Dowloading Asian Fonts On A Mobile Phone -Possible ?

siam2007

Hi all,

I have several phones which I mostly bought in Europe, as I have to maintain active mobile-numbers in several Asia countries which must be available to receive sms 24/7.

those phones usually can not display any Asia fonts, be it Thai, Japanese, Chinese a.s.o.

is there a chance to download those fonts into the phone and if so, how to do that (I am rather a "Computer-Dummie").

actually I did quite some online research but I found surprisingly little information, even the NOKIA-website was not a good source.....

thanks

No you cant download the fonts but you can take your phone to a good phone repair shop and they can install the latest firmware for your phone which will include English plus Asian language options but be sure to save any information you have on the phone before you do it. MBK charge about 200-300 Baht to flash your phone depending on the model.

Edited by iamkarlo

Yes you can!

I have Nokia E75, BB Storm 2 and iphone as well and I did install Asian fonts in all these phones [+ all several others old ones].

Just install the OEM software and search the OEM website or google for fonts to install.

You can do it also at "dummies level", the phone software will do it mostly automatically!