Taxi To Swampy From Don M.

If my memory serves me correctly between 400-500 baht.

Toll on top of that I think.

Regards

ragandboneman

Unless you have very limited time, there are alternatives:

1. - Taxi from Don Muang to the new Airport Express (AP) station, then AP to Swampy. AP will be operating full schedule (but without city check-in facility) within a few days from now, plus it's half price until end of this year. Travel time AP city station to Swampy is 16 minutes.

2. - Taxi to Morchit BTS station, BTS to Phya Thai station then 2 minute walk to Airport Express. Even less walk when they finish the bridge allowing passengers to walk directly (same level from BTS platform to Airport Express platform. Should be complete within a couple of weeks.

Edited by scorecard

Regards

ragandboneman

Indeed

The going rate for taxi-fares is around 10 baht per kilometer

The distance between Don Mueang and Suvarnibhumi is around 40 kilometer

And yes, add the toll for the expressway.

Edited by hansnl

Regards

ragandboneman

Indeed

The going rate for taxi-fares is around 10 baht per kilometer

The distance between Don Mueang and Suvarnibhumi is around 40 kilometer

And yes, add the toll for the expressway.

Sorry what's Swampy?

I believe the rate goes up as the distance increases but the top rate is only 5.5 baht per kilometre. There is no way that it should cost anywhere near 500 baht for the journey mentioned. I would estimate about 250-350 baht, depending on the time of day of course.

Edited by inthepink

Alternatively depending on the time of day and your level of socializing you can take a baht van (mini bus), they leave every half hour or when one is full and all tolls paid too, if you don't have a lot of luggage, works just fine and only costs 50 baht for the entire trip and is reasonably quick depending on traffic...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Alternatively depending on the time of day and your level of socializing you can take a baht van (mini bus), they leave every half hour or when one is full and all tolls paid too, if you don't have a lot of luggage, works just fine and only costs 50 baht for the entire trip and is reasonably quick depending on traffic...

Wow, thanks for this!

This post is more about experience, and this would appear to be an interesting way to go!

Thanks again!

Regards

ragandboneman

Unless you have very limited time, there are alternatives:

1. - Taxi from Don Muang to the new Airport Express (AP) station, then AP to Swampy. AP will be operating full schedule (but without city check-in facility) within a few days from now, plus it's half price until end of this year. Travel time AP city station to Swampy is 16 minutes.

2. - Taxi to Morchit BTS station, BTS to Phya Thai station then 2 minute walk to Airport Express. Even less walk when they finish the bridge allowing passengers to walk directly (same level from BTS platform to Airport Express platform. Should be complete within a couple of weeks.

Scorecard makes a good suggestion to catch a taxi to the Airport Link train but there is some incorrect information in the post in relation to the Airport Link.

The Airport Link is currently only running M-F from 7am to 10am and 4pm -7pm.

It is currently free (being a trial service). Trains depart every 20 mins and the trip takes around 25 mins (between Phaya Thai and the Airport).

So unless your arriving at DM during these times, it is not going to be much use.

Full services (5am to 1am every day) will commence from 23 August.

Also, Makkasan station (the main terminal , called the CAT - City Air Terminal) is NOT open until 23 Aug so don't go there.

If you were going to taxi from DM to one of the Airport Link stations, then Ratchaprarop would be the most direct and easiest. Much easier and quicker than going to PT. Straight down Vihavadi road to Din Daeng then down Ratchaprarop rd to the station.

It should cost about 150-160 baht by taxi (no need to take the expressway unless your right in the middle of morning peak and have limited time)