Eye Glasses

phuketlen

Go to Bangkok Phuket hospiotal and get an eye exam and a prescription for your new lense - take that to Washington Optical in Phuket town and chose the frames and have them make up and fit your prescription in the lense - collect new glasses four days later and put on face, done.

Go to Bangkok Phuket hospiotal and get an eye exam and a prescription for your new lense - take that to Washington Optical in Phuket town and chose the frames and have them make up and fit your prescription in the lense - collect new glasses four days later and put on face, done.

I did that the first time I felt I needed glasses (perhaps the doctor at Bangkok hospital has a vested interest) but then Washington Optical also tested my eyes & came up with the same result so you should bypass the expense of the doctor as any optical shop will test your eyes for free. I use the one in Big C as does my daughter who was diagnosed many years ago with an eye defect but is gradually improving over the years through slight changes in one of the lenses. I originally noticed her watching TV with one eye closed occasionally.

If you just need them for reading go to the phuket weekend market and purchase them there.

They have a range of different lenses and frames in one stall there and are not expensive.

Buy 2 pairs then if you sit on one you always have a spare pair, a long time ago an optometrist

friend told me to do this as i was always breaking my glasses and i only need them for reading.

I just posted the same question a few weeks ago and went with Better Vision in Central.

First i went to one in Kata that was not a large chain. The equiptment was old but the woman seemed professional and knew what she was doing. i didnt like the frames and her price was high for the lenses.

Tried Top Charoen as it is next to my work. (how can it not be if you work in a tourist area).

Was curious about their 2 for 1. however the fames looked dirty and they would give me a discont if I did not do the 2 for 1. Also the girls were young and could have probably administered a decent exam, certainly not professional.

So then while I was Central I remembered the recommendations here.. have to say I was quite happy with the guy. He did lots of test, knew what he was doing, was patient while I looked at framed (not following me around).. etc. In the end I paid about 6k for some ray ban. The lens were like 800 and the exam free. or something like that. Could have gotten way cheaper frames but...

They were also ready in 30 min.