian Embassy Bangkok

15th Floor, Abdulrahim Place

990 Rama IV Road

Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

Thailand

Telephone: +66 (02)-636-0540

Fax: +66 (02)-636-0566

Email: [email protected]

Oh, if you do find out, post your findings so we all know.

Remember knowledge is power, albeit just a teensy weensy bit. ;) ..

They told me that they would need to see copies of the bank statements showing money being deposited in the account regularly. At the time I did not think to ask them for how long a period must I show them a income, like for the past 12 months. Americans seem to have it much easier, just making a sworn statement.

Those bank statement deposits would be for those using the money in a Thai bank account income.

What about those of us using foreign income, at least or greater than the equivalent of 800k baht (400k baht for married), but not importing all of it, only the portion necessary for daily living expenses?

What tax or income documents from Canada do they require, or will they accept a sworn statement as apparently the Yanks will?

As tod-daniels asked, "Oh, if you do find out, post your findings so we all know."

Not needed for quite a while, but I'd like to know without warning the embassy I'm here until I have to!

I know a client... Whose client?

That quote from a post made by tod-daniels would be a reference to a client of his. I have seen it mentioned that he often accompanies people to the Bangkok immigration office, people who don't feel comfortable going there on their own.

--

Maestro

If he means as a friend or a pal, then he should say as a friend or a pal ... so someone does not infer otherwise.

My suggestion WADR to aka Gene Simmons: Ditch the 'C-----' word

Edited by jazzbo

I just did an income statement one week ago, albeit at the Canadian Consulate in Chiang Mai. Procedure should be the same. I submitted three months of itemized statements from bank in Canada -- download from online banking is OK, provided you can verify online if asked.

Provide your passport and 1600 Baht.

They will prepare affidavit for you to swear, with copies of bank statements attached.

Provided your income exceeds the requirement ( 65,000 Baht monthly ) , they will provide letter for you to take to Thai Immigration. Ask for two copies of letter , in case you need a second letter later. Thai Immigration will accept the letter anywhere from 1 to 3 months later -- each office seems to be different.

If he means as a friend or a pal, then he should say as a friend or a pal ... so someone does not infer otherwise.

My suggestion WADR to aka Gene Simmons: Ditch the 'C-----' word

Thanx, for the well meant, I think :blink: warning. .. I will henceforth refer to them as 'acquaintances'. Of course, if that is acceptable to the illustrious posers <sic> :o errr posters on the T/V Forum .

The only reason I started using the 'C' word (client) is: some of these people are most definitely NOT my friends, by any wild stretch of my imagination.

For whatever reason they're just skeptical of the outcome if they deal with the thai bureaucracy out at Immigrations on their own. I accompany them to facilitate their needs (totally within the letter of thai law, at least in regard to their requirements for what ever it is they're wanting out there).

Now whether I'm actually allowed to do this; I dunno, (and in reality I dont care B) ). Its almost turned into a long running joke which started at Suan Plu and now has migrated out to Changwattana when they see me. Ohhh, Mr. Tod, you come again with a new friend? You have many friends, na?

All seriousness aside ;) : Point well taken & thanx, I'll heed your sage advice. ...

Edited by tod-daniels

• 1 year later...

I just did an income statement one week ago, albeit at the Canadian Consulate in Chiang Mai. Procedure should be the same. I submitted three months of itemized statements from bank in Canada -- download from online banking is OK, provided you can verify online if asked.

Provide your passport and 1600 Baht.

They will prepare affidavit for you to swear, with copies of bank statements attached.

Provided your income exceeds the requirement ( 65,000 Baht monthly ) , they will provide letter for you to take to Thai Immigration. Ask for two copies of letter , in case you need a second letter later. Thai Immigration will accept the letter anywhere from 1 to 3 months later -- each office seems to be different.

Thank you, am doing the same (Canada Con. Chiang Mai) and have letters from CPP and Superan Pension in regards to income. They will provide these at request for this type of visa, as they get regular requests and know the requirements. I will also print bank statements as well then. I am assuming (I know, mother of all errors) that a statement of deposits is all, not on going banking activity on account.

Having pension statements available you do not need bank statements, as this affidavit is all about income, not money in the bank. An itemised bank statement, as tigermonkey mentioned, is usually used when somebody does not have evidence of earning an income such as an employment contract, employer's confirmation, rental contract for properties being rented out, pension statements, or the like and some embassies that require evidence of income sometimes accept the itemised bank statement in such situation.

What about those of us using foreign income, at least or greater than the equivalent of 800k baht (400k baht for married), but not importing all of it, only the portion necessary for daily living expenses?

The amount required for a marriage extension is 40k per month equaling 480k per year - not 400k.

Sophon