Thai Passport...?

We just got a passport for a child. Downloaded the forms from the MFA site, I think. But, we didn't need them as the official who took the application just interviewed us and typed the information into a computer. So, downloading and filling out the forms was a waste of time.

The LA consulate has a section on passports with forms:

http://www.thai-la.net/passport/passport.htm

http://www.thai-la.net/forms.htm#passport

What's your location Mumbo? If your near BKK, the new Ministry of Foreign Affairs Passport Division is located on right on Changwatana Road near to the IMPACT Muang Thong Thani exhibition centre.

It is really well organised. Electronic Thai Passports are now issued and that requires a digital photograph taken at the desk. No complicated forms are required. As long as the applicant has a current Thai ID card then all the required info is on database. A personal visit (avoiding lunch time when there is less staff) should not take more than a hour then the new PP can be collected 3 working days later.

The new building has a restuarant, newsagents, 7-11, coffee stand. It's air conditioned, bright and airy, hundreds of windows with ticket 'queing' and is a model of what a public service building should be. There is adequate on site parking if arriving by peresonal transport.

Not sure if this is the right Forum part to post this, but does any one know if its possible to down load the forms to obtain a Thai Passport..?( have tried the post office ..no go )

Many Thanks ..... Mumbo

Thanks ... buadhai and PETERTHEEATER , for the information, Ive tried downloading the forms from the web site, but here in our village ( Soeng Sang ) about 1-1/2 hours from Korat, the internet shop is what I would call not up to date !!! , ( the Acrobat reader has a mind of its own !!) and asking for help, in the shop , which also sells Rice and cycle parts is daunting to say the least .

The forms are not actually for me but a friend , who is back home, and wants to return to Thailand , and then return home with his Thai wife and new baby, and the wifes daughter ( who the passport forms are for,) he has asked me to get hold of the passport forms ready (as he will not have much time to spend in Thailand) and then send them by post to his wife, ( She lives along way from Bangkok )

could some one be kind and try and download the passport forms for me , and then send them to me as an attachment to my e.mail adderss, I hope then I could print them off and send them to my friends wife, ...?

my e.mail address is [email protected]

Thanks for the help ....Mumbo

This must be done in person for a child so there is no need for any advance forms. Getting a PDF as an attachment would not help you in any case as you would still need a PDF program to view/print it. Below is the official requirement and note that both parents have to sign.

Minors  (under 20 years of age)

1. Birth certificate (new born -14 years) or identity card (15-20 years)

2. Marriage Registration Certificate of mother and father.

3. Identity cards of mother and father.

4. Consent of parents or legal guardian (s) Minors under 15 years of age must come to the passport office with both father and mother or legal guardian (s). In case one of the parents is unable to come , he/she must sign a letter of consent, which  must be brought to the office by the other parent and the minor.  Minors over 15 years of age  can apply for a passport with a letter of consent alone signed by both father and mother or legal guardian (s).

Other documents (if applicable)

1. Certificate of changing personal name.

2. Marriage registration certificate

3. Divorce registration certificate

4. Adoption registration certificate

5. House registration document.

Notes :

1. Application fees: Baht 1,073 for a 32-page passport , Baht 1,573 for a 64-page passport.

2. Originals of the above-mentioned documents must be presented together with one copy “certified true ” of each document.

3. The passport can be collected after 3 working days.

Thanks...buadhai,

I think my Friend wants his wife to get the passport sorted before he arrives to speed things up....? So could his wife fill out some forms, and do it with out her Husband being there..?

Thanks ..... Mumbo

Yes, but she'll need a letter of consent signed by the husband. He can download it from the LA consulate site, fill it out and mail it to her. But, the form is all in Thai, so maybe he ought to go to a consulate, pick up the form and have someone help him fill it out. Unless he reads Thai, that is.

Will point out as it has not been said the current husband is the father of the child that it is the father that must sign unless there are court orders giving others custody; and in any case the application must be done in person.

Thanks ..lopburi3 and buadhai ,

So have I got this right...?

My friend wants to take his Thai wife and " HIS ' baby home along with his wifes Daughter from her ex husband, so the Wife needs to get her Ex husband to sign some sort of form ( which form any idea ) to get my friends step daughter a Thai Passport..?

Again Thanks Guy's ...... Mumbo

Both ex should appear together with child at passport office and make the request. If father can not appear legal paperwork giving his consent will have to be prepared and MFA or experienced law firm should be contacted about what exactly that entails.

Thanks again Guy;s ....

I will let my friend know, what's involved , just thinking about doing things here seem easy, until it comes to actually doing it !!!,

Thanks ..... Mumbo

PS... any one actually done this and obtained a Thai Passport for there Thai step daughter...just a thought..?

From what I know from my Thai friends, the father of the child has to give his consent in order for the child to obtain a passport.

Exceptions would be if the father was dead (death cert required) or in the even he is "MIA", they need a declared statement from the mother. However, if the father reappears, there could be complications.