Visitors To Pattaya

smedly

maybe just me but there seems to be more visitors from the middle east and india than anywhere else, everywhere I go around pattaya they just seem to be more prevalent than any other nationality especially Iran, didn't see too many Russians

It's getting towards the hottest time of the year in the middle east so that's probably why the Arabs are there, though how you know they are Iranians beats me. It is the same in KL, August is the month of the Guinness bottle.

As for the Indians, maybe it's the same reason or maybe it's a sign of the growing economy of the sub-continent.

Anyway we should welcome the Arabs, particularly those from the more repressive regimes, as they get to see what life can be like with a bit of freedom.

I see many Arabs with Thai girls and wonder what it would be like for them if they were seen walking around their home country with a girl on their arm. After seeing how they treat women in their own countries I

As for the Indians, many girls will not go with them. Too many instances of someone going back to a room with an Indian and finding a couple of his mates there as well. All wanting their turn.

Similarly, I have personally seen Indians try to book one hotel room then several turn up and want to share the room. I have also seen them turn up, one person goes to the room and tries to let the others in through a different entrance.

As long as every visitor behaves correctly, all are welcome. They won't bring the big money to the entertainment venues though. I went to Mixx last Weekend and felt like being the only farang in the entire building. Felt kind of strange, but we have enough choices here!

One post deleted please see the following rule:

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

Please also read the following rule before turning this thread into a minority people bashing thread.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

yes could be the temp in the middle east...never thought of that.............................my initial post was simple an observation and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same, as for peeps from Iran, well I have met quite a few recently but very few over the last 8 years

Believe it or not but a lot people from the Middle East come to Thailand this time of year to 'cool' off.

Do they come to "cool off" or to "let off steam"? Given the repressive character of the societies (often supported and enforced by the men there) in the

Middle East, the latter is a more likely explanation of the increase in people/men from that region.

Believe it or not but a lot people from the Middle East come to Thailand this time of year to 'cool' off.

Do they come to "cool off" or to "let off steam"? Given the repressive character of the societies (often supported and enforced by the men there) in the

Middle East, the latter is a more likely explanation of the increase in people/men from that region.

If you had lived in the ME you would understand that they really do come to Thailand to cool off.

It is brutal this time of year in ME. 50c and up is not uncommon in summer.

If you had lived in the ME you would understand that they really do come to Thailand to cool off.

It is brutal this time of year in ME. 50c and up is not uncommon in summer.

If they really left the ME to "cool off", why don't they travel to a Scandinavian country? Pattaya isn't 50'c, but it certainly insn't "cool" and the weather right now certainly woundn't comment it. I expect that there is another reason/explanation.......besides weather!

Witness a couple of restaurant owners getting heated when a group of Indians walk into a restaurant, but only one has a drink, and they want to share that too. It's the cultural differences that contribute to Pattaya being an exotic destination.

I see many Arabs with Thai girls and wonder what it would be like for them if they were seen walking around their home country with a girl on their arm. After seeing how they treat women in their own countries I

As for the Indians, many girls will not go with them. Too many instances of someone going back to a room with an Indian and finding a couple of his mates there as well. All wanting their turn.

Similarly, I have personally seen Indians try to book one hotel room then several turn up and want to share the room. I have also seen them turn up, one person goes to the room and tries to let the others in through a different entrance.

Most Indians seek good value. Witnessed a group on WS negotiating with one of Pattaya's young hostesses. Price was agreed for services but the Indians thought it was for a group rate as opposed to single rate. Very wily negotiators.